Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Me and da wifee hit Peaks Trail up in Scummit County. Perfect temps, no rain, and hardly any people.

Really liking this Ribbon coil more and more - noticeably less arm fatigue despite miles of roots and rox. Stays nice and high in the travel and really stays on the dirt well.

I'm prolly gonna get myself in trouble when I actually have a trustworthy front tire on it. :busted:

What are you building, more shimz?
A data logger to decode and return an ill-defined state data stream from a battery monitor. Modules arrived yesterday afternoon, got the real time clock up and running in about five minutes, but the SD card or the module it's in are refusing to communicate, more likely the module. Don't think it's a wiring error, but will double check, then out comes the voltmeter, after which maybe I need to buy an oscilloscope, and down the merry rathole I go.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My colleague just returned from vacation in his homeland - France - and gave me a very excited report of a bike ride with friends, on an e-bike. He loves gadgets and now wants one for "riding in the forests here". Kinda told him he will not be loved much if he takes an ebike to our trails.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
My colleague just returned from vacation in his homeland - France - and gave me a very excited report of a bike ride with friends, on an e-bike. He loves gadgets and now wants one for "riding in the forests here". Kinda told him he will not be loved much if he takes an ebike to our trails.
email him this, accompanied by your avatar
IMG_9839[1].JPG

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tell him his mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He never rode a MTB here, he does not own a mountain bike, he was kinda surprised to hear about the trail access conflict we're dealing with and the risks that ebikes introduce, but still does not give a crap because he would "just ride in the hills once in a while, for fun".
ask him if his idea of fun is getting his ass kicked.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The only bike ride I managed to get in while in Les Gets was on an e-bike. It was the only rental bike my cousin had left when he was free. It was a nice ride around Mont Chéry. We climbed up a road going 20kph while chit chatting. Hit some single-track around the back of the mountain. The motor helps get up the punchy little steep climbs, but the weight of the bike can be felt while trying to be nimble in tight situations. Then we finished by riding down the WC track. That was a mistake. It was still greasy from a few days rain, the bike is not very maneuverable, and the e-motor really messes with pre-loading. Eventually I turned off the motor, and then it rode like a normal bike, just really heavy. These were Scott's fwiw. I guess I can see why people like them, but for me, it's a different sport to mountain biking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The only bike ride I managed to get in while in Les Gets was on an e-bike. It was the only rental bike my cousin had left when he was free. It was a nice ride around Mont Chéry. We climbed up a road going 20kph while chit chatting. Hit some single-track around the back of the mountain. The motor helps get up the punchy little steep climbs, but the weight of the bike can be felt while trying to be nimble in tight situations. Then we finished by riding down the WC track. That was a mistake. It was still greasy from a few days rain, the bike is not very maneuverable, and the e-motor really messes with pre-loading. Eventually I turned off the motor, and then it rode like a normal bike, just really heavy. These were Scott's fwiw. I guess I can see why people like them, but for me, it's a different sport to mountain biking.
dirtbike jr

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
NOW we know where your infected testicle came from!
fucking ebikes . . .