Quantcast

The Lizard People Who Run Bikemag

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I went riding today with the family. So many fucking asshat roadies in team replica kits
I was out on my reign yesterday I have a 6 mile mix of road riding and "canal trail" type of paths to get to the local bike park trails I saw 2 roadies all kitted up starting a climb as I came off auburn trail, I put my head down and pushed my fat ass to the limit passed them about half way up the climb kept pushing as hard as I could at the top turned right as I was going down I noticed they were " tour de france drafting" me. I told them to get off my rear wheel they did not move so I took a big drink from camel back turned my head and gave the guy on my rear wheel a face full of water.........lmao......they dropped way back I got to the trail head and had a sweet ride

so just ride on the rear wheel of a total stranger wtf they were wearing a local bike shop kit that makes all their customers "drink the koolaid" because they are superior to the rest of us common folk

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
so just ride on the rear wheel of a total stranger wtf they were wearing a local bike shop kit that makes all their customers "drink the koolaid" because they are superior to the rest of us common folk
Which shop... Park Ave or Tryon?

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Park Ave

I've had a heard of their "dirt roadies" come up behind me at OCP yelling " yeild to the superior riders" like I was trespassing on their own personal closed race course

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was out on my reign yesterday I have a 6 mile mix of road riding and "canal trail" type of paths to get to the local bike park trails I saw 2 roadies all kitted up starting a climb as I came off auburn trail, I put my head down and pushed my fat ass to the limit passed them about half way up the climb kept pushing as hard as I could at the top turned right as I was going down I noticed they were " tour de france drafting" me. I told them to get off my rear wheel they did not move so I took a big drink from camel back turned my head and gave the guy on my rear wheel a face full of water.........lmao......they dropped way back I got to the trail head and had a sweet ride

Did you stop at the Monroe Foodmart on the way home? Grey Reign which you parked inside the store?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I find these rail/canal trails to be incredibly dangerous. My wife was hit head-on by one such asshole who did not feel like slowing down for a traffic jam ahead of him and just swerved wide left straight into her. I had to use a lot of restrain not to beat the shit out of him on the spot.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Park Ave

I've had a heard of their "dirt roadies" come up behind me at OCP yelling " yeild to the superior riders" like I was trespassing on their own personal closed race course
sadly somethings never change. they had one or 2 dickweeds on their roster back when i was there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
along those lines, when i lived in NJ i had an incident on trail with a shop sponsored rider. i was descending ahead of these two guys (only one was sponsored, or at least wearing the shop kit). there was a climbing rider so i slowed and stopped trailside as a courtesy to yield. said shitheels that were behind me and didn't slow down, and basically ran the climbing rider off the trail. he was uninjured (didn't crash or anything), just pissed at these guys and surprised. after making sure he was OK I managed to catch up to the shitheels and confronted them. i tried to be reasonable about it and explain they could have really hurt someone, and they were miffed and acted like a bunch of arrogant cockbags because they were "training for a race". I politely informed them that their training routine isn't more important than the safety of other trail riders. at this point they basically told me to fvck off.

next day i called the shop that sponsored them and managed to get hold of the owner. when i explained what i had encountered the night before he was pissed. i explained to him that if it were me, i wouldn't want riders like these representing my shop. he agreed and after asking some details about the rider in question, he knew exactly who it was and said that this wasn't the first kind of incident he caused, and was going to be relieved of his sponsorship immediately.