Quantcast

Supply Chains

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Note 1: Though named "importyeti", it has nothing to do with Yeti Bikes or anything bike industry related.

Note 2: Interesting enough, if you search for Yeti Bikes, the result after it is a company called "Yeti Dentalprodukte". :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Note 1: Though named "importyeti", it has nothing to do with Yeti Bikes or anything bike industry related.

Note 2: Interesting enough, if you search for Yeti Bikes, the result after it is a company called "Yeti Dentalprodukte". :rofl:
Did you search for Turq?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Now all the shipping traffic has been redirected, will SomalianPirateCycles.com be the new go to for stock?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Now all the shipping traffic has been redirected, will SomalianPirateCycles.com be the new go to for stock?
There are a bike shop and a bicycle club both called Pirate in Hamburg.
They had a legendary race team with black kit and the skull and bones on it.
I guess the Somalian pirates will get mail from the Pirate bike shop lawyer if they decide to sell bikes/-parts. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I keep forgetting that Maxxis is actually the Cheng Shin Rubber company. Most shit is made in China these days, but I can't think of too many brands that are directly owned by a Chinese company.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I keep forgetting that Maxxis is actually the Cheng Shin Rubber company. Most shit is made in China these days, but I can't think of too many brands that are directly owned by a Chinese company.
Careful here. Cheng Shin is from Taiwan.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Interesting site. It looks like Evil, Devinci, Pivot, and Alchemy are all made in the same factory in Myanmar? I think I am reading that right. Might be some additional delays there.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Interesting site. It looks like Evil, Devinci, Pivot, and Alchemy are all made in the same factory in Myanmar? I think I am reading that right. Might be some additional delays there.
Googling those guys didn't bring much forward. However, I found a different site doing the same stuff importyeti does, but at a global scale:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i thought cycles devinci made all their frames in Quebec. Guess not... Myanmar too.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Can we tell if the frames are being “made” ie laid up in Myanmar or could they be just painted and decaled or assembled there?

Side question: all the Taiwanese frames I’ve ever purchased have had a Made In Taiwan sticker on them, due to US regs.

I’ve seen Made In China on other bikes. Are you guys seeing Made In Vietnam, Myanmar etc too?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Can we tell if the frames are being “made” ie laid up in Myanmar or could they be just painted and decaled or assembled there?

Side question: all the Taiwanese frames I’ve ever purchased have had a Made In Taiwan sticker on them, due to US regs.

I’ve seen Made In China on other bikes. Are you guys seeing Made In Vietnam, Myanmar etc too?
Good question. I saw this company featured in a couple of bike brands' records:

I searched for them, and they seem to be in the bike integration business (i.e. putting them together from the different pieces). I can't find what "Very Impressive Prospective" does, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the same line of business.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester

Not sure about the "Made In" stickers, but this job posting ad sure makes it sound like they do the layup there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not sure about the "Made In" stickers, but this job posting ad sure makes it sound like they do the layup there.
That place is also listed on many bike companies pages as simply "V I P" as well - assuming its the same thing.

Maybe @marshalolson can provide insight here?

Some of these companies obviously do a lot of business, but actually finding what/who/where they are is often not easily researched. Is that because of language translation reasons? These companies trying to protect who their customers are (or the other way around)?

Also some of the names of these manufacturing places in Asia have some entertaining names.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have some experience in automated layup for aerospace structures. That would be difficult the way a traditional bike is done as the molds are probably too curved for the tape head to work. But if the bike is designed for it you should be able to automate a flat charge then press it into a mold with a robot. I assume this is what GG does.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have some experience in automated layup for aerospace structures. That would be difficult the way a traditional bike is done as the molds are probably too curved for the tape head to work. But if the bike is designed for it you should be able to automate a flat charge then press it into a mold with a robot. I assume this is what GG does.
shhhhhh they're gonna come after you for some demolition

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So the wife works with an ex-military guy....Conspiracy Theory - Someone hacked into the ship's nav and drove them into the bank. Has happened before, apparently with a different vessel. Def need a meme

A ship that big and wind taking it into the bank? I guess I'd buy that logic too...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So the wife works with an ex-military guy....Conspiracy Theory - Someone hacked into the ship's nav and drove them into the bank. Has happened before, apparently with a different vessel. Def need a meme

A ship that big and wind taking it into the bank? I guess I'd buy that logic too...
Sounds plausible. Maritime navigation systems are among the least secure in the transport world.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

F*cking Antifa.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
That place is also listed on many bike companies pages as simply "V I P" as well - assuming its the same thing.

Maybe @marshalolson can provide insight here?

Some of these companies obviously do a lot of business, but actually finding what/who/where they are is often not easily researched. Is that because of language translation reasons? These companies trying to protect who their customers are (or the other way around)?

Also some of the names of these manufacturing places in Asia have some entertaining names.
Yo man! Sorry to say I don't know which companies might produce there, but it sure looks like a number of them.