Quantcast

talent?

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i was looking for some but can't seem to find it....can anyone help me out? I am willing to spend about $150 on it. i ride three times a week (laughing in a sick bragging right kind of way) and to work (snicker) but still suck...i think it's the bike :think: but seriously why can't i be talented at riding...stupid naturall selection. :eviltongu
kai-

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i used to be the most talented tree dancer in the Northwest, but my promising career was abrubtly postponed. But when i get better maybe i'll show you a thing or two on crashing.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
You could always go the Bender route and just start hucking yourself off stuff that the bikes aren't made for yet... ;)

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
SW has the same bike. It ain't the bike. The night rides start again in a couple of weeks. Bring the green Evil and poke fun of the Beav and I'll try to muzzle SW.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Lumberjack said:
SW has the same bike. It ain't the bike. The night rides start again in a couple of weeks. Bring the green Evil and poke fun of the Beav and I'll try to muzzle SW.

Where do you guys ride at night? I hate when it starts getting dark early, but at least that's what they make lights for ;)

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Matt you and Ryan are invited to ride any time but please don't stand too close to each other cause you guys get some wierd JuJu going and I don't want to piss off the riding gods. :)

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
HippieKai said:
i was looking for some but can't seem to find it....can anyone help me out? I am willing to spend about $150 on it. i ride three times a week (laughing in a sick bragging right kind of way) and to work (snicker) but still suck...i think it's the bike :think: but seriously why can't i be talented at riding...stupid naturall selection. :eviltongu
kai-
Just take some notes from me, Illinois has taught me alot on how to ride. :think:

Maybe even move there... far far away from me and you'll get some mad skills from riding where it's flat! ;)

Oh and Matt when are you finally getting up to Bham? School is starting soon for you right? I need lots of people to ride with, cause I'm running outa mtbr's that can ride when I can... no one ever has time during the week :help:

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Lumberjack said:
oh heck yeah i'll be doing some urban bike love with you dudes for sure!

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
slcpunk21 said:
Oh and Matt when are you finally getting up to Bham? School is starting soon for you right? I need lots of people to ride with, cause I'm running outa mtbr's that can ride when I can... no one ever has time during the week :help:

coming up the 15th after the big 21... classes start 22nd

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
If you really want some riding lessons I'd be happy to help you out. I'm no big time pro, but I do alright (except skinnies, I suck at skinnies).
I did a map quest search but still couldn't find Hippieville, maybe I misspelled it. hmmm. I'm in Portland, I thought this place was hippy ville. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
black sunshine said:
Try Bmx.

Skinny Small Wheels.
No Shocks.
Hard Dirt.
Riding W/8 Guys As Fast As You Can.

Skills Get Better Quick Just Ask Five.
do you even ride big bikes anymore? if you do lemme know by the time i get healed up we gotta do some more S. Seatac night rides. :thumb:

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
HippieKai said:
kai-

I'm not using my talent anymore... you can have mine Kai... free of charge. :)

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
black sunshine said:
Try Bmx.

Skinny Small Wheels.
No Shocks.
Hard Dirt.
Riding W/8 Guys As Fast As You Can.

Skills Get Better Quick Just Ask Five.
i started on a bmx...and still have one.
Just have to get out and ride it more.
and a lot of my trail riding is on a SS hardtail.
i think it's just natural selection that has my talent cramped...that and a lack of big brass balls. :monkey:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Hey Kai.
Since Bibs clinic isn't going to happen, maybe we could just get some people who want to add to there riding skills together and do a clinic that way. We will just do it for fun, and it won't cost a dime! I would be more than happy to give you some pointers. But my advice to you is, ride with people who are far better than you and pretty soon before you know it , your right there with them. :thumb: It worked for me. (thanks bart!)
Kim Eakin

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
holliswood said:
Hey Kai.
Since Bibs clinic isn't going to happen, maybe we could just get some people who want to add to there riding skills together and do a clinic that way. We will just do it for fun, and it won't cost a dime! I would be more than happy to give you some pointers. But my advice to you is, ride with people who are far better than you and pretty soon before you know it , your right there with them. :thumb: It worked for me. (thanks bart!)
Kim Eakin
:) I think you forgot "if you survive" in their somewhere. lol :)

HippieKai has lots of talent.....

He destroyed two perfectly good bikes in one Beacon weekend. :D That takes hard work, dedication, and lots of talent. :)

Rhino

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
holliswood said:
Hey Kai.
Kim Eakin
i thought you quite....and heck yeah i'll ride with you if your still on a bike. Just hit me up next time you go to whistler, the shore, 38, 27...i'll ride anything.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
HippieKai said:
i thought you quite....and heck yeah i'll ride with you if your still on a bike. Just hit me up next time you go to whistler, the shore, 38, 27...i'll ride anything.
Who said I quit? I got hurt and couldn't finish the WIM series(oh' darn!). But I didn't quit. :angry: That was my little bro, Tige. :nope: I have been riding every weekend up in Canada. Maybe we could hook up next time I come up?

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
HippieKai said:
we may be getting some people together soon to ride the warm up line at 38, if we do i'll let you know. we might hit south seatac this weekend if ya want to go.

holliswood said:
Hey Kai.
Kim Eakin
Kim get a hold of me, I got an idea!! and a enough people to get a camp going and insurance through a local bike shop( scott?) :D Lets do it, Ill arrange it all!

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
TWISTED said:
If you really want some riding lessons I'd be happy to help you out. I'm no big time pro, but I do alright (except skinnies, I suck at skinnies).
I did a map quest search but still couldn't find Hippieville, maybe I misspelled it. hmmm. I'm in Portland, I thought this place was hippy ville. :D
I've seen him ride! Trust me he needs all the help he can get! I hope that 150 bucks he has to spend will be enough to get you out up to him....

I mean I've tried to teach him, but I keep loosing him on the trail... the little bugger gets lost in the woods wandering around picking flowers.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
bibs said:
Kim get a hold of me, I got an idea!! and a enough people to get a camp going and insurance through a local bike shop( scott?) :D Lets do it, Ill arrange it all!
Where you guys gonna do it? I have a hard time figuring out your locations when everyone lists theirs in their profile as "various hip lingo".

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
slcpunk21 said:
I hope that 150 bucks he has to spend will be enough to get you out up to him....
Huh?

I could help teach because I don't have any natural talent. I had to learn how to ride well at a fairly old age. There are some pro guys out there puting on clinics, but a lot of these guys have natural talent and were great riders when they were little kids. I think it might be tough for them to relate to people starting out.
I'd like to help out, thanks,
Tim

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
hey if you all (Kim, Bibs, etc) are looking at doing a camp for a decent price let me know, I can probably get a good crew from our team to show up assuming price/time and location work well!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
OK, Bibs the ball is in your court. :nuts: Come up with an idea and lets see if we could get a clinic together. I like the idea you had for location, and we could still get some shwag for everyone. :) :) We would just eliminate the YMCA. I still have some stuff from DC I have been hanging on to, and I could call Chris from Azonic to get some stuff. I think there is enough interest to still put something together. Give me a call at home.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Hey if you guys put on a camp please don't have an age restriction! :eviltongu I would like to take some lessons.....I need to take some lessons!

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
Skookum said:
do you even ride big bikes anymore? if you do lemme know by the time i get healed up we gotta do some more S. Seatac night rides. :thumb:
I HAVE TO WAIT TILL AFTER MID OCT FOR LAST BIG BMX RACE.
YOU CANT TRAIN FOR SPRINTING AND RIDE XC AT THE SAME TIME.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
slcpunk21 said:
I've seen him ride! Trust me he needs all the help he can get! I hope that 150 bucks he has to spend will be enough to get you out up to him....

I mean I've tried to teach him, but I keep loosing him on the trail... the little bugger gets lost in the woods wandering around picking flowers.

hey...at least i'm just pickin flowers and not a big pansey myself like you are :eviltongu

and it's hard to say your loosing me on the trail when i'm in front....i guess you are loosing me because you can't keep up!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
slcpunk21 said:

Raises hand :hand up:...2.5hours away :D You still gotta ride kill me thrill me, river again etc. :P :D

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
HippieKai said:
hey...at least i'm just pickin flowers and not a big pansey myself like you are :eviltongu

and it's hard to say your loosing me on the trail when i'm in front....i guess you are loosing me because you can't keep up!
Man, are you sure you are only picking flowers out there? Not something like a mushroom, cause you gotta be on some good sheet when we are riding to think you are actually ahead of me ;)

And what's all this speak of a camp? I'm in depending on costs, time and location....

Or I could even help haul gear to it. I have a big enclosed trailer 6x12 if that would help out.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Roasted said:
Raises hand :hand up:...2.5hours away :D You still gotta ride kill me thrill me, river again etc. :P :D
I know I know!!!! I gotta get some more cash flowing in first, otherwise I wont be able to afford to even leave my apt. ;)

But remember! Monday man.. Monday!

Better have that fork working by then!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Yeah...guess what. Whistler (the shop that gets my springs) sends orders mondays...so I get my spring on wednesday. Definately going to be undersprung for monday. Fine on the trails (rubber side down) but I was bottoming it on a 3 foot drop in the pit by my house.

Much cheaper than marz though so I am quite happy about that. Every part has been cheaper than marz parts haha