Quantcast

Team America?

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Glad to see that Neko and Logan are getting some support and props. However, it seems odd to me that Decline Team America would drop guys like Herndon and Bangert who race all the time and represent some of the best racers in American right now.....and replace them with a guy like Strait who was touted as the next big thing years ago, but I've only seen him do a few races here and there without a real focus of sorts, show up in videos from time to time, and compete at freeride/slopestyle comps seemingly at random.

Not flaming the guy (Strait) or the team, I've got respect for both, but it just seems odd that Decline Team America let guys of the "present" go and are pinning all their hopes on guys of the "past" and guys of the distant "future".

I'll still be rooting for you at Snowshoe Herndon!!!
I think that Chris, Cole and Curtis are among the best in the U.S. right now. No question. Like you, I can only speculate as to why changes were made, but keep in mind these are lean times we're in and I'm pretty sure that both Cody and Kyle have deals directly with Specialized and if that's true it would lessen the financial burdon on Team America. Allowing them to focus on the "up and coming" riders like Neko and Logan. Keep in mind that Neko is racing as a pro this year and his main focus is not so much on this upcoming racing season but rather his first opportunity at the Junior Worlds early next season. The team is doing a lot to get him prepared like enrolling him into several race camps and sending him overseas to race some non WC events to get him acclimated to travel and racing abroad. I'm not sure how those other riders fit into the program but in my opinion they're going about it the right way with Neko. If he can pull off a win at Jr.Worlds it would be a huge success for their program.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Something that I think is pretty funny. They Declined one of the fastest guys in America is two different guys. I don't think , yuroshek and voodoohoo are talking about the same guy.
ummm yes we are.

He's not related to me.

JD is not John Dillon.

you clearly do not know what you're posting about

Last edited:

ParkerW

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Race City USA, NC
Glad to see that Neko and Logan are getting some support and props. However, it seems odd to me that Decline Team America would drop guys like Herndon and Bangert who race all the time and represent some of the best racers in American right now.....and replace them with a guy like Strait who was touted as the next big thing years ago, but I've only seen him do a few races here and there without a real focus of sorts, show up in videos from time to time, and compete at freeride/slopestyle comps seemingly at random.

Not flaming the guy (Strait) or the team, I've got respect for both, but it just seems odd that Decline Team America let guys of the "present" go and are pinning all their hopes on guys of the "past" and guys of the distant "future".

I'll still be rooting for you at Snowshoe Herndon!!!
Kyle is not a guy of the past at all. He has always been one of the fastest americans and no doubt would be the fasted if he had had the funding too. He went to freeride because there was no money to be made in downhill at the time. Now that he has the backing of a factory team and the funding from his sponsors he can show how fast he has always been on the world cup series. Also fact of the matter is that he has placed 10th at a world cup before when he was only 18 or 19 I'm not sure.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
ummm yes we are.

He's not related to me.

JD is not John Dillon.

you clearly do not know what you're posting about

You could be correct on the JD thing.

You are also correct that I clearly have no idea of what I'm posting about.

Since you are so on your game, you should be able to tell me who Yuroshek is talking about. Related or not...

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Kyle is not a guy of the past at all. He has always been one of the fastest americans and no doubt would be the fasted if he had had the funding too. He went to freeride because there was no money to be made in downhill at the time. Now that he has the backing of a factory team and the funding from his sponsors he can show how fast he has always been on the world cup series. Also fact of the matter is that he has placed 10th at a world cup before when he was only 18 or 19 I'm not sure.
Umm, not saying Kyle Strait isn't fast.....i'm sure he is, he's proven that in the past.....but it's just that, the past. Herndon, Bangert, Keene....they represent the crop of american riders that are FAST right now and have the experience overseas and in world championship settings. I know Strait got a 10th in a world cup, Angel Fire I believe, but he's not been plugged solely into the race scene like the guys I mention for the last few years.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Strait been on the Specialized roster for years now?!?!? He's flown the flag for Specialized in Fox for what seems like forever now.

Again, not flaming the guy, as I have much respect for what he does on the bike and how he goes about getting his dues. However, I continue to wonder the decision on the part of Decline Team America to opt not to pick up guys that are fast NOW and have continued to be fast and show that dedication to the american dh race effort both at home and abroad.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
You could be correct on the JD thing.

You are also correct that I clearly have no idea of what I'm posting about.

Since you are so on your game, you should be able to tell me who Yuroshek is talking about. Related or not...

I would imagine everyone who knows dennis knows who he was talking about and those that don't know him should be able to figure it out, pretty quick. Hell it only took me about 2 seconds to figure out who you were.

No game, no winners, no losers.

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Ummm Kyle Strait had better or equal results to all the team america riders. And he finished 24th at Maribor which is better than Team America's best WC result.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
I would imagine everyone who knows dennis knows who he was talking about and those that don't know him should be able to figure it out, pretty quick. Hell it only took me about 2 seconds to figure out who you were.

No game, no winners, no losers.
OK that's fair enough.

It occurred to me that since Decline declined several riders and vice versa, one of the "fastest guys in America" could be any number of riders IMO. The earlier reference to this rider is being kept secretive and that confuses me. No matter who the rider is.
And at the end of this all, you still have not named the rider in question.
Why? Just wondering? If what you say is true and it's so easy to figure it out why not just say whom you're talking about.
I'm not trying to be a d**k. I'm just curious.
Does it violate some form of Blogging etiquette by naming names?:confused:
And for the record it's cool with me that you know who I am. I was not trying to hide.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
My first post was to Dennis about hinting about a certain rider being declined, That's personal business between Decline and said rider. If any rider was named as being turned down by a potiental sponsor, it could hurt that rider's chances of being picked up by another sponsor. I just happen to know about this situation because I can be trusted to keep my mouth shut.

If there's one thing I have learned about this community is that it is very small, so I now tread lightly. Just a little life lesson.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
My first post was to Dennis about hinting about a certain rider being declined, That's personal business between Decline and said rider. If any rider was named as being turned down by a potiental sponsor, it could hurt that rider's chances of being picked up by another sponsor. I just happen to know about this situation because I can be trusted to keep my mouth shut.

If there's one thing I have learned about this community is that it is very small, so I now tread lightly. Just a little life lesson.
Thanks for the explanation. :brow:

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
The reference to JD was to the rider on MS racing last season. JD Swanguen, never heard of him going by John Dillon but could be. Either way "for the record" it's spelled Dillon not Dillion.:biggrin:
"For the Record" it's John Dillion.

When correcting someone you should be sure of the facts.

Just a little life lesson. :biggrin:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
The reference to JD was to the rider on MS racing last season. JD Swanguen, never heard of him going by John Dillon but could be. Either way "for the record" it's spelled Dillon not Dillion.:biggrin:
I heard that JD tried to convince Evan that it was actually Jimmy Dean.

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Herndon should be on my team racing with me.... we train together and race each other all the time at local events.. lives 20 minutes down the road..