Quantcast

Super Corn

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
good luck, chief.
I actually made my own Slalom hardtail frame as my senior project in my High school Welding class. Made the jigs and the frame myself. I'm sure it wasn't near the quality of the Superco frames nor did it have the nice Geo that the Superco frames do. I'm just saying that 750 for a dedicated SS hardtail street/DJ frame is a bit pricey. I lusted over one of these when I first saw the pics of the frames on Littermag, but after seeing the price tag I think I'll be getting a Transition TOP and spending the money I save on booze and hookers.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I lusted over one of these when I first saw the pics of the frames on Littermag, but after seeing the price tag I think I'll be getting a Transition TOP and spending the money I save on booze and hookers.
I'm in the same boat as you Matt. I've been drooling over these frames, but at 700+ a pop, I could have a different frame with a wayyy sicker build for my budget. Plus, not everyone can afford booze AND hookers, some of us have to make a choice.

If you can afford one of the superco frames, more power to you. I think its an absolutely beautiful bike, and I'd love to have one. The fact of the matter is, I'm a poor teenager living with my parents.

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Looks killer. I think they would be better off offering a high end one around that price point with the nicer tube set and a slightly cheaper one with a heavier tube set. That is basically what Dobermann does. Each frame gets nicer tubing and more machining done. Custom touches can be added to any frame, or they can do a full custom. It offers something in almost everyone's price range. I think Superco could benefit from the same. Either way, look sick. (Not sick enough for my to dump my Dobermann though. Haha)

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
If you want a Ferrari,you have to pay the price for a Ferrari.
Imagine if frames like the Superco were not there to be bought. how much would you have to pay to get one made with the same quality, experience, design and expertise. The people at Superco are obviously doing it for love,not to get rich, the prices are obviously as low as they can get them. Can this debate die now. Can a new thread be started with out this crap in it,and just have pics of awesome Superco bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and spending the money I save on booze and hookers.
in the long run this will bite you in the ass. Hookers will more than likely give you STD's. The superco, however, will not. :D

and to the poor teenager living with his parents: if you're poor right now, that's your own fault. When I was living with my parents I had WAAAAAAAAYYYY more money than I do now. I had hardly any bills to pay so all my money from my paychecks went into whatever I wanted. That's how I was rolling on a $2K+ whip before I was even a senior. Once you're on your own, the vast majority of your money goes into paying bills (at least right out of college). Right now I'm just happy I can afford to keep my bikes rolling.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I hear ya' about the trees. Can't argue there. (..But I think you should consider the purchase...even if it's just this once. You can line the cat box with it after you read it, then use it as mulch and grow a tree from it....)

Makes me very happy Racer x now offers their issues electronically.

Paint flavors:
Fire Red tastes like chili pepper
Charger Blue - Dale Earnardts armpit
Snow White - apple
Gloss Black - motor oil

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
shhh, i don't want my spammage to be so blatant. but if you click the linkenstchtien below my glamour shot it'll bring you a little closer to the information of which you speak.

thanks for hairprops. it's so much easier with the fullface helmatto.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Here.
Yes.
No.

Haha. Folks should write or call us at the contact info on our site to order and get payment options.

You, however will get an email in about 3.76 seconds with the info.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
but print media kills trees!

does the paint have hallucinogenic qualities (like the tree frog)?

xy, I think this means DIRTs avail online: http://www.magazinesondemand.co.uk/Publications/FicheProduit.aspx?publication_id=536&Origin=B94D31DC73C2D234

Get issue 77. Read it. Look at the pictures. Scratch and sniff your screen. Be thankful there is only one photo of me in there because I was SuperGrouch the day they came to take pictures. (lame, i know...but it happens to the best of us sometimes.)

edit: I just bought it. Took a few mintues. Easy, painless and treeless. Yay DIRT Magazine!

Last edited:

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Gorgeous frames!

Will be my ToP replacement when Im riding again!

I been staring at that frame for ages since terry sent me the link to the site, and props for my many stickers terry, still finding places to put em!

Good luck with the first run, Im sure you and Doc will be kept very busy and deserve all the success!

keep up the great work and don't forget to ride sometimes that takes care of those cranky days:monkeydance:

mikeG

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Menlo Park, CA
They look like they are worth every penny. I love to see smaller companies that offer a great product like Superco, Tonic, Nemesis Project & Simple. I personally ride a Nem Pro Secret Agent and it was in the same price range and it has been my favorite bike I have ridden and worth the price. The attention to detail and ride quality is amazing and I bet you would find the same with the Superco. I have to say I have been kicking around the idea of adding a 24 to my collection and the Superco Satellite looks like a great option. Clean lines and I haven't heard a bad thing about them.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Thanks Ray, MikeG, et al. I'll be sure to pass along your accolades to Chris since he's solely responsible for the frames. ...I just slide food under the shop door to make sure he's properly nurished...

TA..those are get-well stickers so I trust you're getting well!

DHSausage you have a new nickname, DHC.

Konastab01, he talks about the ride here: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205911&highlight=superco

Last edited:

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Thanks Ray, MikeG, et al. I'll be sure to pass along your accolades to Chris since he's solely responsible for the frames. ...I just slide food under the shop door to make sure he's properly nurished...

TA..those are get-well stickers so I trust you're getting well!
Theyve done a good job so far :monkeydance:

Thanx T, good to see the kool aid flowing :cheers:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
LOL!!

Top notch bikes for sure!
How´s the testriding of our new fully goin? :cheers:

Happy be-lated birthday Sverre!

Proto's aren't completed yet but I'm digging the new-to-me front triangle he put on my old RL to tide me over until new bikes are done.

As mentioned in another thread I have the "same geo as Doc's WCRL but not all the same light tubing. It was a spare he made back when he put the WC together since he was ever-so- slightly uncertain how well the lighter tubing would hold up to the abuse. He never needed it. "

So my front tri is about the same weight as my old one but it's got sweet geo that's much less out-dated than the orig RL.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I think the post office is hording it. If it doesn't arrive today, I bet it'll be there Monday. If it's not there til Wednesday or later, I recommend checking for stains before wearing it. ewwww!
Should have checked my mail box before opening my trap.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
have you ditched the old rl, sverre? i see you're on a dhr now.
Nope, still got it, but it´s put on hold for now. Just wanted to try out a modern geo bike this year. The trusty old RL still rocks, but wow small geo diffrenses make a huge diffrence for sure. The DHR is an awsome bike. In whistler atm havin´a blast. Life is good :)

T: cool about the new front triangle. Chris´bike look´d killer with it, so I guess yours are too. Say hi. Cheers

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
sweet, man. i'm 1.5hrs away & i've only been up once this year so far. sadness. definitely some rocking weather right now. trails are buff. how long you up?
I´m here untill wednesday nigth.
1.5hrs away.. You should bee up here more often for sure. Hop in yer car and come join us. Garbanzo trails are sooooo friggin´awesome rigth now!!! :)
Shoot me a PM if your able to come up within´our depart wed, and I´ll give you me cell number. Cheers