Quantcast

Tap Out apparel etiquette question

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
So is it socially acceptable for him to sport the apparel, or is he still a douche, "irregardless"?

What if you're 29 yrs old and wear a Tapout shirt under your ol' high school letterman jacket while attended your old high school football game with the enthusiasm of an assistant coach who really isn't an assistant coach?
I've seen this.

Who knows, I guess this is all ok if you're not at work. But yeah, Tapout at work ='s douche.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Most of the bar scene in sacramento is dominated by tapout kids.

I only call them kids because I don't want to validate their search for a hyper-masculine image. It's cool and everything, but I've found that most people who jump on bandwagons like that aren't people that I'd like to talk to anyways. I just think of it this way. Once all of the bro-ho's get tired of hanging out with those guys, my friends and I are the clear alternative to ultra-douchyness.

Consequently, I still haven't gotten laid in a long while.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
all these zipperheads that wear that stuff make me laugh. ooooohhhhh i'm a real tough guy because i wear some mma merchandise, look out for me or i'll kick your ass! ever since this "craze" started all these wanna be's come into my store so they can show off to their friends. we have heavy bags on display and of course it's like a moth to the light. they all come over, start punching and dancing around like it's a real person. some even go so far as to put on the gloves, which means they open packages up. course they don't put the sh*t back. i stand there and just laugh at them and usually they just walk away because it took a stranger laughing at them to understand just how fvcking stupid they look.

my rant is done :weee:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Tapout shirts are basicly like the stripe on a skunk. The shirt warns you that if you poke that animal with a stick, you're gonna reek.....be it from failure to defend yourself properly or from having lost precious moments of your life getting sprayed with verbal douchery. :thumb:

Here in the South, the tell tale warning is anything that says "Cabellas".

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Tapout crap is pretty much the heart of Orange County. Talk about a moth to a flame. You can't go anywhere around here without seeing that stuff multiple times a day. It seems as it's just an advertisement for douchebaggery around here. Some of the guys actually fight, I suppose, but most of them are just sheep in wolf's clothing.

On a side note, one of the owners died in a car accident a little while bag. Tapped out for good, I guess.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
this guy is a decently big-ish guy. Under 6 feet, but a good 190-200. Part time firefighter. He could certainly hang a holy beating on me....but that is not a very exclusive club.

As we passed each other in the hall a little while back he pretended to do some fancy fight move/karate chop combo on me. I was impressed with how quick he was. Only little pee came out.
He doesn't sound like a douche. He just sounds like a dork. There are the guys that wear that stuff and walk around cocky, wanting everybody to think they are badasses. Most of the time they are posers.

There's a guy at the dog park that wears that crap all the time. I asked him who was going to win the fights this weekend, and he had no idea anybody was even fighting. Poser.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Have you not seen pictures of the guys that front this company? They are like 80's WWF rejects. I doubt a whole lot of super serious thought was put behind the name of the company.
I wish i came up with that idea. Those dorks make millions now.

Better than the "jesus didn't Tap" sh!t that i've seen recently.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm placing ed hardy apparel above HD and Tapout as the biggest douche bag apparel....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
i'm placing ed hardy apparel above HD and Tapout as the biggest douche bag apparel....
I was watching some sort of Pawn Shop show on cable - the old man lost a bet and had to wear Ed Hardy Jeans - I didn't know what they where then but now know they are very popular with the bald, old & fat crowd. :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
kid on right is wearing a tapout hat sideways...standing next to, what i presume to be, his dad or uncle with the pony-tail mullet...AT A BOAT DRAG RACE.

i snagged this pic while working uniformed security at the event. to me, tapout = modern day redneck and this pic is of multi-generational redneck douchebag.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Our wherehouse was litterally next door to the Tapout wherehouse in colton for the longest time untill we downsized. The guys there were actually pretty cool, they were just like everyone else that is marketing there product, trying to make a buck.
I have a few of there shirts, only because they threw me a few freebies. It really isnt any different than anyone else that wears some type of shirt relating to there hobbies or interests.
I will say though, the guy that advertizes he is a bad add, is a douchebag. The guy that sits quietly in the corner at the bar drinking his beer.....Thats usually the guy to worry about beating the holy **** out of someone. You know, the one thats calm, quiet, keeps a cool, and knocks the tapout kid clean out with a bottle when the kid is taking off the Tapout shirt to keep it clean.
My favorite thing I saw when I was working at the bar, was an Old timer HA, getting into it with a younger kid, 22ish I would say that thought he was a bad ass. Well, kid is flirting with Old timers girlfriend......Old timer finally tells kid...Knock it off, she is with me, your starting to annoy her Bloah Blah Blah......Kid says, Eff you, I will flirt with who I want....Old timer....You dont wnat to go this route kid, walk away. Kid goes and pushs the old timer, and then ripps his shirt of al fast like, and the Old timer just reached out, grabbed the kid by the nipple ring and removed it. Its amazing how much that **** bleeds.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Our wherehouse was litterally next door to the Tapout wherehouse in colton for the longest time untill we downsized. The guys there were actually pretty cool, they were just like everyone else that is marketing there product, trying to make a buck.
I have a few of there shirts, only because they threw me a few freebies. It really isnt any different than anyone else that wears some type of shirt relating to there hobbies or interests.
I will say though, the guy that advertizes he is a bad add, is a douchebag. The guy that sits quietly in the corner at the bar drinking his beer.....Thats usually the guy to worry about beating the holy **** out of someone. You know, the one thats calm, quiet, keeps a cool, and knocks the tapout kid clean out with a bottle when the kid is taking off the Tapout shirt to keep it clean.
My favorite thing I saw when I was working at the bar, was an Old timer HA, getting into it with a younger kid, 22ish I would say that thought he was a bad ass. Well, kid is flirting with Old timers girlfriend......Old timer finally tells kid...Knock it off, she is with me, your starting to annoy her Bloah Blah Blah......Kid says, Eff you, I will flirt with who I want....Old timer....You dont wnat to go this route kid, walk away. Kid goes and pushs the old timer, and then ripps his shirt of al fast like, and the Old timer just reached out, grabbed the kid by the nipple ring and removed it. Its amazing how much that **** bleeds.

This seems like a really lame time to mention a buddy of mine. He wanted be military bad. All our lives, I'd kept bullies and rednecks off him on the bus b/c he was a good kid. Then in high school, he juices up, gets cocky and starts "training" with his uncle. He kept showing me ways to break a wrist, stick a knife in and turn up and all this hardcore stuff.

We walk by a guy at a Hardess of all places and their blocky shoulders bump and my buddy says something in "douche" lingo. They get their trash talk on and my buddy takes the old sideways defensive stance hands up. A few minutes later, the guy was done pounding him and didn't say anything to my buddy. He just walked away unphased.:thumb:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I dress so well that crowds part in front of me on the sidewalk. Every time I pass, each one I pass goes: "Ahhhhhh...."

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Tapout shirts are lame even for people who actually study MMA/BJJ.

This is for the same reason that having a huge NOR*CAL sticker on your car is lame even if you are from norcal.

It's just played out and stupid.

You need to worry when you see the guy with this shirt. After all your just playing until you actually compete.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
This seems like a really lame time to mention a buddy of mine. He wanted be military bad. All our lives, I'd kept bullies and rednecks off him on the bus b/c he was a good kid. Then in high school, he juices up, gets cocky and starts "training" with his uncle. He kept showing me ways to break a wrist, stick a knife in and turn up and all this hardcore stuff.

We walk by a guy at a Hardess of all places and their blocky shoulders bump and my buddy says something in "douche" lingo. They get their trash talk on and my buddy takes the old sideways defensive stance hands up. A few minutes later, the guy was done pounding him and didn't say anything to my buddy. He just walked away unphased.:thumb:
Classic story.....Its always the loudmouth that gets slammed by the quite ones

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Sinatra has the best voice in music EVER. That dude could undress a group of women with a note.

Tapout gear sucks but they make a ton of cash. Hate all you want, they are still getting paid.