Quantcast

^*Sunderp*^

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i was summoned to the parents house for dinner....which was actually second breakfast...a shit ton of french toast was consumed....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Is that the place with a motocross track across the street?
hmmm....dunno anywhere here that has a mx track nearby. this is the og localflow, leafblown, xc hammerhead trail called sherman branch (aka serta ranch or charmin brunch). there was an awesome trail here called poplar tent that was started by a guy for his kid to practice mx on but the family sold the land to the quarry next door about 6-8 years ago and it closed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hmmm....dunno anywhere here that has a mx track nearby. this is the og localflow, leafblown, xc hammerhead trail called sherman branch (aka serta ranch or charmin brunch). there was an awesome trail here called poplar tent that was started by a guy for his kid to practice mx on but the family sold the land to the quarry next door about 6-8 years ago and it closed.
Many moons ago I went to Charlotte and road with a friend who took me to a bunch of local spots. There was one place that had some tight rooty trails, the kind that is built with little more than a leaf blower. There was a MX track adjacent to the trails.

From what I remember Lake Norman was the buffed flow stuff that I would ride on my road bike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Many moons ago I went to Charlotte and road with a friend who took me to a bunch of local spots. There was one place that had some tight rooty trails, the kind that is built with little more than a leaf blower. There was a MX track adjacent to the trails.

From what I remember Lake Norman was the buffed flow stuff that I would ride on my road bike.
yeah you probably rode poplar tent. place was great. did it have a little "pay some $ to help out" shack before you dropped in? and a funny little skills area by the parking lot?

lake norman trails are still as you describe; just farther from me. like, i could (and always will) drive 30 more minutes and be in great mountains....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah you probably rode poplar tent. place was great. did it have a little "pay some $ to help out" shack before you dropped in? and a funny little skills area by the parking lot?

lake norman trails are still as you describe; just farther from me. like, i could (and always will) drive 30 more minutes and be in great mountains....
Poplar Tent sounds like the place.