Quantcast

THE most metrosexual money I've ever spent.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh Boooooooooooooyeeeeeeeeee

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/clickit/search?r_aid=E4628EE7AB25419C8983529C26ED0080&r_eop=14&r_sacop=15&r_spf=0&r_cop=main-title&r_snpp=15&r_spp=1&qqn=1RW%27!mdA&r_coid=372380&rawto=http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page1

G-dammit how do you get a pic to work how it's sposed to? A chimp should know how to do this.... I'm so embarrassed.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
I don't make enough money for me to feel comfortable using a super expensive watch as something I wear every day.
That's what I used to think... but after many broken watches and now a handful of good ones, the expensive ones hold up better than the cheap one. Granted, there's a difference between spending $1000 and $4000 on a watch, but a good one is definitely worth the money if you wear them regularly, IMO.

I went through lots of seikos, citezens, casios, timexes, etc. before I got my Tag. I've had it for over 10 years, it's had the crap beaten out of it, and all I've had to do is replace the battery - once.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jacksonpt said:
That's what I used to think... but after many broken watches and now a handful of good ones, the expensive ones hold up better than the cheap one. Granted, there's a difference between spending $1000 and $4000 on a watch, but a good one is definitely worth the money if you wear them regularly, IMO.

I went through lots of seikos, citezens, casios, timexes, etc. before I got my Tag. I've had it for over 10 years, it's had the crap beaten out of it, and all I've had to do is replace the battery - once.
My experience is similar to JBP. I had a g-shock I got for $45.00 in 1985 and it lasted until I used it as a bribe in Russia 4 years ago.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
OGRipper said:
This is the classic Seamaster I really like and have seen around for roughly $1500, it's all the watch I'll ever need or want and really not that expensive compared to rolex, cartier, etc.:

my dad is into watches.
my favourite omega, is the speedmaster. they came up with a carbon faced dial michael schummacher edition a few years ago. my dad had one. awesome watch.

for everyday, i wear a tissot and several cheap but nice quartz others my mom´s company sells. i like leather/cocodrile straps.

i think gold watches are tacky. but a few tastefuls combos (the blue dial submariner with a gold/steel strap, a personal favourite) are neat.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Da Peach said:
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh Boooooooooooooyeeeeeeeeee

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/clickit/search?r_aid=E4628EE7AB25419C8983529C26ED0080&r_eop=14&r_sacop=15&r_spf=0&r_cop=main-title&r_snpp=15&r_spp=1&qqn=1RW%27!mdA&r_coid=372380&rawto=http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page1

G-dammit how do you get a pic to work how it's sposed to? A chimp should know how to do this.... I'm so embarrassed.
freakin' n00b

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Acadian said:
Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't mind a Chono Seamaster, but the Speedmaster is where it’s at! Although I don't like all models - this one is one of my all time fav's....
Yeah they are all friggin' sweet, and sure, I would take a Speedmaster. That one is a little too busy for me - how about this one:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
just out of curiosity, why?
It's just an aesthetic thing; I don't like a busy watch face.

I don't spend any amount of my day to day life timing things where a stopwatch function is necessary, and for any sports related activity that will require a stopwatch, I'll use a $10 disposable digital watch that I won't be heartbroken about when I go OTB and the face gets whacked on a pointy rock.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Da Peach said:
What's the Tachymeter do again? Rates or something right?
do you mean the numbers on the crown (or whatever the border is called) that you can rotate?

its a scale, with the math already done, to tell your speed after you synchronize the start points.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
binary visions said:
You know, some days, it really is...
and you know.. if your watch has a perpetual calendar... that be pretty cool too, so you dont have to synchronize it every 4 years in exchange of 10k bucks that complication costs......

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
ALEXIS_DH said:
do you mean the numbers on the crown (or whatever the border is called) that you can rotate?

its a scale, with the math already done, to tell your speed after you synchronize the start points.
Doesn't seem that useful. Comes in handy for racing I guess.

Or, maybe, if the watch is ugly, it can tell you just how ugly with a Tackymeter! Guffaw. I kill me.:rolleyes:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I bought a TAG back when I was young and single. I've since sold it and bought a Freestyle watch and a new fork for my bike. I wish I had more expensive crap to unload. So I guess the moral is, buy it when you have the dough so you'll have a decent income source later.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
gnurider1080 said:
well at least that makes my $95 sunglasses not seem so frivolous anymore.
Hrm....MMike makes my Maui Jims seem very reasonable. Although, to be honest, with my light eyes, I can't see sh!t in the sun without a good pair of glasses. And boy can those things take abuse.

H8R said:
No, past the $150 mark they are: "Kill-my-metro-ass-before-I-spend-my-kids-inheritance-a-liscious"
So where does $325 land me?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I've been eying one of these for a while now, so perhaps soon. Same ETA movement as a rolex at half the price, and understated for classy people like me :D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
atrokz said:
I've been eying one of these for a while now, so perhaps soon. Same movement as a rolex at half the price, and understated for classy people like me :D

get a zenith, same guts as the daytona, or an iwc portuguese (the ultimate understated).

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
You sissys. Most 'metro' money I ever spent?
Try not to scratch your time pieces next time yer squatin to pee.

Attachments