Quantcast

The bands that suck......

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i went to see Judas Priest play back in the 80's and Great White opened for them. they sucked so bad the crowd booed the guitarist off the stage as he was doing this total rip off of VH's eruption with a bit of his own bad playing thrown in. he stopped playing, walked off stage and about 30 sec. later the house lights came on and the crew started to break down their gear!! also remembering seeing Yngvie Malmsteen (spelling?) open for AC/DC and not being all that impressed. he was so loud that it was tough to appreciate his playing.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Of Unlikely Endings.
Look them up, they're some little screamo band from my school who thinks they're tough. It's pretty damn sad. They think they're big time.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
...come to think of it, every single opener i saw in ireland was crap aside from Asian Dub Foundation who opened for Radiohead. they were quite good.
I saw them about 10 years ago. God I am old.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
this entire thread should be a testament to the fact that even when trying extremely hard to be 'cool' and listen to bands that no one has ever heard of (like many listed in this thread already, whodathunkit), that they really in fact suck, and even further concretes the reason why (full circle here), no one has heard of them/likes them. going to be a hypocrite here, but i never understood why unknown bands carry so much cool factor, sure the music may be good, but liking these bands primarily for their underground status is lame-o; popular bands aren't always popluar because they sell out, they're popluar because their music is good.

selling records & being popular [not equal to] being a sell-out or making crappy music

not going to name any names, but one poster in particular spits off obscure band names like ticker tape that might have a following of, oh, 10,000 people or so at best. i just get a kick of out his ultimate 'cool-ness' and total wealth of music knowledge and laugh to myself everytime i see a new unknown band mentioned worthy of solidifying said persons 'cool-ness' even further.

/end of rant. :busted:

oh, BTW, NICKELBACK BLOWS

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I went to a Rise Against show a few months ago. I should have showed up about 2.5 hrs late. Gaslight Anthem, Alkaline Trio, and Thrice opened for them, and all sucked. Rise Against put on a pretty good show though.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I went to a Rise Against show a few months ago. I should have showed up about 2.5 hrs late. Gaslight Anthem, Alkaline Trio, and Thrice opened for them, and all sucked. Rise Against put on a pretty good show though.
Have to disagree about gaslight anthem, but hey, to each his own...

a friend of mine got free tickets to a tegan and sarah show. Went hammered, didn't helped, it still was horrible. They should have made out.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

a friend of mine got free tickets to a tegan and sarah show. Went hammered, didn't helped, it still was horrible. They should have made out.
Really? Which night were you there? I thought Gaslight was by far the worst band there.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Uh...Different show, San fran I believe. I liked them, they had alot of energy, but they are not everyones type of music, ya know?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I saw them on Halloween. The guys in Thrice wore monkey masks that didn't stay in place which was entertaining.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Uh...Different show, San fran I believe. I liked them, they had alot of energy, but they are not everyones type of music, ya know?
Heh. Maybe they put on a better show when you saw them. The show I was at, they looked dead. No energy at all. The singer mumbled everything really badly, and the instrumentals were sloppy. It was ugly.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
ive never seen them live but ive been listening to their albums pretty much nonstop for the last couple of months. solid stuff.

i saw 311 in birmingham back in the day and it was by far the worst live show ive ever seen. the place was half empty, the band had zero energy and they only played about a 45 min set. weird since i saw them in atlanta about 6 months before that and the show was pretty amazing and they played for 2+ hours. pretty much ruined the band for me, and i cant really listen to them much anymore.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Primus. Sucked animal ass live. They got boo-ed off the stage....of course, they were on right before Slayer...

I saw the SNL performance from Finch. I didn't know who the hell they were. That made me want to eat my brains.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

I saw them with rise against and thrice, I was very much pleasantly surprised.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I went to that same tour with a couple of friends, I though gaslight anthem was pretty sweet, Alkaline Trio just sucks and Thrice played terrible songs. Rise against was cool, but I miss 3 years ago when you could still see them at a smaller venue.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I went to that same tour with a couple of friends, I though gaslight anthem was pretty sweet, Alkaline Trio just sucks and Thrice played terrible songs. Rise against was cool, but I miss 3 years ago when you could still see them at a smaller venue.
I like Thrice alright, but hated their choice of set. I'll agree there. Still think Gaslight sucked though.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
I like their older stuff MUCH better. And they played almost exclusively stuff off their newer albums.
yeah the older stuff is pretty rad as well, definitely better suited for a live show, i just appreciated the newer stuff too. at least its something different as opposed to rise against who pretty much just puts out the same album every couple of years. its still good, but the songs off all their albums are pretty much interchangeable.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Blink 182 were apallingly awful. The drummer couldn't even keep time. The worst live band I ever saw by far was the Firm, Jimmy Page sucked live. I confirmed this again by seeing him play with the Black Crowes version of Zepp.....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
tool....boring.
Its funny. I thought so too. My Brother on the other hand thought they were great. All I know is I had to pee and because my brother bought the ticket I held it until after what might have been described as an encore was over. I was also hoping that something cool would happen as they were a giant let down..... Nothing cool happened however.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I couldn't think of a better place to say that I LOL'd my ass off @ the Nickelback tour advertisment playing on the right.

Seen them 3 time and was happy with the show each time. Saw the first show they played in LA and they brought a ton of good energy and won me over. Also saw them headline a show at the Whiskey and they brought it all over again to a smaller stage. Can't say I'm their biggest fan, or that they are my favorite band, but I don't hate them as much as most people think I should. Though, I doubt I'll buy all their albums or go to another show.

As for Zark's earlier post about LOA - dead on :mad:

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
tool....boring.
I saw Tool on their 10,000 Days tour with Big Business opening, and by far the coolest part was when Danny Carey played a fairly lengthy solo, during which roadies brought Big Business's drummer's set back out and the two had a pretty cool drum battle. Not sure how stoked the rest of the crowd was, but as a drummer I thought it was good times.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Escape the Fate (with Craig), they thought they were all big time rockstars.:disgust1:

Protest the Hero wasn't great either, mostly because the lead singer is a douche.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I saw Tool on their 10,000 Days tour with Big Business opening, and by far the coolest part was when Danny Carey played a fairly lengthy solo, during which roadies brought Big Business's drummer's set back out and the two had a pretty cool drum battle. Not sure how stoked the rest of the crowd was, but as a drummer I thought it was good times.
Coady rocks. great drummer.

rockarollah

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
Waterloo, ON
I paid to see Nickleback and Default in 2001. Was new to town, and one of my new friends convinced me to go :disgust:. Default was crappy no doubt; Nickelback was so-so to decent, have seen worse. They brought out Jerry Cantrell as a surprise guest and played Man In The Box for a decent rock'n'roll moment.

I saw U2 last fall at the Skydome and was so, so disappointed. They didn't sound good (hard to in a 50,000+ arena), butchered The Unforgettable Fire and Bono was cheesy as hell. And their new album tunes lick balls. (Sexy boots!) I mean, I wasn't exactly expecting an intimate show, and didn't pay for the tickets, but still...

And second, third, fourth, whatever the Smashing Pumpkins. Not that impressive live.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
U2. Bono needs to be dragged out into the middle of the street and shot for being such a scuzzy waste of my air. And Owen Wilson. And Ben Stiller.

Yes, it's one of those nights.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I've seen Dropkick Murphys at least twice. Once was good, once one of the singers was so hammered he could barely stand up. He was slurring his words as he tried to sing.

On a positive note I saw The Violent Femmes a few years ago. Spot on, those guys sounded awesome.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
U2. Bono needs to be dragged out into the middle of the street and shot for being such a scuzzy waste of my air. And Owen Wilson. And Ben Stiller.

Yes, it's one of those nights.
Stiller, Sandler, and Ferrell should form the worlds least funny conglomerate and produce awful music so al qaeda will have something to hate more than skyscrapers.