Quantcast

;) (; Sun-day ;) (;

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Once again I find myself cruising in the right lane doing 5 below the speed limit, sipping on a coffee, and listening to good tunes on my way down to ride with my bro.

Life is good. Hope its just as good for y'all.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coffee and classical. Legs are toast from yesterday, but the rain forecast for today is no longer in the mix, maybe take the road bike out later?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
yesterdays non stop allergy fit seems to have abated. Sipping espresso in the camper. Getting ready to rustle up sausage and eggs before walking the 200 steps to work at the med station. It's going to be in the 90s again today so Uniform shirt and shorts it will be.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its thundering and absolutely dumping rain here.

Maybe a ride later? Maybe take this opportunity to put new tires on the bike, cook some homemade enchiladas and have some beer?

Idk.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Was an idiot yesterday and did a bit of sanding which turned into a lot of sanding in the garage without a dust mask or hooking up the vac. since it was “just a touch up” solid maple boogers this morning, derp.

Coffee, hopefully a ride before it gets too hot then grocery store, making pizza for dinner, and probably some garage beers along the way, good times.

Was an idiot yesterday and did a bit of sanding which turned into a lot of sanding in the garage without a dust mask or hooking up the vac. since it was “just a touch up” solid maple boogers this morning, derp.

Coffee, hopefully a ride before it gets too hot then grocery store, making pizza for dinner, and probably some garage beers along the way, good times.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Broke my fast at about 37 hours this morning. Working 2:30-10 or so today, which will count for a half day of weekday work plus one extra-pay shift. Debts to pay, yo

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Second week in a row where my stomach flipped on me at the top of the same, heart rate redlining climb. Almost barfed, again. Dunno if its the humidity or what, but Im not a fan.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Luckily this was Canadian lumber, far too polite to give anybody cancer.

Usually wear a p100 respirator, fine wood dust is no joke. About every 6-7 months I forget or get lazy, it’s a nice reminder of why respirators are good.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's raining a little, which might set in the tread somewhat on my new trail section... Tuesday we're supposed to get a bunch of rain.
We delayed our departure camping by a day to avoid the biblical deluge. Trying to get the kids off their devices and to clean the house.... I'd rather be canoeing in the rain!

On the other hand, my son continues to progress on the mountain bike. We went and rode our cross country loop yesterday which is actually quite technical. He had a hard time, but progressed throughout the course and actually enjoyed himself overall.

Damn,just noticed my rear tire is flat on my car. Brought it in to Canadian Tire. I also just found out my tires are on their fifth season. Which would explain why they're so loud now...time to start shopping for me tires.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Another day of uselessness. Just don’t understand why my phone isn’t ringing off the hook for wedding rings. It’s as if happy couples are not getting hitched for some reason. Very strange indeed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
We delayed our departure camping by a day to avoid the biblical deluge. Trying to get the kids off their devices and to clean the house.... I'd rather be canoeing in the rain!

On the other hand, my son continues to progress on the mountain bike. We went and rode our cross country loop yesterday which is actually quite technical. He had a hard time, but progressed throughout the course and actually enjoyed himself overall.

Damn,just noticed my rear tire is flat on my car. Brought it in to Canadian Tire. I also just found out my tires are on their fifth season. Which would explain why they're so loud now...time to start shopping for me tires.
Goddamit. When they pulled my wheel off they noticed the brakes were metal on metal. Now I'm getting new brakes for the car too. I suppose it's regular wear, it's just I'd rather be packing now.

At least there's a comfy patio furniture display for me to enjoy while i wait for the work to be done.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Goddamit. When they pulled my wheel off they noticed the brakes were metal on metal. Now I'm getting new brakes for the car too. I suppose it's regular wear, it's just I'd rather be packing now.

At least there's a comfy patio furniture display for me to enjoy while i wait for the work to be done.
Do you even drive your car?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Three bike shops visited. None have any 12 speed cassettes in stock. But they can order them; "two weeks". No thanks....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Three bike shops visited. None have any 12 speed cassettes in stock. But they can order them; "two weeks". No thanks....
I love it when they say that they can order it for me. It make me happy to tell them that I know how the internet works.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
This is becoming a trend here with restaurants and other businesses. No phone number, don’t bother calling if you find one, they won’t answer. Must use the website/app to order.
its a little infuriating.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
With how busy shops are right now, I'd give them a pass for not answering the phone. The only good shop around here has been asking customers to text/email so they can just sit down periodically and answer all the questions rather than another phone call looking for a $1200 entry level bike, which they don't have and won't for another few months, every 5 minutes.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Another day of uselessness. Just don’t understand why my phone isn’t ringing off the hook for wedding rings. It’s as if happy couples are not getting hitched for some reason. Very strange indeed.
I just had the guy who made our wedding rings craft a new pendant for the Mrs. 10 year anniversary dontcha know.

So what if my bike is getting old and creaky amirite???

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last of the drawer cuts and all the routing needed for the drawer slots on the workbench done. Going to try and get all my lead holes drilled and the drawer shell boxes built tonight. This week's goal is to build the drawers (8 total) and put the drawer shell boxes (main structure) into the front and rear bench frames.

I can't wait to get this built for building the next one. Doing this kind of work on the ground sucks. Big sheet cuts will still have to happen until I get a second bench built, but smaller cuts, routing, and building will be able to be done on the bench itself.

Also went to Costco with @Nick today. Hannah was very upset that he had to leave.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went for a hike today that passed through a ghost town that is now a heritage site. I am declaring it the most American place in America. What is the heritage? Well it is the headwater of the Sauk river, considered sacred by the Indians who lived on that river. But that has nothing to do with it. The American heritage part is in the gold claim owned by the Rockefellers. The richest man in the world who got richer off of it by not lifting finger. The artifacts are the rusting garbage left by the hydraulic mining pipes used to wash the forests off the side of the mountain. It is the beer and whiskey bottles left by the workers whose hard earned fortunes ended at the company store. It is the toxic stream full of arsenic and heavy metals from the mine tailings. Sadly the brothel ran by Trumps grandfather burnt to the ground at some point, but the you could feel the spirit of the gonorrhea still lingering.