Quantcast

THE most metrosexual money I've ever spent.

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
This board is out of control with the metro crap...its borderline annoying...
No kidding - I am gonna head over to flaminghomomonkey.com and see if I can get them to talk about bikes or junk shaving or something.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
Sweet watch!!!!! I've been wanting to step it up one day and get a Rolex, I just wear a movado when I go out to nice places. My dad has the Rolex President:drool:
when i go out to nice places, i flash my usual time piece.

J

JRB

I have a $30 timex on right now. I have a Fossil with a dead battery in a drawer at home. Worrying about what watch someone is wearing is stupid. I think that high priced watches are stupid, but different strokes.

J

JRB

narlus said:
when i go out to nice places, i flash my usual time piece.

I wish I had that case 2 weeks ago and I wouldn't have had to get a new phone.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
I have a $30 timex on right now. I have a Fossil with a dead battery in a drawer at home. Worrying about what watch someone is wearing is stupid. I think that high priced watches are stupid, but different strokes.
I have a thing for watches, what can I say. Plus, a good buddy of mine works at a local jewelery store, so I've been able to get most (if not all now that I think about it) at significant discount.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
I have a thing for watches, what can I say. Plus, a good buddy of mine works at a local jewelery store, so I've been able to get most (if not all now that I think about it) at significant discount.
It's cool - just saying it's not my thing.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
There is a difference between a functional timepiece and jewelry. Expensive watches aren't my thing either, but I can certainly see why people like them.

My watches are usually in the $50 range.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
There is a difference between a functional timepiece and jewelry. Expensive watches aren't my thing either, but I can certainly see why people like them.

My watches are usually in the $50 range.
I think they are beautiful, but I place value on other things. I see why people do it. Hell - I can see spending a grand or more on cowboy boots if that is your thing. I paid $300 for boots to wear in the mud before, so I see people's deal.

As for phones - I keep mine on vibrate most of the time.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I had a pretty decent TAG knockoff that my 2nd wife thought was real. It disappeared the same time she did. I wish I could have seen the look on her face at the p3wn shop.

:rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had a very nice "rolex" I got in the UAE for $120. It was 18k with a satin silver stripe on the band and Seiko internals. It was very nice, but I would have never paid retail for the real thing. Gold was so cheap there, sheesh.

I like nice watches, but I have a limit since I tend to break/loose them quickly.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
OGRipper said:
Not sure I can see dropping the coin but I would like an Omega Seamaster.
:drool:

When I was shopping for watches, Jenn picked one of the Omega titanium diving watches (I'm guessing it was one of the Seamasters) out as her favorite. It was a beautiful, beautiful watch... and then we noticed it was $2,000. :dead:

I absolutely see the appeal of a really nice watch. I wear a titanium Citizen Eco-Drive diving watch now and love it - but it was really at the edge of the price range for what I'd consider wearing. I don't make enough money for me to feel comfortable using a super expensive watch as something I wear every day.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
binary visions said:
:drool:

When I was shopping for watches, Jenn picked one of the Omega titanium diving watches (I'm guessing it was one of the Seamasters) out as her favorite. It was a beautiful, beautiful watch... and then we noticed it was $2,000. :dead:
This is the classic Seamaster I really like and have seen around for roughly $1500, it's all the watch I'll ever need or want and really not that expensive compared to rolex, cartier, etc.:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
OGRipper said:
This is the classic Seamaster I really like and have seen around for roughly $1500, it's all the watch I'll ever need or want and really not that expensive compared to rolex, cartier, etc.:

Yep, that's the one, only Jenn had picked out the blue face with the silver bevel.

Really, really sweet watch but again, I just don't make the kind of money that I'd feel comfortable knocking around in a $1500 watch. And I'm not the kind of person who puts on different watches for different occasions.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I barely ever wear watches, but when I do its a Casio G-shock. Tough little bastard that hasn't broken yet, unlike my previous ___ watches.

I also have a nice Seiko that my parents gave me when I became an Eagle Scout. That comes out for the occasions on which I must look fancy or something.

For every day I just use my cell phone.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't mind a Chono Seamaster, but the Speedmaster is where it’s at! Although I don't like all models - this one is one of my all time fav's