Quantcast

\/~/\Take a Shower Friday\/~/\

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full swing. Got Chinese Buffet dinner tonight, Top Golf shenanigans tomorrow, and no idea what else the weekend holds. Talked about taking the motor out, but the wife seems iffy since I replaced the carb. It runs like a champ now
You should go to Fuji to Hood on Saturday. Japan-Oregon collaborations in Beer, sake, tons of food and shenanigans will get you primed for Top Golf…

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I think it is bald-faced hornets
:fie::fie::fie: :panic:

Heh. I kinda got crowdstriked last night. Trying to book next weeks travel, but the online booking system was janky. Called the service line and got a recording that said “we’re fucked at the moment. Best of luck. Click.”
Sounds about right...

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Good timing on bowing out of the circus. :thumb:

He has a wife, you know...

Did ya hear about the telepathic midget
Dude... "midget" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Little person," please.

1721404726798.png

The airlines payroll system is down. On payday. :rofl: :twitch:
Oooh. Burned right at the end!

Did you get CrowdStriked?

:busted:

I think we've crested the wave here, so I shall go have a revolution.
I think the wave has also crested here... besides the pretty much EVERYBODY in the company that can't get into their laptops. :panic:

ETA: And now:

1721404848438.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have not showered yet

bank account is still bank accounting

no sure I will be attending a concert with older brother and nephews seeing as how it is raining.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Morning,

I was hoping my computer wasn't working, no such luck.

View attachment 215247
Ahh how well did I choose to take my birthday PTO today!!!

First Azure authentication goes down in EU and US, rendering every single one of our users unable to log in to their cloud environments, then Crowdstrike takes down about 400 servers, which had to be manually rebooted and remediated.

I'm still sending memes to my former co-workers from IBM, where even toasters and coffee machines have that Falcon shit installed.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
But also not made for biting people... :think:
Bald face hornets is a misnomer. They aren’t actual hornets. They’reapparently just mis-painted yellow jackets.

The state of Oregon officiall something or other ag related website says:

1. They pollinate some things
2. They kill some pests
3. They bite (can confirm)
4. They sting (not sure. I don’t think I have been stung yet, bc no swelling. Just bleeding!)
5. They will generally fuck you up if you get in their territory… (agreed)
6. They are less agressive than yellow jackets (bullshit)

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Bald face hornets is a misnomer. They aren’t actual hornets. They’reapparently just mis-painted yellow jackets.

The state of Oregon officially website says:

2. They kill some pests
4. They sting (not sure. I don’t think I have been stung yet, bc no swelling. Just bleeding!)
Perhaps those west coast baldfaced hornets are different than the ones we had in Michigan growing up. Those motherfuckers would sting you just for fun.

I've never actually heard of hornets that actually bite people - learn something new every day, I tell ya. :D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

2. They kill some pests
Bro, you don't even know if they sting. If they were like yellow jackets, you would know.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
When is that trip?

Thats a long loop out of Calgary and with so much good riding in between. But all the bike parks close at the very beginning of September...

Are they going to shuttle Moose Mountain?
The week of September 14th. One of us is a local, and his brother (or maybe it's his sister?) lives in Nelson. He's got vehicles and toy haulers, which will make logistics easier. He might even have a shuttle vehicle (not sure how many bikes a Rivian can haul...). I've got flights lined up, I have 8 minutes left to pull the trigger... under $200 for the round trip. crazy.

edited: enough with the waffling. I booked the (non-refundable) flight. I paid less for it than for new cranks. I haven't done a bike trip in 6 years, so ready or not, here I come.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

2. They kill some pests
Wifey watched a yellow jacket cruise up to a bug yesterday, stab it a bunch, then carry it off.

That's a yellow jacket for you. They choose violence every time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At the track for practice. Double-header race this weekend, so only today for practice. She's already 1sec faster than the race last month and on her second practice. The fitness coach made a point about eating snacks and drinking, which she's been okay about so far. I'm still reminding her, but she's doing okay.

I think we're going to do the fitness coach though. She will really benefit and kind of needs it. I definitely do. So why not, what's a couple hundred dollars a month more?

Edit: in the 45min since I initially wrote this, her brake was acting funny. Turns out the master cylinder is starting to crack. So... Now it's time to find a new master cylinder. Fuck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
At the track for practice. Double-header race this weekend, so only today for practice. She's already 1sec faster than the race last month and on her second practice. The fitness coach made a point about eating snacks and drinking, which she's been okay about so far. I'm still reminding her, but she's doing okay.

I think we're going to do the fitness coach though. She will really benefit and kind of needs it. I definitely do. So why not, what's a couple hundred dollars a month more?
1721415149084.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just sounds like it is a better hunter than you are
Undoubtedly.

I'm a bad hunter because I enjoy going for a wander, taking a nap, or getting lost in a daydream more than the actual hunting part. The hunting thing is just a great excuse to go fuck off in the woods, if I come home with meat that's a side benefit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Undoubtedly.

I'm a bad hunter because I enjoy going for a wander, taking a nap, or getting lost in a daydream more than the actual hunting part. The hunting thing is just a great excuse to go fuck off in the woods, if I come home with meat that's a side benefit.
Someone should invent a sport where you can do that on a say a lightweight two wheeled vehicle