Quantcast

Tell us something about yourself most people would find unlikely for you...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Do some of you bad ass downhill dudes crochet or quilt?

Despite my tough image, I love the ballet...I have season tickets this year. A very close friend was floored that I would enjoy the ballet...when his wife and I were planning out the performances we wanted to see, he thought it was funny that I said I didn't want to go on weekends because I didn't want it to interfere with my snowboarding. Whats so wrong with that?

J

JRB

I'm really not an asshole and like to help people. (see working on Wumpus' fork reference)

I work on anyone's bike. I am also a retired horseshoer. I don't do that anymore, so I need a new hobby.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
You ever git kicked, hick boy?
A couple of times. I have been knocked out 3 times by colts. Sucks to come to laying underneath a horse. I have had a few stompings, but only 2 good kicks. Once I got a sore knee and once I got a cracked sternum and some broken ribs. ouch

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I'm singing along to Wanted Dead Or Alive right now at work...

"I've seen a million faces!...and I've rocked them all!"

Actually this is something that I will likely do...

J

JRB

Craw said:
I'm singing along to Wanted Dead Or Alive right now at work...

"I've seen a million faces!...and I've rocked them all!"
I thought you meant 'you spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby,blah,blah,blah....'

:D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am an incredibly skilled leatherworker and cordwainer. (That means I make, not repair, shoes)

I also participate in medieval recreation live combat. We hit each other with 11/4 inch rattan swords as hard as we can. And I am pretty good at it too.

I have a subscription to the Pasadena Playhouse. I am a member of the Huntington museum.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I can sew. I used to make my own pants. In college I used to make bags for extra money for people to store their glass bongs in.

L

Lightninleana

I am a complete city girl. I hate camping or roughing it, and I like being clean. I didn't think I minded camping until I came out to Colorado and had to set up camp in freaking cold weather. It took me seriously like 30 minutes to relize I couldn't put the tent up and had to have some guys do it for me, and they did it in about 2 mintues.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
I also participate in medieval recreation live combat.
She said unlikely...you have looked at your website, right??? :D

Cool on the shoe thing. I helped build a few saddles at a shop that used to be here, but I couldn't figure the boot thing out. Leather work is awesome.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
She said unlikely...you have looked at your website, right??? :D

Cool on the shoe thing. I helped build a few saddles at a shop that used to be here, but I couldn't figure the boot thing out. Leather work is awesome.
I would love to learn saddle work. Very cool art.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I drink too much but I don't get hangovers...I guess that's my one superpower...not that it's one to be really proud of I guess...I'm the annoying one that's up at like 8, while everyone is recovering..

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Most people find it surprising that I really enjoy studying religion, particularly early Christianity. I have read many books, taken classes and I am in the middle of a month-long intensive course in Greek to help me out.

I also really like drum corps and try to go to at least one DCI competition each summer. Considering the music I usually listen to, even I find that surprising.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I play trombone, euphonium and tuba. I've played since I was in 4th grade. I enjoy playing jazz, but playing symphonic trombone is my true love. :)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:
Do some of you bad ass downhill dudes crochet or quilt?

Despite my tough image, I love the ballet...I have season tickets this year. A very close friend was floored that I would enjoy the ballet...when his wife and I were planning out the performances we wanted to see, he thought it was funny that I said I didn't want to go on weekends because I didn't want it to interfere with my snowboarding. Whats so wrong with that?
I'm an awesome cook and listen to Jazz?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jdcamb said:
Do you know what JD Camb stands for? :sneaky:
I plugged JD Camb into Google and got only one odd result:

JD CAMB. - VIT. (ES) BRASIL - SÓ FOTOS AMADORAS e REAIS DE SEXO ... - [ Translate this page ]
JD CAMB. - VIT. (ES) BRASIL - SÓ FOTOS AMADORAS e REAIS
DE SEXO TOTAL/ATOR PRINCIPAL "EU". FotoFlog. ...
leokomecu.fotoflog.com.br/fav.html - 4k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

...I don't want to visit this page at work, for fear that:

A) it might be NSFW and
B) it may contain nude images of an unsavory nature

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
dh girlie said:
Are you sure you want to see a pic? Lets just say I am not shy when it comes to wearing lycra bike shorts :devil:

Camb stands for..... Uhhh never mind. Someone here must know. :sneaky: