Quantcast

The Darwin thread

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Here's your sign

A Cupertino woman was killed in Yosemite National Park Sunday.

Xuan Wang, 56, was hiking the popular Mist Trail "when she was struck by falling rock and ice," a statement from the park reads.

"She succumbed to her injuries soon thereafter," the statement continues.

The Mist Trail follows the Merced River on a steep climb to Vernal Fall and is closed in winter due to icy and hazardous conditions. A gate and sign are placed at the trailhead to stop visitors from entering.

"Wang ignored the signs, went around the gate and the incident happened on the trail leading to Vernal Fall," the park said.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Yosemite-death-Mist-Trail-falling-rock-13643448.php

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Next time...:popcorn:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/433160-unvaccinated-6-year-old-boy-from-oregon-was-states-first-tetanus-case-in

Excluding the costs of air transportation, inpatient rehabilitation and ambulatory follow-ups, inpatient charges for the boy totaled $811,929.

But despite “extensive review of the risks and benefits of tetanus vaccination by physicians,” the boy’s parents declined a second dose of the tetanus-fighting medication and “any other recommended immunizations.”

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
That smile smirk is the perfect picture for describing the phrase "the cat that swallowed the canary." Makes me wanna smack my monitor...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
?? Story?
Look on the steel beam and see the finger streaks on the top and the side. See stain on asphalt. That was cerebral leakage. The guy was laying crumpled in the under pass bleeding to death and everyone was cruising by. Before he passed on someone stopped and called 911. I became aware of the scene after people stopped but before the ER showed up. Probably a 20 foot fall onto his face.