Quantcast

Thanks For a Great Season - Plattekill Bike Park - 2010 Race Schedule

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

Plattekill Bike Park would like to thank everyone for a great race season. Racers, spectators, volunteers and sponsors, we couldn’t have done it with out you. Our series, the longest running DH mountain bike race series in the nation, will be back better than ever in 2010. Our preliminary series schedule for 2010 is:

* May 22/23
* July 3/5
* Aug 22/23 “UCI Points Race”
* Sept 18/19
* Oct 9/10
* Late Oct - "Last Chance for Glory"

This past season we lowered our race entry fees while increasing value. Plattekill increased Pro and added Cat1 cash payouts. The four largest DH category’s Series Champions won complete bikes. We offered up challenging and unique race courses for each of our seven races. In early spring we built a completely new Dual Slalom Track that featured close competitive racing and was enjoyed by all ages and abilities. In October we hosted the DH and the DS Gravity East Series Finals. A tradition since the series was started.

We just hired the main man who has been designing our race courses. He’ll be working hard resurrecting and building trails at our Bike Park full time. We’ll have another full season in 2010 with our USAC NYS Championship DH and DS Series. In 2010 we’ll offer a few new special events to be announced shortly. In August one week prior to the World Cup Finals, we’ll be hosting our first and the only UCI points race in the United States. The UCI World Cup Finals will be held only a couple miles away. We’ll be open that week with riding, camping and a very special event sure to please spectators.

Thanks again for a great season of racing and riding. Our ski season starts soon, so make sure to get here to sample our winter fun. Until then, “Shut Up and Ride”

: 2009 DH and DS Race and Series Results

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
One last weekend to ride at Platty- Nov 7-8
Just uncovered this gem. Bet you didn't know about this one !!

Sunday the guys will be leading the "Drop Search". We'll get a count of what we hit (minimum 4 foot).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My truck is getting fixed this week. With any luck I might have some spare change left over and can make it up! Snow riding what!?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did not get up enough this year but had a blast every single time. The race course are some of the best trails I have ridden i a while. I hope that says more about the race course than about me :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any from north jersey wanna go and need a ride? my truck is in the shop through next week, and I am currently driving a crew cab silverado :rofl:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
any from north jersey wanna go and need a ride? my truck is in the shop through next week, and I am currently driving a crew cab silverado :rofl:
whatd u rent that for?
when are you leaving cause miller's truck is gonna be packed with the suprise we are bringin

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
whatd u rent that for?
when are you leaving cause miller's truck is gonna be packed with the suprise we are bringin
that was all they had! besides, insurance is paying for part of the rental since my truck is in the shop on repairs w/ a claim.

Probably won't be leaving till 7 or 8. I got plenty of space if you or miller wanna put your bikes in my truck.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ill call you tonight. we probably arent leaving until then too. he doesnt get out of work till 8ish.
driving with that thing in the back was killing his truck. hopefully itll make it to NY

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ill call you tonight. we probably arent leaving until then too. he doesnt get out of work till 8ish.
driving with that thing in the back was killing his truck. hopefully itll make it to NY
dude I've got a full size pickup (8' bed), plus ratchet straps. Why not just put it in my truck?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll be there both days on my new cycle !!!

the little one may come down on Sunday, but no riding for that boy for quite a while
Killer! Steve, Eric, and I are coming up tonight. Can I try the new bike? I'm narrowing down my short list for next year, and coffee is still a top contender.

No riding? hurt himself? Or hockey season?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
John, I rode it for the first time last weekend and was f'ing blown away. I just have to learn to keep up with it. It was also about one million decibels quieter than my rattletrap

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
John, I rode it for the first time last weekend and was f'ing blown away. I just have to learn to keep up with it. It was also about one million decibels quieter than my rattletrap
I know! I got to ride Geoff's earlier in the season. I almost crapped my pants - I was just trying to hold on!

What size did you go with? I know Geoff's was a medium, I loved it b/c it felt like a big bmx bike with some squish.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
He changed to a Large at the end of the season. It's mine now, but they're going to powdercoat it for me. That Yellow/White combo just did not do it for me.

Any suggestions on color? I was thinking a chrome/silver with a clear on top.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why'd he decide for the large over the med? I'm just curious, I'm on the fence about sizing as well.

In terms of color, go for blue with red highlights, labatt style!

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
glad to hear you got what you deserve big boss! see you tomorrow morning for a hot cup of fun platty style.