Quantcast

strange bikes...

Jan 13, 2005
I rode my Hartail with a Super-T for a while, it is actually not too bad, DC's can make the bike super easy to hop stairs and junk. But Turning the bike at high speed becomes an exercise in bravery though...

That's why I switched the front to a Shiver SC. But a super monster....damn. I hate rich kids with too much time on their hands....

Here's mine: CLIFCAT TANKASS/'02 MONSTER-T :drool:

You talk about the void of warranty for use of a double-crown( :nuts: )???

Well, the manufacturer here, not only did he not void my warranty, but he also put my bike on his website for awhile as one of the examples of this modle!!! :D

Let alone, that I recently ovalized the H-tube, and he vollenteered to fix it!!!

Also, for all of you itiots out there that don't get it(the concept)!!! :nuts:
It is for those of us that want the strength/durabillity/reliabillity, of a DH bike, BUT w/good pedaling, easy to bunny-hop, and for good take-off, from jumps, w/o that sickening, back-wheel-in-the-quicksand feeling that you get from most DH rigs, which suck all the momentum out of you and make you get almost no air!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
btw for the warrenty comment. any beefy hardtail campanies let you run up to an 8" DC fork on their frames and you still retain the warrenty. ie banshee

also ht with dc have a unique very percise feel to them. this is because of obvise reasons. also there are just less things to go wrong than a dh rig.

but my next hardtail will get the new sc 180mm travis :blah:

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
this pic was taken before the build was complete, but once it was it sure was fun, until the seatstay cracked. This era of Rumble is a piece.

dothedew772

Chimp
Jul 26, 2005
i think with the new long travel single crowns, dual crowns on hardtails will reduce in numbers. This is just speculation but i think that if you can get all the travel with less weight, close strength, and ability to do xups, most people will go sc

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
btw i just did the math in the weight argement and its actually a 1/2 lighter for me to run a dc travis than the sc travis. the difference it the internal headset and the intergated stem. in the end its 250 grams light to run the dc using normal componets. even if you run the lightest 1.5 stuff the dc will still be 170 grams lighter. also the dc will be about 1" shorter

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
ok im down w/ the whole hardtail freeriders out there b/c you guys rock. but i have to say the super monster on a f-ing imperial is a bit to much and probably will never see any big hucks. there just owned by rich kids that think there all great and think there the ****. its the stupidest thing out there.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
Looking at the second pic in the first post I realized IF you came close to bottoming the fork the tyre would hit the down tube because of the steep ht angle.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
^^^yes it looks like that, but if the tire doesn’t hit with a smaller fork on there then why would it hit with the S Monster. Gotta remember that as the fork compresses the downtube is at less and less of an angle, the frame wouldnt move straight down. The rear wheel would also move back some with that much travel. I don’t think a company would make a frame hit the front wheel when the suspension compresses :blah:

anyway, I don’t think you would ever need more than 7or8 in of front travel on any bike, but hard tails with a reasonable sized DC fork are cool (not that I would ever buy one for my P bike)

^^^
Amazingly he is right(the wheel on the ALUTECH, won't hit the D-tube)!!!

I couldn't get the pic. to upload, but I opened the pic. w/windows paint, and cut the frt. wheel, then moved it up to the position as if the fork was fully compressed, and amazingly the wheel/d-tube still has about 1-1/2" of clearence. Plus, if it was too close, it still has a good bit of stanchion up top that could be moved down...

On the negative side, by time it is fully compressed, the H-tube angle would be close to 90 degrees(don't hit that front brake :rolleyes: )!!!

I still think that is way too much travle for any bike what so ever :dead: !!!