Quantcast

The Customized thread!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Thats straight up badass, I have never seen a naked R6 before.
Surprisingly easy to do, at least the relatively mild job I did:
- 86 the plastics, except the tail (I need to be able to transport the GF with me from time to time)
- remount gauges to upper triple
- wire and mount new headlights and signals (hella angel eyes shown, now has a buell XB setup)
- Fatbars on risers into drilled upper triple, kept the Scotts damper by extending the tower and using a Scotts dirtbike upper clamp. Extended clutch cable cleaned it up but not necessary.

Now that I've done it once, I'm pretty sure any bike I own from now on is going to be a low-side than I run naked. Thanks to the 1000s of idiot 19yo's, you can pick up a perfectly straight 06-08 600RR at auction for $2k-3k if you don't give a **** about the plastics, headlights, and clipons. I now am on the lookout for a salvaged multistrada to build my own hypermotard.

The R6 weighs about 350 wet and pumps about 100hp at the rear wheel. Scared the **** out of me coming from a 650 single, but I love it now. Recently sat on a Street Triple R (AND a 696 but liked the STR more), and liked it a touch more for the narrow frame and better mid-range, but the body position was real close and mine cost about 1/3 of that and I won't feel bad when I lay it down.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
THAT is awesome. Standard or auto? Got a write-up of it anywhere?
It's auto, I had no intention of doing that to it when I bought it. There is a write-up on the Element owners club forum. do a search with my screen name.

It's not really all that current, I've changed a quite a few things since the initial build.

bad63lac

Chimp
Dec 22, 2008
North Jersey
My '63 Cadillac coupe - did the air bags myself, few other things...

3G cruiser - pinstriped, pimp gold chain, other bits... soon to get a Brooks seat...

My daily - '08 Burban, KMC Monsters, de-chromed, custom machined/ano'd valve caps, other bits...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
where the hell did you get those valve caps??? i must buy

nice 'Burban too...it needs to be murdered out some more though. and nice work on the bag setup on the caddy

what part of north Jersey you from?

sndct_

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
Made a sprocket out of 7075-T6 aluminum. It´s been great so far. Some minor changes were made to later models, thickened the edges near the teeth etc.

I´ve been playing with anodizing lately. Hopefully I get it working soon.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
built these pipes out of a cut up set of TPI camaro headers. 1 5/8 mild, MIG, 32&35" length, integrated anti reversion cones into the spigots. good midrange-top end power with little loss of low end. its easy to hear them.
on that bike I also sectioned/reshaped the stock seat, built a bunch of small parts, and undid a lot of wyoming fab including a guzzi style kickstand and trailer mounts. :shocked:

Attachments

Last edited:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I'll play: The perfect mini-truck. (Totally useless.)

Most of the work was done by friends, especially the paint and body work. Let me know if you want it. ;)

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Rebuilt an old Banshee for a kid.

From this:

To this:

Rebuild an early 80s Electa cruiser for the lady:

331 Stroker for a Mustang. Built in a Dart block:

Learning to paint about 10 years ago on a friends ski: