Quantcast

***Sundays GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Street fair this am, then flight home this evening. Not looking forward to my inbox tomorrow morning...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
1626613141965.png

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Bison.
Bison who?
Car go boom...

SUV collides with Yellowstone bison, night driving at issue
Pete Thomas
Fri, July 16, 2021, 8:57 AM·2 min read

A recent collision involving a bison and a large SUV in Yellowstone National Park should serve as a reminder to park visitors to drive extra carefully at night.
The top image, captured two weeks ago by Dianna Borgmier, shows extensive damage to a Nissan Armada hours after it struck a bison near Yellowstone Lake at about 10:30 p.m.

The bison, Borgmier explained, did not survive.
“This is why you don’t need to drive after dark,” she wrote on the Yellowstone Visitor Facebook page. “Bison hit, killed, I know of four bison in the last few days. Way to many! The road is theirs...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
View attachment 162344

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Bison.
Bison who?
Car go boom...

SUV collides with Yellowstone bison, night driving at issue
Pete Thomas
Fri, July 16, 2021, 8:57 AM·2 min read

A recent collision involving a bison and a large SUV in Yellowstone National Park should serve as a reminder to park visitors to drive extra carefully at night.
The top image, captured two weeks ago by Dianna Borgmier, shows extensive damage to a Nissan Armada hours after it struck a bison near Yellowstone Lake at about 10:30 p.m.

The bison, Borgmier explained, did not survive.
“This is why you don’t need to drive after dark,” she wrote on the Yellowstone Visitor Facebook page. “Bison hit, killed, I know of four bison in the last few days. Way to many! The road is theirs...
DSCF4354.JPG

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just discovered that renting cars through our corporate benefits program is awesome. We realized a bit late that we will need a rental car in Boise in 2 weeks and rates are relatively high, even through Expedia. Figured what the hell, I'll spend 10min to figure out my password and get logged into the benefits site to see what perks we get. Turns out we get corporate rates, which are 30% discount to market. So... Rented through corporate benefits and saved over $100 from Expedia. FTW! (Especially since we ended up getting a hotel last minute too.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just discovered that renting cars through our corporate benefits program is awesome. We realized a bit late that we will need a rental car in Boise in 2 weeks and rates are relatively high, even through Expedia. Figured what the hell, I'll spend 10min to figure out my password and get logged into the benefits site to see what perks we get. Turns out we get corporate rates, which are 30% discount to market. So... Rented through corporate benefits and saved over $100 from Expedia. FTW! (Especially since we ended up getting a hotel last minute too.)
I just reset my password for Benefit Hub... and with a 30% Avis discount the best deal in Seattle for July 31-Aug 15 is a Transit (non-Connect, the big one) for $2250 if paid now.

Yeah, nah

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here's a commentary on our society right now... The street where I'm at right now has a garbage truck on one end perpendicular and a fire truck on the other end. They're having the kids see them, but if you look at it strategically they perpendicularly block the entirety of the road. So a car can't drive down it.

Wifey was not particularly pleased when I pointed that out.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Slept 10 hours last night, ran 12 miles, took a two hour nap. My mind wants to ride this afternoon, but my legs and crotch need a break.

Mmm...bison burger....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Walked into the door at the brewery at the end of the street. First visit, great impression Chris.

Riding up a steep grass hill and back home with a bag full of beer on a road bike is hard work, I tell ya.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flight delayed an hour... FTS already.

This is a really sweet project my buddy has been working on for the last year:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Two friends are in Quebec riding awesome trails.
My wheel builder friend and his significant other is also in Quebec riding awesome trails.
Two other friends are in eastern BC riding awesome trails.

Fack. I'm jelly and it feels shitty. Wantttttt good gnarly trails and adventures so bad.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Two friends are in Quebec riding awesome trails.
My wheel builder friend and his significant other is also in Quebec riding awesome trails.
Two other friends are in eastern BC riding awesome trails.

Fack. I'm jelly and it feels shitty. Wantttttt good gnarly trails and adventures so bad.
I'm happy I can walk without pain right now.