Quantcast

Stump Grinder DC - Trail Work Days

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm going to try to make it out on Sat. But I'm so freakin beatup right now. My hip looks like a mule kicked me :(

No, it didn't look like a mule kicked you...looked more like a giant boulder jumped in front of you, tripped you and then stomped on your side just for fun.

Haha, hope that's feeling better! Gnarly crash, I give you props for still racing :)

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Hello,

So there is a break in the rain, and the gound is perfect for digging, and I bet even some riding in the afternoon. Tomorrow Saturday the 2nd of Feb. we will be having another of the Stump Grinder Dirt Club trail building days (yes I know Mothballs is Sat. too) There is a lot to do in prep work for the SGDC Winter XC on the 16th. If you come out and work from 8 am to 12 pm, and if the ground has dried out a bit you can pre-ride the XC or push the DH course.

Please bring shovels, food, water, warm clothes, and your riding stuff.

To get the the SGDC click here http://www.ridesb.com/syvclassic_mapdirections.htm.

To get the schedule of everything planned at the SGDC click here http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_activities.htm.

To join the Stump Grinder Dirt Club click here http://www.ridesb.com/images/formsmaps/sgdc_app.pdf.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Hecky

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ok, so it's 11:40 AM on Sat. the 2nd and I'm writing you from the SGDC! Thanks to the 4 people who showed up to help on the new DH, Amanda, M-Dub, new guy John from Los Osos. :clapping: We cut all the downed tree limbs and made some executive decisions concerning the route, like deciding to stay away from the PO! :shocked: Those guys are off on their bikes now. :monkeydance:

We have Nils working on the fence around the NEMA Dual course, and Josh and Katie are helping him with that, while Gambo is busy broadcasting grass seed in Charlotte's Meadow. :monkey: All and all we had 8 people out here today, it's an awesome day out here at the SGDC! We have accomplished a lot, but there is still tons to do.

So we'll be out here, weather permitting next weekend and every weekend until the NMBS race on May 15 - 18. I know that there is a Fontana XC on Sat., and the DH on Sunday. The XC needs a lot of work, so if any of you XC guys want to show up next Sunday that would be awesome. And vice versa for you DH riders. You know the deal, work until 12ish then ride the place! :imstupid:

To get the the SGDC click here http://www.ridesb.com/syvclassic_mapdirections.htm.

To get the schedule of everything planned at the SGDC click here http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_activities.htm. I have even listed other mountain bike races that I know of ...

To join the Stump Grinder Dirt Club click here http://www.ridesb.com/images/formsmaps/sgdc_app.pdf. We're getting new members every week! when are you going to join!

Hecky! :plthumbsdown:

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
if you still need footage, i have a semi decent setup (this cam)

if i can get my ass up there to help, i would be more then willing to let one of the faster kids use it :D unless you would like a nice slow motion video of me :D :D

Shane

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Do you mean of the actual race, or the course?

Chris (7CS, here) filmed it the year before.

Dezule43 from here, has a helmet cam video from last year.

ggtelevison (no idea who that is) filmed the XC

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
As per my commercial producer: "Absolutely no DVD movie.
Must be the captured DV footage as an AVI file."

NTSC DV (not widescreen)
29.97 fps
Frame size is 720 x 480
Depth is 24 bits.
AVI format (DV capture to avi as for edit in Adobe premiere Pro)
Interlaced only***
Average Data Rate: 3.6 MB / second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9

Must not be processed at all beyond capture from tape to limit
re-rendering/compresion.

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
As per my commercial producer: "Absolutely no DVD movie.
Must be the captured DV footage as an AVI file."

NTSC DV (not widescreen)
29.97 fps
Frame size is 720 x 480
Depth is 24 bits.
AVI format (DV capture to avi as for edit in Adobe premiere Pro)
Interlaced only***
Average Data Rate: 3.6 MB / second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9

Must not be processed at all beyond capture from tape to limit
re-rendering/compresion.
sounds like cox cable :D

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
Do you mean of the actual race, or the course?

Chris (7CS, here) filmed it the year before.

Dezule43 from here, has a helmet cam video from last year.

ggtelevison (no idea who that is) filmed the XC

man, that third video sure is boring :D bunch of people peddling up a damn hill :D :D

and i have no idea where you should ask that question. you just need to see if anybody has the raw footage.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ok monkies all of you not in fontucky come on up PLEASE, we need to really start on the features, harvest materials, we'll be there both days.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
I hope that all of you did really well today at the DH in Fontana. Today we had Marshall, Jeff and Tony D. digging on the new DH course. They got a lot done. So if we could get a ton of you out for next Sunday the 17th that would be awesome. Saturday the 16th is cool too, but just know that we have the SGDC Winter XC going on that day and I would not be able to help in any way.

For those of you available tomorrow the Sunday the 10th, Lee is rounding up some troops, why not join him?

MH :monkeydance:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So who's coming to work on the DH this weekend? :busted:

Also, if anyone wants to come volunteer for the SGDC Winter XC on Saturday I could sure use the help. The gate opens at 5:30 AM, with reg opening at 6 Am and the Marathons start the day at 7:30 AM. :disgust1:

As for the DH build, please come on out! :monkeydance:

Thx,

MH

PS. We have a TV commercial for the SYV Classic that will be airing on Cox Media in the Santa Barbara Ventura Market on Versus during the Tour of CA coverage :lighten:, make sure that you check it out! Or if you want to see it before then you can enter "Santa Ynez Valley Classic" on youtube to see it. Thanks to Dave for the DH footage!

d_c

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
sb
i'm probably going to show up to help sunday. is the slalom going to be ridable after work hours.......?

d_c

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
sb
went out today and tried to fix what i could of the DS track. i managed to smooth out the top half up to the first sets of tables. i'll be back the wknd after fontana, so in two weeks. fast and fun course though!

question: will any other jumps be added or is that the final product?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thanks for smoothing out part of the course. It was so messed up when I was there yesterday.

After the 3 rollers, there will be a few flat turns going left, then a jump off the end.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
went out today and tried to fix what i could of the DS track. i managed to smooth out the top half up to the first sets of tables. i'll be back the wknd after fontana, so in two weeks. fast and fun course though!

question: will any other jumps be added or is that the final product?
Thanks d_c! Did you see anyone else there?

mike

d_c

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
sb
no worries! i managed to get a good workout upper and lower body. i met two other guys that came out, they were working on the old DH. we couldnt manage to find the new DH course mostly b/c we dont know where to look.....is it near the DS course?

daniel

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
I was there last Sat. solo again and plan on being out there this Sat. Sure could use some help. Dont get me wrong, I love to dig and my dog is better company than most :) but no one can complain about the course if they dont come help out. Plus time is ticking....

d_c

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
sb
i'll be there this saturday......can we do any work to the ds track? or is dh a priority?