Quantcast

Sunday gmt.....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Was all loaded up to head to Pisgah this morning, but couldn't sleep. Weather was cloudy and not looking so good anyway. So ate pancakes and rode Thuper Awethum for a couple hours.

Supposed to be sunny in Brevard tomorrow. Hmmm...
you ALWAYS go to le pisgah . . . or at least wilsons. why you drive by wilsons to go at least 1+ hours to pisgah on a regualr basis is beyond me. trust me - even if you feel like shit when you wake up, halfway there in the car you don't have a care in the world . . .

speaking of, planning a fuckit friday for wilsons and it's only sunday.

and @Toshi - fuck yeah, that's karma calling.

and @jonKranked - fuck yeah, downhill, and well shit, i'd be willing to wager most modern enderpo bikes are more capable than your xpresso (that's what you're on, right?). anyhoo, ride em if ya got em!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
you ALWAYS go to le pisgah . . . or at least wilsons. why you drive by wilsons to go at least 1+ hours to pisgah on a regualr basis is beyond me. trust me - even if you feel like shit when you wake up, halfway there in the car you don't have a care in the world . . .

I ride backcountry solo and am old enough and experienced enough to know better than to do it when too tired.

Also, I happen to like Pisgah Proper. Get over it !

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
a negative rep from toshi, a middle finger from angryartisan, and a grumpy, "i'm faster than them" line from krankypants? all in the span of 30 minutes?

I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. pissorf, fuckers!

:D

you guys are the best.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a negative rep from toshi, a middle finger from angryartisan, and a grumpy, "i'm faster than them" line from krankypants? all in the span of 30 minutes?

you guys are the best.
Mr drunken noodles must really have his e-panties in a bundle tonight, he gave me an electron too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

you guys are the best.

Can we get some debunchers shipped out to CO, NJ and NC?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

you guys are the best.
Mr drunken noodles must really have his e-panties in a bundle tonight, he gave me an electron too.
Negative reps for asshole behavior are deserved. I ride bikes. I hurt myself riding said bike, then you guys harp on something totally unrelated just to be dicks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Negative reps for asshole behavior are deserved. I ride bikes. I hurt myself riding said bike, then you guys harp on something totally unrelated just to be dicks.
your big mistake in all this wasn't buying an e-bike, but telling us (the ridemonkey collective poo-flinging monkeypack) that you bought an e-bike. did you not think we wouldn't heckle you relentlessly?

in all seriousness though, we weren't making fun of you for getting hurt. at least i wasn't. yes crashing happens, but if i came across as mocking you for crashing and getting hurt i apologize.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I get the heckling for the e-bike. I expected that and can take it. This was heckling for crashing a regular bike, thus my ire.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Toshi ... not directly related to your crash but do you think the difference is mass/weight is throwing you off when you ride your bike, after being on your ebike? I mean there is like a 20# difference pretty much at the BB shell.

Because, science. :nerd:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The extra 14 lbs or so actually isn't that perceptible, maybe because it's so central. What is perceptible is that the Shuttle is 20 mm longer reach (445 mm for a medium which equates to what Santa Cruz speced for the large 2016 5010 frame) and 1.2 degrees slacker at the head angle. Between the two I definitely prefer the longer and slacker bike, both up and down.