Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You're right. I have no problems with e-bikes for touring, but there is little hope for humanity if the answer to a broken chain is a tow truck:

Well at least it didn't break their back?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You're right. I have no problems with e-bikes for touring, but there is little hope for humanity if the answer to a broken chain is a tow truck:

I want to see more of this tow truck! Dual axles but light duty? Transit or VW equivalent van body up front? FWD?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

So you were there, did have time to hang around until the tow truck appeared and didn't help the e-biker?
Nice, that is the spirit! :thumb: :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
VW T6 double cab, no idea which wheels are driven and I don’t see VW offering it from the factory in this configuration.

View attachment 148540

This is the T5:https://m.mobile.de/lkw-inserat/volkswagen-t5-fitzel-abschleppwagen-augsburg/303373211.html?ref=srp&lang=en
That is awesome. I bet it's FWD, as integrating the available AllMotion into those funny small axles with different sized tires than the front ones would be a pain.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
That is awesome. I bet it's FWD, as integrating the available AllMotion into those funny small axles with different sized tires than the front ones would be a pain.

This is in Teutonic only , but they do offer the option of 4motion: https://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/de/modelle/transporter-6-1-pritschenwagen.html?---={"modelle_transporter-6-1-pritschenwagen_sectiongroup_572005166_featureappsection_13":"/+/1"}

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yes, but if that's not fitted then it's FWD, so FWD is definitely a (the most?) plausible option, which is cool in and of itself.