Quantcast

### Stick a fork in me GMT###

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Kid and wife just got Pfizer el numero uno. Crepes next...
Where did they snag the Pfizers locally? I'd only seen Moderna in the Denver region.

I might try to see if I can find somewhere to avoid a GJ run in a couple of weeks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dammit. So a few weeks ago I took the girlfriend's bike apart and had a heck of a time getting the drove side BB off. Well I found out why, looks like whoever assembled the bike just ugga dugga'd that thing on there.

I got up early today to assemble the bike for the first dirt ride this afternoon. Left the BB and cranks until the end and of course it's the last part to do that is messed up.

Balls. So now I have to go find a bike shop that is open tomorrow and bribe them with beer to chase the threads. Praying that a shop also has a Dub BB to replaced the hosed one with. Expecting a "two weeks" type of answer. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ball joints out. Fork and bfh ftw. One in, so passenger front corner done. Working on getting driver side in now, which is a bitch. In 10yrs when I do this again, I'm just pulling the strut to get space. Goal was to finish the suspension today, which is getting more questionable.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Dammit. So a few weeks ago I took the girlfriend's bike apart and had a heck of a time getting the drove side BB off. Well I found out why, looks like whoever assembled the bike just ugga dugga'd that thing on there.

I got up early today to assemble the bike for the first dirt ride this afternoon. Left the BB and cranks until the end and of course it's the last part to do that is messed up.

Balls. So now I have to go find a bike shop that is open tomorrow and bribe them with beer to chase the threads. Praying that a shop also has a Dub BB to replaced the hosed one with. Expecting a "two weeks" type of answer. :(
I have a BB face and chaser. It was $$$.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ball removal FTW!

Was definitely cancerous. Doc is pretty upbeat about prognosis, caught it super early, blood tests all came back normal. A referral to an oncologist and a shitload of CT's are probably in my future, but it seems I got off light, and probably pretty lucky.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Caught another chipmunk, making it six so far. And found some more chewed bits under the hood of my car. I have no sympathy or mercy for these evil little shits. Going to kill everyone of them.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Caught another chipmunk, making it six so far. And found some more chewed bits under the hood of my car. I have no sympathy or mercy for these evil little shits. Going to kill everyone of them.
My (ID summer) neighbors put food and water out for the chipmunks, and try to get them to eat out of their hands.

And then I spend the fall "discouraging" them from setting up residence in my house when my neighbors leave...

I have had a similar issue with moles digging up my yard and tried this stuff last fall and it seemed to work:

#InsertCaddyShackMemeHere

1617397103680.png

So I wonder if spraying something like this around your grounds might help them decide to move on:

1617397201648.png

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ball removal FTW!

Was definitely cancerous. Doc is pretty upbeat about prognosis, caught it super early, blood tests all came back normal. A referral to an oncologist and a shitload of CT's are probably in my future, but it seems I got off light, and probably pretty lucky.
Great to hear it, Squeeb! That is a pretty wild covid shot side effect though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Had my review and got my raise. While my review was great, my compensation was prorated because I have only been an employee officially since October. Works out to be $77/check before taxes. Woohoo!!! Drinks are on me! :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Had my review and got my raise. While my review was great, my compensation was prorated because I have only been an employee officially since October. Works out to be $77/check before taxes. Woohoo!!! Drinks are on me! :rofl:
Better than a kick in the nut, I always say.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Just came across a dedicated brodozer shop one town over on the way to picking up food. What are the odds?

Seems my alignment and tire balancing woes might be solved once and for all.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Can confirm, @Nick is not a zombie after wifey and I crashed his home office during our 29mile hardtail loop this afternoon.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fvck yeah 'Squeeb! :cheers:

busy day today. slept like a log and woke up at 7:40 (usually wake up before 7). Made waffles for breakfast and managed to organize a hike with another family, which was awesome. got home and started cleaning and applying storage wax to some of our skis. 8 pairs out of 17 got waxed. 17 pairs of skis. that's goddam stupid. (almost as stupid as 6 bikes?) Then the roof box came off and was replaced with this:

1617407910585.png

(went to pick it up this afternoon)
seasonal changes in full effect!

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ball removal FTW!

Absolute best of luck! Great excuse to eat and live real healthy. May you remain cancer free for many decades!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Had a lovely unplanned game of golf. Borrowed clubs but played great, amazing weather too. Man this course is so nice, cheap country course, but great fun layout and sooo pretty. Photos never do golf courses justice. Every few minutes you come round a corner or the trees open up and there is the mountain.

69EC12C6-5488-4016-8EF7-5F9214625610.jpeg

92BB256A-FCC3-408A-863D-4F790D03BA0C.jpeg

Easily my best shot onto the green (that’s my mate in the shot). I won a few holes but he prevailed in the end.

3A22F235-083A-488E-A8BA-38AD24D929CE.jpeg

Now time for 5-hour brisket!

20D4732A-9D4B-4C34-B663-7DAACB039EC7.jpeg

Yes it is that orange/yellow, is paprika and some other stuff mixed up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had a lovely unplanned game of golf. Borrowed clubs but played great, amazing weather too. Man this course is so nice, cheap country course, but great fun layout and sooo pretty. Photos never do golf courses justice. Every few minutes you come round a corner or the trees open up and there is the mountain.

View attachment 158516

View attachment 158517

Easily my best shot onto the green (that’s my mate in the shot). I won a few holes but he prevailed in the end.

View attachment 158518

Now time for 5-hour brisket!

View attachment 158519

Yes it is that orange/yellow, is paprika and some other stuff mixed up.
Playing golf with a Kiwi was always confusing when I've done it before as golf is always yards/feet to me, yet suddenly having to talk in metres is a whole new level of maths to constantly try and do :)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I think that bike frame sizes, trail features (like drops) and clothes can still be imperial measures, but I think metric is so much more useful for nearly everything else. And to be a bit more serious, it is much more mentally useful for science and engineering. I think America could get a measurable productivity bost by just accepting it. Imperial is fundamentally dumb for that stuff and it matters these days.