Quantcast

&T&h&u&r&s&d&a&y&

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Thursday! I have exactly one more Thursday of work left here, Jan 3. Woot woot.
I can't find our waffle maker and dammit, we may have sold it at the garage sale. That would suck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Woke up at midnight by my alarm, fired up the reservation web page, and saw there were sites available. Picked one. Started filling out the form, and by the time I hit submit someone else had already completed the reservation because I got a message that "the site I picked was no longer available." Went back and looked if any other sites were open: everything was filled.

:rant:
type faster.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Major work here since the 1960's banking mainframes didn't anticipate home values for HELOC loans to exceed $9,999,999.99 :panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woke up at midnight by my alarm, fired up the reservation web page, and saw there were sites available. Picked one. Started filling out the form, and by the time I hit submit someone else had already completed the reservation because I got a message that "the site I picked was no longer available." Went back and looked if any other sites were open: everything was filled.

I was trying in January to get the Squaw Fire Lookout for July, I eventually managed a Sunday night in October...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The lack of Santa hats this year makes it feel like we are being occupied by the enemy in the war on christmas.
Much more better... and now I have a new avatar for 2019 as well.

I was trying in January to get the Squaw Fire Lookout for July, I eventually managed a Sunday night in October...
Yeah I'm super conflicted on what to do here... really wanted this to be the "birthday ride" but it ain't happening. Clearly.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

you would think if you have it picked.....no one else should be able to pick it while you are doing the paperwork....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bossman just scheduled a meeting from 3:30-4:30pm. On a Friday. The Friday before Christmas. Can I politely hit decline?

I guess I should pickup a gift or two for my parents. Ugh.......

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
frontier must have a racket with denver hotels....it seems flying anywhere west of denver requires a 24 hour layover in denver either coming or going or both....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Great minds drink alike.

:wave:

Floors are in. Now I can start painting! :twitch:

These past few weeks/months have been brutal for me. FTS.
I think a lot of people are going to realize something important during this:

Their risk tolerance is actually quite a bit lower than they thought

type faster.
I'm disappointed that he didn't write a bot in Python to do this all for him in the middle of the night. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I think a lot of people are going to realize something important during this:

Their risk tolerance is actually quite a bit lower than they thought
There will be no self-reflection from investors, just unfounded optimism when markets rise again and unfounded despair when they dip.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
is nao a good time to buy things?
14% drop from peak in Sept. We're past correction and sliding towards bear market. I'm generally not a fan of market timing, but opportunity is opportunity. *NASDAQ just hit bear since I wrote this an hour ago*

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I didn't try to time the market. This is just when I've come across some cash flow, this latter unexpectedly. (I think my work might have reimbursed me for something by accident, because I don't remember submitting such an expense. Go figure.)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We're almost back to Nov 16 prices. Take bites as prices fall. You're never going to catch the bottom, so take it as it goes. The mkt has always recovered, so... yeah.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
you would think if you have it picked.....no one else should be able to pick it while you are doing the paperwork....
Agreed, but there is a message on one of the screens that says something to the effect of "your reservation isn't reserved until you get to the confirmation screen" or some such nonsense. IMNSHO it should be more like a shopping cart... and it clears after X time if you abandon it or whatever. Super bummed, actually.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
being risk tolerant doesn't mean you ever enjoy watching many $$ of gains disappear.
So this is the Trumpet's Trickle Down economics as I see my retirement savings trickling down....and down.... :(

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
being risk tolerant doesn't mean you ever enjoy watching many $$ of gains disappear.
They are the same thing. You have to be willing to watch near term losses when taking the risk for long-term gains.