Quantcast

The exits that can not be named.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Borneo said:
Two questions:
Why keep building there if they're gonna shut it down?

And, what's this "Mugatu" stuff? Any relation to the now defunct, "Mugatu's Runway" at SnoqRdg? That was a sweet piece of elevation until it became a rotting pile on the forest floor.

well the ribbon of woods that two seven is built in happens to be on private land...kinda neat that way....there is only a small number of meters we are using that is not on priv land..and this is where the forest ranger info came into play for me....

we decided that, after watching zoolander for the n-teenth time, the best name for our trail was something to do with the movie. so we named it derelicte:

the whole mugatu thing is frank's obsession with will ferrell i think..i dont really know. anywho...

we are going to keep building until we are done. this whole dnr/forest service thing has put a bit of a fright in all the builders out there in one way or another, but what can you do? until the signs are posted, i dont think anyone is going to stop doing what they are doing.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
so where is your trail? (not meaning actual directions) but is it at 27 or 38? i guess ive missed it if there was already mention if it. I know in the other 38 thread you meantion "our trailhead".....

is there permission for the building of 27? the stuff on private land? or do the owners not know about it?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
oh, hey...no, not on 38...its near 27. our friend is building at 38 near tippy top..thats prob where the confusion came in...sorry :)

27 is on priv land and according to all of the people I have spoken with, the owner doesnt seem to care...now i have never spoken with the owner, nor seen him/her/them, but i have no reason to not believe the core builders of 27...right?

i picked up a property map or dnr/forest/priv land and thats how we decided upon our trail location...we were coming really close to a christmas tree farm and were warned about that...aparently the owner of that doesnt like hikers or bikers..go figure.

our trail was once a good secret, now we get tons of visitors on sunny days...and sometimes people offer 10 minutes of their time to help..which is always appreciated *hint hint* :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Talkingmonkey said:
Oh, you will be.
I'm gonna green screen your head onto crashes.
Every time someone bites it, it's gonna be you.

You probably wouldn't like the sound anyway. It's fast and heavy. Sadly, I don't have any Tragically Hip to put in there.
Actually, thats not so sad. They suck.
I have no footage of the exits that must not be named. Bummer. Looks like I wont get any now either.
Are you making the vid? Is that download meant as a teaser?

I liked the music..... but the vid needs less choppy fast edits..... i dont have ADD so it left me sorta dizzy.....

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Skookum said:
Fire the video editer.... i thought i was gonna go into convulsions halfway thru because of all the cut-aways.
Actually, the video editor was my computer. I was testing the auto movie maker function of my new video editing program. It randomly select's a bunch of video and cuts it all up. I just tell it what music to play behind it. Kinda weird. I personally wouldn't cut things up like that.

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
oly said:
Are you making the vid? Is that download meant as a teaser?

I liked the music..... but the vid needs less choppy fast edits..... i dont have ADD so it left me sorta dizzy.....
Yeah, kindof a teaser, mostly just a test of an auto movie generator function in a new video editing program. It's interesting to me, but then, I've seen it all many times. Whenever I finish the DVD, it won't be anything like that.