Quantcast

The Axe Has Fallen...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The owner came in bright and early to inform me that it will be too hard to keep me on staff at my salary after my biggest client decided to hire some punk ass freelancer.

:disgust1:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
You know Stink, we need a graphic Designer at Maps.com
How's Santa Barbara sound? ;)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
1. crap in paper bag
2. light paper bag on fire
3. throw flaming poo bag at owner
4. hilarity ensues

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That blows. Sorry to hear it.

Should we turn this thread into a discussion about appropriate revenge tactics, or are you bowing out gracefully? :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That's a downer. Although, I was once laid off and it lead to one of the best summers ever! Make the best of it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You should take the advice of Sam Kinnison:

"LIVE WHERE THE FOOD IS! YOU LIVE IN A DESERT! YOU LIVE IN A F**KING DESERT! NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE! NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE! YOU SEE THIS? HUH? THIS IS SAND. KNOW WHAT IT'S GONNA BE A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW? IT'S GONNA BE SAND! YOU LIVE IN A F**KING DESERT! GET YOUR STUFF, GET YOUR $HIT, WE'LL MAKE ONE TRIP, WE'LL TAKE YOU TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA -- WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN THEM, A$$HOLES!"

(meant to cheer you up.)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
have your next door neighbor send the owner some naked pics ala moff quigley style and bam! instant scandal.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So what are they giving you? Severance? Employment through a certain date or do you have to be out by the end of the week? A goodbye hummer from the company secretary? A big ol' "F-you"?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So what are they giving you? Severance? Employment through a certain date or do you have to be out by the end of the week? A goodbye hummer from the company secretary? A big ol' "F-you"?
There was mention of a couple weeks severance, and they will use me for freelance and the owner was/is very sincere about losing me but being 40 is not the best age for this market, so maybe I'll regroup and head in another direction. Or maybe not.

:weee:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nah - I think watching a downward spiral of the inestimable SB would be quite entertaining! Sort of like Blue.... only less retarded. :D
You are assuming he has far to fall before reaching bottom. I think it would be more like wathing a skydiver jump out of an airplane that is still on the ground.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stinkyboy said:
I was checking out the hardly used Pings last night. Maybe I'll go pro!
You know that the pro sponsors frown upon drinking during competitions, right?

edit: ninja quote!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I am not a religious man but please lord, in the name of all that is decent and good in the world, do not let this man launch "stinkyboytv.com".

Sorry to hear the news, that sucks