Quantcast

Tell me about your last ride...

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
i just road my rigid 29r single speed on a xc ride with baddna nothing to exciting. when i get my free ride bike back i will have something cool to talk about im sure

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My last ride of any kind was the 103 mile MS charity road ride a couple weekends ago. That whole weekend was great. Last weekend was a washout. I should consider more weekday rides...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Singletrack, singletrack, singletrack. Rocks gardens, manzanita, ponderosa trees, bitterbrush, sun, hot.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
13 mile XC loop. 4 mile fireroad grind, 5 miles of overgrown, tick infested singletrack and some road and creek crossings back to the car.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
'Twas yesterday. Rode the Make-A-Wish loop I used here behind the schools. Nothing too major-- sand, baby heads, some hardpack. There's the first climb that usually gives me fits, though. Cleaned it once, was on my way to doing it again, hit a soft spot, lost momentum about 10yds from the top and stopped. Rest of ride was great. Actually finished 2mins faster than previous best time.

Too bad the trails are minimal at N*, or I'd be there today. Oh well..............

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
26 miles of XC chasing 29er bandits. 19 miles of it was east coast roots and 7 miles was dirt/tar roads connecting it all together. Left out my office door. I did manage to burp a bit of air out my tire but it was my fault for to much hooligan riding. There has beers and pizza when done.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
My last ride was on Tuesday. Did a 6 mile all mountain loop with 3 friends right near my house.

First 1/2 of the ride is a mellow climb up and the second half is all fast single track with a bunch of switchbacks, roots, ruts, etc. Great little loop to do in under 45 min round trip. Lots of fun. Ended with pizza and beer.

I will add to this thread again after my lunch ride today. =]

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It was a gorgeous day on Silver Star mountain. It was getting on into the evening, and my bud and I were taking advantage of the extended play hours thanks to the extra late sunlight of summer, not to mention the perfect cool summer temperature. The trails were long and buff, the lift lines were almost nonexistent, and I couldn't have been happier that I made the extra time for it on the way to Whistler. In fact I wondered why my crew even bothered going to Whistler when all that Silver Star goodness was ready for the taking.

August 11, 2010

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
about 25 miles on the roadcycle. exploring the wealthiest towns in MA. Kind of neat. I imagine some civil war **** happened around there. Good riding though.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I clipped my bars on a tree trunk making a tight left. I ended up sliding into first base and now I have raspberries on my elbows and knees. I love Tegaderm.

PQ tunnels for those in the know

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did an in-town group ride with the local hipster/fixie set last night. They have been riding as a group every night since their friend was hit by a car and is now in a coma. He wasn't wearing a helmet and now most of them are sporting brain buckets.

Bonus for the hotties in cowgirl boots. :D:D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last night. Beer and bikes. Meet crew at biergarten at GCB, have a pint, ride up Chimney Gulch, then over to Apex. Down Enchanted Forest then terrorize all other trail users down the Apex Trail.

Finish loop on bike path back to GCB. Sadly it closes at 6:30.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fun street ride around Golden, cruised over to the bike park, crashed whilst railing the pump track, been whining like a b1tch all week with road rash.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Last night. Beer and bikes. Meet crew at biergarten at GCB, have a pint, ride up Chimney Gulch, then over to Apex. Down Enchanted Forest then terrorize all other trail users down the Apex Trail.

Finish loop on bike path back to GCB. Sadly it closes at 6:30.
This sounds suspiciously like MY last ride... except mine ended at Woody's for pizza and moar beer. I did have the Trippel with me, sucka. Chimney was less arduous than expectorated, Enchanted Forest was über fun flow with several new roots and a couple of blazing-fast near-death experiences thrown in, terrorizoring down the gut of Apex was simply hysterical. Again, please?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
trapelo through lincoln, then down to 117 and back, through sudbury, wayland, weston, and back to whahlthahm.

I pass this feller on the way: http://www.trulia.com/property/3047869576-45-Waltham-Rd-Wayland-MA-01778 That's a 2.8million dollar price drop. Now's my chance!

Got any other road ride suggestions? That was literally my fourth time out on the RB....I just kind of poke around 117.
Dear effin' lord.:eek:

I used to live right off Trapelo actually,about 2 miles down the road from Wheelworks. I work in Bedford, and take 225 into work every morning, which winds through Bedford, Concord, Carlisle, Westford. I don't ride road myself, but on a nice summer day I see on average 30-40 serious looking roadies on 225 on my way to work in the morning. Tight, windy 2 lane road through a bunch of old colonial houses and farms. Probably a good area to piece a good loop together, and within riding distance of Walthahthahtam I would say.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My last ride? I think FDR was in the White House...Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
about a quarter mile of hard packed dirt trail that had recently been covered in wood fluff and woodchips making it a slow, uneventful ride. and the nice jump on the path had been filled in too. city officials have been busy =/

was just trying to test out the suspension and everything at speed and over a jump, but noooo, they had to mess that up :p

Even after getting the rear derailleur adjusted and the hanger straightened, it's still being ****ty. granted, the derailleur is like what, 4 or 5 years old? and it's got a lot of miles on it... 6 miles, 5 days a week, every week, for two or three years. Oh well, just an excuse to buy new parts :D

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
OK, so today is my latest ride. Did pretty much the same loop as yesterday, although I added 2 uphill/downhill sections and about 1 1/4 more miles to it. Hit the same damn rock/soft spot as yesterday on the "fits" section, the extra sand/rocks caused some more hike-a-bike on the uphills, but ended up with 8.6miles in 1h3m. Not too bad, since I'm trying to get ready for that Northstar/Leadville qualifier, as well as Northstar's Thursday Night Series.

Then I went all Sally when I got home-- mowed the back lawn, picked up dog doo, weeded the side yard, load of laundry, and making creme brulee's for the missus (um, she's at work today). Homemade pizza tonight, too. Man, how I'd rather be at Northstar or Mammoth, however, I just can't justify the travel for the limited trails that are open. With this weather, though, it shouldn't be long before more are open....................... right??

Last edited:

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
My last ride was a blast.
I did that ride once with a buddy when I was on the wrong side of the hill. I felt bad for him living so far away from SC.

BTW- DeLa is great. I get out there every couple of months, since it's so far away. I get stuck in the UC rut, if you can call it that.

I rode harder than normal today. My legs are still burning after chasing some guys that I don't normally ride with. Did a little trail maintenance along the way.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
32 mile 'endurance' xc race on a spankin new Singlespeed hardtail. First ride on a new bike. I ran 32x18 and was deeply regretting it after the first 2.3 mile climb. Bonked around mile 17. Fought cramps for 3 hours. I ate food I found in the trail. At times I had to drag my seized up left leg up hills that were too steep to ride. Finished in 4 hr 20 min. Bike is fun. Next year 32x20