• Tongue (getting kinda common though)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Eye brow (ho hum)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nose (great for holiday decorations)

• Nipple (with or without chain)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ear (and people thought Pirates were gone)

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Tribal Arm Band tat (zzzzz....)

• Macho tat (e.g. skulls, dragons, ninjas, oriental writing, etc..)

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Multi colored, 1/2 body tat which you're still paying for...

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other (includes some or all of the above)

Votes: 33 49.3%

• Total voters

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Bored on a Friday morning; so being the modern day anti-conformist (I mean we did invent 'FREE-riding ya know), what sort of body decorations do you sport?

Personally, I'm just pimping with black diamond earings in each ear, which is my attempt at supporting MBA's self-important mission to create a new (and completely unnecessary) term for 'freeriding'...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Ink. And more on the way:D

Lot's of scars here too. They're like tattoo's only with stories.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Acad,

I thought about putting it in the 'Lounge' or somewhere like that - but then I figured the only riders cool enough to have such decorative art were the DH/erbon/freeride crowd...So I skipped the middle man...

Not to mention, none of the whine & cheese XC types are going to have anything more extravagent than rub on tatoos or magnetic earings ;)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I had a tongue, eyebrow, earing and nipple. And a tat on my right arm. The eyebrow, earing and nipple had to come out for various reasons....I actually got my tongue ring close to 7 years ago. It was the last piercing in and definately the last one out.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
<== Cutting his arm with a knife and filling the wound with ink from a very metrosexual Mont-Blanc pen.

Can I be in now? :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
If you really want to be a modern day non-corformist, you would have neither, because every Tom, C0ck, and Harry has ink and piercings.;)
But yeah, I have some ink on my back. I would have more, but I can't ever think of something really cool to get, and I am scared I might pick the next "barb wire" trend or something, and then I would have to cut off my arm. Hey, that would be non-conformist!

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Yeah, I was thinking to myself the other day that I shouldn't have gotten any tattoos or gauged my ears up. Every other kid in Salt Lake looks like they just fell out of some post-hardcore band. I guess I can't complain though, I'm one of 'em now.

Acad: 00 Flesh Tunnels eh? Sick, I had a set of FTs when I was about a 4.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
2 tats - one the Pinkbike logo on my right calf and an atomic chainring on the inside of my left forearm

2 more on the way - shooting stars representing my children on each shin

Ink really is addictive, I got my first long ago and have been hooked since.

Oh yeah - no piercings.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
No, had the spinning logo on my calf since we did our first video so friggin long ago. It's tough to recognize unless you've seen the spinning logo. The forearm is pretty fresh, perhaps 18 months old...

I'd love to get the Flesh Tunnels but I really don't have the patience to do it. Not a big fan of simple piercings and my attention span won't hold up long enough to go through with the FT.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Got my first tat 6ish weeks ago....have a really old faded brand on my back and Im planning on getting another brand on my upper arm :devil:

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
At one time in my life i had 3 holes in my left ear (using only one now)
I have a piecing in the right eye brow,
I have 2 tatoos, one tribal on my right shoulder and one of a guy downhilling on a bike on my left legs...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by jackalope
Acad,

I thought about putting it in the 'Lounge' or somewhere like that - but then I figured the only riders cool enough to have such decorative art were the DH/erbon/freeride crowd...So I skipped the middle man...

Not to mention, none of the whine & cheese XC types are going to have anything more extravagent than rub on tatoos or magnetic earings ;)
that comment is kinda funny bust mostly just silly and uneducated. hardcore endurance riders often have many tats and piercing, if you can withstand 24 hours of solo suffering then a tattoo is nothing to deal with. especially SS riders, In fact they tat the winners of the SS nationals instead of giving them a trophy, pain is not reserved for DH or freeride...I know you were kidding but I think the response would have been more broad in the lounge overall.:D

I have none of either for the record.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Upper sleeve, 5 other tats, no piercings (well, I do have a double pierced left ear from the late 80's that just won't seal up, but no jewelry) and I have a fresh rotor branding on my left calf from stepping off the back of my XC bike to put the seat up a couple days ago. Pulled the skin right off, and charred the edges. It's pretty sweet looking.

UnabikeR

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
Green Bay and Marquette
One tattoo on my back (nazi-esque eagle holding an inverted pentagram instead of a swastika) and about 100 scars on my chest and arms from self-inflicted slashing. I don't understand piercing..

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Ok,

Left arm: half tribal sleeve (from just below my elbow to up onto and around my shoulder)

Left chest (joined up with the tribal): Arch Angel holding a staff stabbing a demon-like dragon with smoke in negative shading...meaning the smoke and clouds are skin color. All that stretches out and covers the entire left chest and goes up to my t-shirt line.

Everything done in black and white.

Right arm: inside bicep, black outlined scorpion with black tribals around that with the scorpio symbol. Needs redoing.

I have other stuff planned this summer...just hope the $$$ is there.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
that comment is kinda funny bust mostly just silly and uneducated. hardcore endurance riders often have many tats and piercing, if you can withstand 24 hours of solo suffering then a tattoo is nothing to deal with. especially SS riders, In fact they tat the winners of the SS nationals instead of giving them a trophy, pain is not reserved for DH or freeride...I know you were kidding but I think the response would have been more broad in the lounge overall
Now you do have to admit it's somewhat ironic (well, now that I think about it - flat out ironic) when someone calls you out for being 'uneducated' and misspells a word in the very same sentence :D

Punkssean - as you know, I was just 'funnin' (how about that for a swell word?) the XC'ers; mainly because of the stereotypical group of hapless XC dild0's I see tooling around here in NC...And for the record, I've done a 24 (on a team mind you) and saw plenty of the hardcore solo guys out on the course and quite frankly wasn't that overly impressed...I mean I respect the fact that they can ride for 24 hours straight (although a lot of them rest for and hour or so between laps), especially when they don't even stop to take a pi$$ and such...But it's kinda like marathon runners to me, it's somewhat impressive on some level, but I've run a marathon before...BFD...It's really not that hard, unless you're trying to catch the Kenyan running it in 2 hours of course...And if said Kenyan runner wants to tat himself up, then that's smashing...But, IMHO, it just looks cooler on the 250lb hairy NFL linebacker orge :)

I guess it's just apples to oranges type of thing, and I happen to like (i.e appreciate) orange juice a lot better than apple juice...So maybe I am uneducated afterall...

Ok, enough thread hijack banter...We need the Prince Albert crew to check in...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
OK so I'm at this party and it's pretty mellow everyones just drinkin' and bs'n. Lots of hot girls but none seem interested in me. Anyway I head in the house and into their study to do some web browsing and chill. Pretty soon one of the girls, then another and another I think 7 hotties come in and shut the door behind em. One says they heard a rumor that I had a prince albert and wondered if it was true. She had never seen one before. So I get smart and have each and everyone of them show me their titties. Nice nice nice. So I drop my pants and they each wanted a close look. Hmmm I was thinking about fading this story into a Penthouse Forums fantasy scene but actually all the girls boy friends started banging on the door. Party over for me.

rjw

Chimp
Apr 18, 2002
UK
3 tattoos at the moment (both shoulders and lower back)
20mm FT in each ear, plus 4mm bcr in left.
tongue
labret
both nipples
PA.

Need to think of something else to get done :)

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've got the toxicity symbol on my right shoulder:

Figured since I was taking a ton of biology and chemistry labs AND i'm clumsy as hell I should warn others. Got it between classes when I was going to university 10 years ago

and caffeine on my right thigh

(just the molecule, not the word)
because I drink far too much coffee.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I like piercings, but not common ones.

I have my eyebrow (boring), cartaledge on my left ear (also boring) a double pierce on my left ear with one piece of jewlery (a bit less boring) A regular piecing and a transverse lobe on right ear with CBR's in each, going through each other (the best :)) and my nips (eh... I was bored)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by jackalope
Now you do have to admit it's somewhat ironic (well, now that I think about it - flat out ironic) when someone calls you out for being 'uneducated' and misspells a word in the very same sentence :D
I don't have to admit anything because I didn't misspell anything??? I typed the words "kinda" and "tat" but those are slang or shorthand words not intended to be taken as proper english. Since this is not english class it is the internet, a place where slang, shorthand, internet jargon and occasional typos (different than misspellings) are not marked against you. However your point is still irrelevant because I didn't misspell a single word in that quote you posted. Finally the point I was making wasn't relating to a formal education, such as schooling, but to the type of education attained from life experiences. I think you know that was my point but you were looking for some ammo to fire back with. Well you missed...

My point was and is that "XC weenies" are often more hard-core than the majority of "DH and free-riders". Also, a similar if not higher percentage of them (XC riders) are tattooed and pierced. I still acknowledge you were trying to be funny, but I think it was unnecessary to poke fun at or stereotype XC riders. Whether you think it to be or not, it is offensive to some people. PERIOD

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
My bad punkassean - I thought you were meant to say 'but' instead of 'bust'...So yup, I've got a big phat (that was just for you) omelette on my grill :o:
Again, just funnin ya...(see, I did it again :D )

As far as having 'ammo to fire back at you', I think I clearly explained why I'm not totally overwhelmed by the 'harcore' XC types...Just my 2 pesos...

And for the ever growing record, if a joke doesn't stereotype and/or offend somebody, then it's not funny...Period...(Just ask Bill Cosby)