Quantcast

++ Sunny Day gmt ++

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Success. Could have skated on some of the ice in there, we had to ass slide down some of the rock cracks. :rofl:

Some rocks for @jdcamb . Pretty cool frost on the left side.

Here's me going up a sketchy steep and ice covered part of the trail. God damn ice spike on my left boot fell off half way...:rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just checked the condition of my Minions, plenty of knob, but has gotten hard with age. Haven’t bought new rubber in years due The cost of thru hiker training and prep. 26” tires are still available though. Add it to the never ending list of first world problems.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Success. Could have skated on some of the ice in there, we had to ass slide down some of the rock cracks. :rofl:

Some rocks for @jdcamb . Pretty cool frost on the left side.

Here's me going up a sketchy steep and ice covered part of the trail. God damn ice spike on my left boot fell off half way...:rofl:
Get yourself a pair of Hillsound boot crampons. Best purchase ever.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Girls are back from TN.

Karting with Haley and just witnessed a nasty kart onto another kart crash 6' in front of me. So, over the railing to get the kart off, since I was the closest person by probably 50'. Scared that whole group properly. They were both okay though, thankfully.

Helping MIL1 with taxes and some post condo sale finance stuff once we're done here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Get yourself a pair of Hillsound boot crampons. Best purchase ever.
Those look pretty aggressive. Are they wobbly or anything on straight up ice?

Sandpaper for boot bottoms would probably work wonders for this glare ice stuff..

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Just realized YouTube boxing thumbnails are spliced. Kept seeing 'Butterbean' Eric Esch and Mike Tyson appearing to be in the same ring. All fake, I guess.

Mike Tyson just developed a Weed Edible that's the shape of Evander Holyfield's Ear. It's approved but, not sure about Holyfield giving the 'Thumbs Up'.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
LEATT brace ftw. Two full speed races with no issues regarding movement, but still enough range limitation to prevent big movement. Tried it with my MTB full-face too, but the doesn't work. Old Giro full-face will need to get replaced in process to work with new LEATT.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Those look pretty aggressive. Are they wobbly or anything on straight up ice?

Sandpaper for boot bottoms would probably work wonders for this glare ice stuff..
They have all level of spike size. I've got of pair of Ultra for walking. Girlfriend got both a pair of Ultra and Freestep6 for trailrunning. They really dig in on ice a can barely feel them. They are also tight on the boot so no wobbling and no worry about loosing them.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode, Fucktory 36+Secus feels dialed nao, was good. Getting used to new blue waffle e-shifter, too. Mi rubbers are also become hard as tittays so I shall swap them for fresh meat as soon as it gets consistently warmer.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
well to be fair it doesn't look like there's a ton of cabinet space...

@Nick - now imagine being our age and teaching yourself to snowboard for three days on east coast ice. now you know why your post gave me painful flashbacks to december...

chillin on the porch with a coffee porter listening to raccoons and barred owls.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just came home from an amazing talk from a Holocost survivor named Adele Nadal. Her story was gripping, emotional, scary, and hopeful…but all tinged with the sadness that something similar is happening in Ukraine right now.
Super powerful.
Glad kiddo got to see one of the few left, and hear her story.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just came home from an amazing talk from a Holocost survivor named Adele Nadal. Her story was gripping, emotional, scary, and hopeful…but all tinged with the sadness that something similar is happening in Ukraine right now.
Super powerful.
Glad kiddo got to see one of the few left, and hear her story.
Night by Elie Wiesel was required reading in high school.