Quantcast

The 2012 NFL thread

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Miami was quick to cut Chad Johnson for corrrrecting his wife
what did you expect ochocinco to tell his wife? the same thing you tell a girl with two black eyes?

Lions for the win, I predict we don't win the super bowl this year. But it sure would be cool....we're right there on the brink of becoming relevant....but after 32 years of disappointment I am not sure I can jump on the bandwagon yet.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
HA HA

AP
Though it doesn’t qualify as much of a surprise, the Seahawks have decided to put an early end to the Terrell Owens experiment.

Owens tweeted that he had been released, thanking “the organization 4 the opportunity.”

The 38-year-old wideout was never a lock, but didn’t help his case by reportedly being a complainer.

Given that he’s now blown through coach Pete Carroll’s camp, and Carroll has become the Father Flanagan of the league, it’s hard to imagine Owens getting many more chances.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
HA HA

AP
Though it doesn’t qualify as much of a surprise, the Seahawks have decided to put an early end to the Terrell Owens experiment.

Owens tweeted that he had been released, thanking “the organization 4 the opportunity.”

The 38-year-old wideout was never a lock, but didn’t help his case by reportedly being a complainer.

Given that he’s now blown through coach Pete Carroll’s camp, and Carroll has become the Father Flanagan of the league, it’s hard to imagine Owens getting many more chances.
Wilson is looking good though. I might be able to come out of the closet this year.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
All I saw on break was the goofing up of whether or not the Seachickens had used their 3 timeouts, then the Cardinals actually had a goal line stand for the win. Yep, my world is good for now with the Cardinals winning.

Did I mention that the Cardinals won?????

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Buffalo sucked as expected. Jackson went out injured in the first half but Spiller stepped up and showed some good potential.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I can't believe Buffalo played one game and lost David Nelson for the season, and Fred Jackson for 3-4 weeks.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
well at least there is one winning football team in the bay area..

Go Niners, nice win over Detroit. Crabtree looked great on those 3rd downs and V Davis what a beast.

Raider WTF???
Niners looked legit last night. It continues to prove that a physical dominance on the line of scrimmage, with a pounding running back and tough linebackers is the way to build a football team.

The lions kept it "sorta close" I am just glad we didn't get embrrassed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Niners looked legit last night. It continues to prove that a physical dominance on the line of scrimmage, with a pounding running back and tough linebackers is the way to build a football team.
Net rushing yards by super bowl winners in the past 8 years, starting with the most recent:

50, 51, 58, 91, 191, 181, 112, 127

Notice a trend? The results from a nearly ten billion dollar enterprise doesn't agree with you...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so happy the PAWTS lost. Now I won't have to hear about their perfect season every week until they lose in the super bowl/playoffs. Maybe they can just play like a real team, and stop being a collection of glamorous d-bags.