Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Of course on the last day of trailbuilding I had to squash a finger between two large rocks. Goodbye nail.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I am quite tired today. Not much on the docket save for working 5-10 for the cash money tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Walk in the woods walked, apple fritter bread w/ butter & coffee consumed.

Probably go for another walk in the woods with the dogs, otherwise our self-imposed social activity ban is in full effect.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Practice test and final test are all that's left for class 1 of 6 for the CFP. I have 2 weeks to finish them, so I'll try to do the practice today (4 hr window) and final next week.

Got the most current and likely final design for Haley's new loft bed from my friend. This will be my project over the winter with the goal to have it done by end of January. 2x4, 2x6 structure with 1/2" (possibly 3/4") shelves. He needs to check the load strength at each wood type before we finalize that decision. There will be two 1x6 sheets to create a paneling around the mattress, but he didn't put that on yet.

Mark's Design 2x4 v17 R Side.png
Mark's Design 2x4 Side.png
Mark's Design 2x4 v17.png

Need (want) to build an additional work bench that doubles as base and outfeed for the tablesaw, mitre saw station (with storage when not used, home for my dust collection system (aka vacuum), and if possible additional drawers. This likely will be another one that he will be helping me design in CAAD before I build it.These types of projects are a PITA to design and I can't find anything that does this well beyond a "this is what I did" Youtube video. Most also use the assumption of a pretty substantial tool shop already, so we're going to try and design it to build with a relatively simple tool base (mitre, table, router, drill, impact driver). My shop is pretty extensive at this point (collection over years and my new acquisitions this year), but we might just give it a go. We've been talking about him taking these and posting them for sale on Etsy or whatever for a few bucks once finished and built. We shall see...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Practice test and final test are all that's left for class 1 of 6 for the CFP. I have 2 weeks to finish them, so I'll try to do the practice today (4 hr window) and final next week.

Got the most current and likely final design for Haley's new loft bed from my friend. This will be my project over the winter with the goal to have it done by end of January. 2x4, 2x6 structure with 1/2" (possibly 3/4") shelves. He needs to check the load strength at each wood type before we finalize that decision. There will be two 1x6 sheets to create a paneling around the mattress, but he didn't put that on yet.

View attachment 152700View attachment 152701View attachment 152702

Need (want) to build an additional work bench that doubles as base and outfeed for the tablesaw, mitre saw station (with storage when not used, home for my dust collection system (aka vacuum), and if possible additional drawers. This likely will be another one that he will be helping me design in CAAD before I build it.These types of projects are a PITA to design and I can't find anything that does this well beyond a "this is what I did" Youtube video. Most also use the assumption of a pretty substantial tool shop already, so we're going to try and design it to build with a relatively simple tool base (mitre, table, router, drill, impact driver). My shop is pretty extensive at this point (collection over years and my new acquisitions this year), but we might just give it a go. We've been talking about him taking these and posting them for sale on Etsy or whatever for a few bucks once finished and built. We shall see...
will there be room for growth....as in....is it tall enough for her to stand up underneath there now or will she be smacking her head on the underside in six months....

or she is already aware she will not be able to stand up underneath there now...

i seem to remember you saying she is rather tall already...

or am i confusing your oldest with youngest...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. <3 I ran 17.6 miles on the high school track this morning, which was the last of my four stage virtual 50 mile race. I've averaged a 7:18 pace for the 50 miles, which looks like it'll be good enough for a second place finish. I should be able to run those miles 10-15 sec/mile faster if not for nagging shin and calf injuries the past couple of months. I am healthy now though and am happy about that.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
will there be room for growth....as in....is it tall enough for her to stand up underneath there now or will she be smacking her head on the underside in six months....

or she is already aware she will not be able to stand up underneath there now...

i seem to remember you saying she is rather tall already...

or am i confusing your oldest with youngest...
He was able to build in about 5" of space buy lowering the bed mounting as low as possible while raising the bed frame as high as possible. She'll be left with 30" from the ceiling, with is the recommended minimum amount. There's specifically no desk because of the height issue - it will be more of a private crawl space. If I can find something to hand a curtain from that will fit into a t-track, I will likely mount a t-track rail into the underside of the outside 2x6 so she can slide a curtain when she wants to. If not, a traditional curtain rod mounted under the bed, hidden from view.

Because Hannah is ready to transition into a larger bed (just a tad early, but we're going with it), we'll give Haley's current bed to her. Then once she's ~9, she will get this one, as Haley will be 14 and probably ready for a full-sized bed. That will more likely be a raised bed with storage underneath so she doesn't ruin herself on the fan in her room. And in theory, I should be better at building drawers by then...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He was able to build in about 5" of space buy lowering the bed mounting as low as possible while raising the bed frame as high as possible. She'll be left with 30" from the ceiling, with is the recommended minimum amount. There's specifically no desk because of the height issue - it will be more of a private crawl space. If I can find something to hand a curtain from that will fit into a t-track, I will likely mount a t-track rail into the underside of the outside 2x6 so she can slide a curtain when she wants to. If not, a traditional curtain rod mounted under the bed, hidden from view.

Because Hannah is ready to transition into a larger bed (just a tad early, but we're going with it), we'll give Haley's current bed to her. Then once she's ~9, she will get this one, as Haley will be 14 and probably ready for a full-sized bed. That will more likely be a raised bed with storage underneath so she doesn't ruin herself on the fan in her room. And in theory, I should be better at building drawers by then...
Both my kids are already in full size beds, and have been for some time. Da fuq are you doing

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm sure Stoney has a spreadsheet of how much it will cost him over the years as he incrementally upgrades his kids bed sizes. I said fuck that noise and put them in normal size beds right off.
No. Looking at the space that they have and making the best usage of it over time. If they lose 1/2 their room space to a bed, then once you factor toy storage and drawers, it leaves a lot less space. This will likely be a bit more expensive, but by building it all myself and since we're handing it down, I'm able to keep my net costs down.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No. Looking at the space that they have and making the best usage of it over time. If they lose 1/2 their room space to a bed, then once you factor toy storage and drawers, it leaves a lot less space. This will likely be a bit more expensive, but by building it all myself and since we're handing it down, I'm able to keep my net costs down.
Easy solution, keep the toys out of the bedrooms.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Fts way too high for a sunday. Homeless people fighting in the alley at 1 am was aggravating. Homeless camp at the end of the block is up to 3 rvs and 2 bicycle towed campers. #vanlife

I know everyone has to live somewhere, but when I have to pick up trash daily, which yesyerday included needles, in front of my house, i begrudgingly become a lot more NIMBY.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Drove to the underground heated garage at my office to put the winters on my car, change the windshield wipers, and apply RainX to the windshield, rear window, mirrors, head and tail lights. Wife is now ready for the 2 hour drive to Montreal through the snow storm they're calling for. That first snow storm is always a shitshow.

Canada Post dropped off my Tannus tubeless insert while I was out. Just in time for the snow. :(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Canada Post dropped off my Tannus tubeless insert while I was out. Just in time for the snow. :(
Have you used these before or is this the first one? Very curious how they are...I saw them on Amazon and was tempted to try them for the price.

Then I remembered how much I fucking hate dealing with tubeless and wound up going with a tried and true set to hopefully minimize the amount of dealing with them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went and toured a house that was all "Live, Laugh, and Love". Every. Fucking. Room. So many signs. It was both comical and concerning.

Nope, they just wear their poop bags around.
Went and toured a house that was all "Live, Laugh, and Love". Every. Fucking. Room. So many signs. It was both comical and concerning.

Nope, they just wear their poop bags around.
IMAG0633~2.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
On the upside I do not have to walk my kids with poop-bags at hand

:D
I've never had kids bark in the middle of the night at wildlife, either. :D
The psychopath that owns that.place *actually* would like to put up "Murder, Dismember, Bury" signs, but that would be a hassle to take down to show the house...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I rode bikes, 8 miles, 1600ft of verticals.

My best time on the 1.23mile DH, dropping 651ft is 8m30s. KOM is 3m45s.

I don't think I'll be challenging for that any time soon.