Quantcast

tatoo demo7 - enter at your own risk !

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Who is actually picking these colors. The ideas arent so bad but the execution is horrid.

Bearclaws bike needs more bling/anodized parts

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
At last! If thats the Demo8 frame only color, I may get a Spec this year after all.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
That red one is easily just as bad. It looks like a candy cane/taffy gone awry. Maybe cut the stripes down by, oh say, 85% and it may look cool.

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
MDJ said:
I was thinking the same thing. I always look to buy a Santa Cruz but end up buying a Specialized. But...SC has a bunch of great colors to choose from and Specialized has fake tatoo and argyle.

And you could always get the Specialized resprayed to whatever colour your heart desires...

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Bobodaclown said:
And you could always get the Specialized resprayed to whatever colour your heart desires...
Prob is, you have to be careful about voiding your warranty.

At least the red one gives me hope that they will have standard colors as well.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Specialized seems to be riding the hyped-up marketing train right to the bottom of the profits bin. Everyone of their bikes this year(07) is just horrible. Their design team should be fired yesterday.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Personally I dig the new Tattoo Demo 7.

Yeah, it's totally different from what we're all used to, but give it some time to grow on you. If it still makes you scrunch up your nose, then it's not your thing. Big deal.

I understand what they are doing with the graphics, new designs, and new proprietary parts (in-house dual crown forks, shocks, etc.) so give em' a bit of lee way during this time period.

Besides, if you don't like the new direction, it's not like the stuff coming out for 07' will be their bike lineup until the end of time.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
The rest of the specialized line is unbelievable. I just saw the catalog super nice, great colors. I'm not a huge fan of the new demos but I can def. see the growing on me.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
while i can agree that the demo series looks wierd ,the rest of the line up is amazing !
imo , the new enduros look hot ,the old ones always did and the
stumpjumpers ,pseries ,sx ,road bikes ,epic ,hardrock etc ,just look amazing!!!

also ,you got to remember 2 things :
1.not to judge the bikes till you saw'em in person (remember what alot of people said about the V10 ,nomad)
2.stickers can come off !

skibum3789

Chimp
Aug 12, 2005
Massachusettes
call me a skeezy hippie but i wanna get my v10 done in tie die and make it look like its right out of the 60's. but ya that tattoo **** looks weird, not bad or good, but it isnt something you see and are just like wow man thats badass. anyone got any ideas on how much something like a tie die paint job would cost? or any pictures of any thats tried it?

peace

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
the red color one looks pretty good- definitly less stripes
but i think specialized needs to spend more time on the bikes instead of playin around with the colors.

might just be my opinion but i think the specialized colors have gone downhill since the demo 8 that was like tan and had all these ghetto fake scratches.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
skibum3789 said:
call me a skeezy hippie but i wanna get my v10 done in tie die and make it look like its right out of the 60's. but ya that tattoo **** looks weird, not bad or good, but it isnt something you see and are just like wow man thats badass. anyone got any ideas on how much something like a tie die paint job would cost? or any pictures of any thats tried it?

peace

SKEEZY HIPPIE!

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
all ugly graphics aside, does anyone know if the only difference between the demo 7 and demo 8 is shock size or are they 2 completely different frames? Also what about availability and pricing?

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
no skid marks said:
It lacks any artistic,rebelious,street cred quality whatsoever,it's not unique it's more marketing crap. If you want unique then do it yourself but buying some companies idea of unique and trying to pretend your cool for riding it is just as lame as racer boy stickers. Paint it yourself if you want unique. I just pull all the stickers off and thrash the **** out of it and it gets much more cool unique style than any corprate marketing garbage. Those stickers are so pathetic, it has to be a joke,specialized dudes are laughing their heads off at us right now especially the noobs that like it.
i'd have to say he makes the best point, i didnt mind the frame until i thought if it that way. if you were the only person to own this paintjob, and had done it urself, i think it would be more acceptable, but if this frame hits the streets, then emo kids left and right will have one, and it will loose it's "uniqueness" that i thought it had.

good point

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
quickneonrt said:
all ugly graphics aside, does anyone know if the only difference between the demo 7 and demo 8 is shock size or are they 2 completely different frames? Also what about availability and pricing?
Well the 7 has steeper angles and a 1.5" HT.

One really cool thing about the 8 according to our dealer book is it comes with a special shuttle for use with a DHX Air, that gives the frame 7" of travel and corrected geo for a 7" fork.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Bicyclist said:
Well the 7 has steeper angles and a 1.5" HT.

One really cool thing about the 8 according to our dealer book is it comes with a special shuttle for use with a DHX Air, that gives the frame 7" of travel and corrected geo for a 7" fork.
I saw that, nice option. I just wish they would have given both bikes the 1.5 HT. :mumble:

EOBF

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Bellingham, WA
What a bunch of straight edge nerds. A bike shouldn't look all frat boy pretty, let it be edgy and unique. You guys probably put bike company stickers on your bikes so you'll be cool. Awesome. If riding bikes is about fitting in to a standard, I quit right now. Have fun on your cookie cutter, boringly colored pro-imitation bike. Let's hear it for a company that isn't afraid to break the mold on lame, drab-colored, boring bikes that all look the same.
'tard, it is a corporate mass produced bike. It is as cookie cutter as it gets, put your psuedo punk loaded Ipod on and go feel good about yourself.