Quantcast

The Mt. Wilson Shuttle Run & BBQ Spectacular

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Is this going to be trumped by the Mt. Baldy meeting? Priorities can be a bitch...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MikeD said:
Is this going to be trumped by the Mt. Baldy meeting? Priorities can be a bitch...
This will not (should not) be trumped by the baldy meeting. Conrad and I have decided to arrange the meeting on either Sunday or Monday and have a discussion about it after the ride Saturday.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
question...

should i show up with my full face hellmet and body armour...?

or this is a more XC type of ride?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Open-face helmet, maybe knee/shin pads. That's what I wear. Elbows if you're paranoid.

MD

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Don't forget to ride! :D

I will be posting the location of the park later today. I have one BBQ but it's not very big. Due to all the other activity we will likely have more people than anticipated. Can anyone bring another BBQ?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
I can try... charcol okay?
Is there any other way besides charcoal? No Hank Hill propane flavored meat here :D

I am really looking forward to riding this sat! Gonna be fun!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Heh, I'm over 25 by a couple of years, so if you're driving, I know the way. Still planning on going. Is Conrad coming as well?

MD

L

LFB

I'm still interested in riding. I forgot, where are we meeting? (I know, I could probably read through the thread, but I'm being lazy.) You can PM directions to me. Edit: man am I lame - it was in the first post.

I'm driving from North Orange County (near the 5 and 91 freeways), and if anyone needs a ride, let me know.

Oh, and what time are we meeting? The earlier the better! Oh, and if you want to do the Hilyer/Silver Mocasin run, the total ride and shuttle time is about an extra two hours from the top of Red Box.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tomorrow we ride! Then we eat!

Map to parking lot ---> http://www.punkduck.com/images/mqmapgend.gif

BBQ at Farnsworth Park on Lake ave. Map to park from parking lot ---> http://www.punkduck.com/images/parkmap.gif

I have no idea as to whether or not alcohol is allowed at the park so if you're drinking beer you may want to be descreet. I am bringing a small BBQ, some carne asada, some salsa, and some tortillas. Donations of food are most welcome.

I will have my cell phone with me if you get lost or are running a couple of minutes late. 626-437-4640

Hope to see you there!

EndoKing

Chimp
May 29, 2005
Glendale, CA
Hey Guys, that was a fun ride and a fun BBQ. It was great hanging with all of you.

Ciaran - thanks for setting that up, it was kick ass. And tell your girl thanks for staking out the BBQ spot.

FYI - This is Scott. I felt like I was missing out, not being part of Ridemonkey. So I just fixed that. If you saw the blood on my forehead today, you know why I chose the name EndoKing....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
you still goin to fontucky ciaran? if you need a place to stay you can stay with me and alf if you want
I might go to watch the races and hand out propaganda. But I'll drive there, it's not too far from me. You both wearing the tutu's?