Quantcast

Stroker?

wanabe

Monkey
Mar 16, 2007
Anyone using these yet. I need a new front brake and was lookin at tryn the Stroker Ryde 203mm. Hows the power/feel?

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
There awesome. Been running a set for 3 months in Whistler. Plenty of power, and the modulation is better than the Mag's. One finger braking is easier.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
only the best impress you, eh?
Are you canadain now eh? :busted: Next thing you'll be buying a Cove and calling yourself Steve.

The ones i tried felt ok before trying them (off the bike). Once i started riding them, they had better modulation than any other hayes, but lacked in overall power.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
haha, the only reason I clicked on this was the title "stroker?" immediately brought up thoughts of "PIIHB"

now back to the issue at hand. The design is very similar to the brake master cylinder of a car. It looks like a more efficient hydraulic system for incremental pressure changes. But, much like a car's master cylinder, it can't put very much pressure through the lines... hence the presense of a "brake booster". I figure you can get more braking power if you get a brake line with wider passages. just my $0.02

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
haha, the only reason I clicked on this was the title "stroker?" immediately brought up thoughts of "PIIHB"

now back to the issue at hand. The design is very similar to the brake master cylinder of a car. It looks like a more efficient hydraulic system for incremental pressure changes. But, much like a car's master cylinder, it can't put very much pressure through the lines... hence the presense of a "brake booster". I figure you can get more braking power if you get a brake line with wider passages. just my $0.02
OMG take a fluid dynamics class or something.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I refuse to. My assbackwards logic is sufficient for my current occupation :lighten:

You try working on General Motor's vehicles all day and see if you logic doesn't get screwed up
Lol, i do work on cars all day long, and its not teh Master design why a car uses a Power booster, its the leverage ratio combined with the Pushing pinston vs Pushed Piston.

P.S. any Hydraulic brake system is Simular to that on a Car

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Running them on my trail bike ('06 IH MkIII).

They work great for trail riding. I really do love them.

I'll stick to my HFX 9's on my bigger bike though (with Danger Boy levers).