Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Love that corridor^^

Love even more how white people flock to a crime story, thinking that shoplifting and train looting just got invented.
People of a certain political bent will grab on to it and it will dominate their narrative for the next 30/40/50 years. :rolleyes:

My MIL still brings up the Cadillac Queen trope to dismiss *all* social safety programs as a useless waste of money. :mad:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
People of a certain political bent will grab on to it and it will dominate their narrative for the next 30/40/50 years. :rolleyes:

My MIL still brings up the Cadillac Queen trope to dismiss *all* social safety programs as a useless waste of money. :mad:
This was published a week ago.

But the train robbing shit is getting nationwide coverage.......

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This was published a week ago.

But the train robbing shit is getting nationwide coverage.......
Gee and I was driving on 80 and 880 in Oakland and Richmond today. 10 years ago I got winged in the left shoulder by a ricochet at 80 and San Pablo ave (caught in a cross fire) felt like someone took a baseball bat to my left shoulder.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
gnarly

how do you know it was a ricochet? Hit your car first?
pulled out of a medical facility onto San Pablo heading towards 80. I had my window open. Lady in a wheelchair in back. We hear popping and look up to see two cars side by side shooting at each other. I can see sparks. I swing towards the curb, She yells those are 9mm ( she lives in the hood) and I hear a thump behind me and then something hit my shoulder. I had a uniform shirt with a EMT patch on the shoulder under a winter EMS jacket that also hat a sewn on EMT patch. I must have yelled because she said are you hit? my response was something hit me, are you OK? She said yeah I unbuckled and rolled onto the floor. I said hang on I'll get us out of here and floored it. A few blocks later I pulled over to check myself out. No blood, huge bruise on my shoulder, hole in my jacket patch and jacket, shirt was intact. Got effing lucky

That's why I wear a kevlar vest down there these days
IMG_20220117_195516327.jpg

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
pulled out of a medical facility onto San Pablo heading towards 80. I had my window open. Lady in a wheelchair in back. We hear popping and look up to see two cars side by side shooting at each other. I can see sparks. I swing towards the curb, She yells those are 9mm ( she lives in the hood) and I hear a thump behind me and then something hit my shoulder. I had a uniform shirt with a EMT patch on the shoulder under a winter EMS jacket that also hat a sewn on EMT patch. I must have yelled because she said are you hit? my response was something hit me, are you OK? She said yeah I unbuckled and rolled onto the floor. I said hang on I'll get us out of here and floored it. A few blocks later I pulled over to check myself out. No blood, huge bruise on my shoulder, hole in my jacket patch and jacket, shirt was intact. Got effing lucky

That's why I wear a kevlar vest down there these days
View attachment 170494
You actually got hit by a round? Holy shit! That is wild and scary as hell!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
You actually got hit by a round? Holy shit! That is wild and scary as hell!
Richmond scares the crap out of me after dark. I was unloading a client in the Iron Triangle and someone on the other side of the fence in the projects unloaded a full clip not 30 feet from me. In our Ambulance in Oakland we just got out of one hood on 72nd and Bancroft by the skin of our teeth. by the next morning 5 Oakland police officers were dead right there. its nucking futz in the hood

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No shit, wow. We went fishing out of Richmond a few times, there are some pretty good bay charters that work out of there. We sure as hell didn't stop in the city at all though. My Grandma moved to Vallejo when it was actually decent and while she was there, it just went to shit and she ended up in gangland-central. Felt really bad for her with how that unfolded.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I'm also going to cross post this in the covid thread, but
FUCK MORMONS!!!!!!
Kiribalti after 2 years had only had 2 case's of covid..... Mormon church charters a flight there and of the 54 mormons on board 40 had covid.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm also going to cross post this in the covid thread, but
FUCK MORMONS!!!!!!
Kiribalti after 2 years had only had 2 case's of covid..... Mormon church charters a flight there and of the 54 mormons on board 40 had covid.

Spreading gods love through disease is very christian

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001