Quantcast

The NFL "How's my team doing" thread...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I just read some stuff in another thread, so Im wondering who people's teams are here on RM and what you think of their performance so far. The season has been nuts so far, with Roethlesberger tearing it all up in Pittsburgh and Philly playing like they should have for years now.

My biggest surprise this year though, is the Arizona Cardinals. They are only 4-5, but they beat the Giants last week and are actually looking pretty good. They could sneak into the playoffs.

My team, the Chicago Bears are on a 3-game winning streak with a defense that's playing lights out. Only 1 game out of first place in the NFC north now, I dont know what to think, because they have NO offense at all. They play Indianapolis sunday. Will be a real test.

Well?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Rams. Meh. Their offense is inconsisent and their defense is consistently BAD. Still, they are 5-4 and have beaten Seattle twice, so they might actually make it into the playoffs with only 8 or 9 wins. Thank you BEARS for stealing Lovie Smith. Sonsabitches.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
Gotta love the 60 yrd pass Mcnabb threw to Mitchell Monday night.
I'm so excited this year!!!
I'm glad Sunday's game is at 4.
I'll be in Penn State for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be back for the game.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
I Are Baboon said:
Could this be the 4th year in a row the Eagles lose the NFC championship game?? :D

Alright that was a good one. :nuts:

HOWEVER

I'm just keepin it real w/ the rest of the city.
We are a jaded group of MFrs.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
iresmoke1 said:
Gotta love the 60 yrd pass Mcnabb threw to Mitchell Monday night.
I'm so excited this year!!!
I'm glad Sunday's game is at 4.
I'll be in Penn State for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be back for the game.
Not really! :angry:

The hapless 'boys are having a miserable season with the only potential silver lining being either a win on Thanksgiving against the Bears and/or a win the day after Xmas to sweep the 4skins...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im fairly sure the iggles will choke again, as we saw what happened to them with a little pressure in facing the Steelers. Just a complete collapse.

Green Bay, screw those guys. The Bears are going to beat them out in their own division. I have forseen it.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
BurlyShirley said:
Im fairly sure the iggles will choke again, as we saw what happened to them with a little pressure in facing the Steelers. Just a complete collapse.

Green Bay, screw those guys. The Bears are going to beat them out in their own division. I have forseen it.
A complete collapse?
After a winning streak like that?
mmmmmmm
They rebounded nicely.

We haven't gotten to the good stuff yet.
So we shall see.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
The Bears need to score some points, man.
Man, I know. Hopefully this weekend will be the turnaround.

Seriously though, Lovie has turned around the entire franchise. Its amazing to watch the team play now. I cant imagine how bad St. Louis is missing him. I wish we had St.Lous' offense though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Eagles will lose the SuperBowl if they make it. Their running game sucks and McNabb can only seem to pass to TO, shut that down and rack up another choke for the Eagles.

My Steelers on the other hand are doing great. I expect to see them and the Pats in the AFC championship game, winner will take the SB. I think it will come down to whether or not the Patriots can figure out the Steelers defensive schemes. No need to figure out their offense, their going to run the ball down the middle and keep the Patriots offense off the field.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
Westy said:
Eagles will lose the SuperBowl if they make it. Their running game sucks and McNabb can only seem to pass to TO, shut that down and rack up another choke for the Eagles.

My Steelers on the other hand are doing great. I expect to see them and the Pats in the AFC championship game, winner will take the SB. I think it will come down to whether or not the Patriots can figure out the Steelers defensive schemes. No need to figure out their offense, their going to run the ball down the middle and keep the Patriots offense off the field.
Whatev...
McNabb is at least passing and not running so it's a whole different game now. Besides...TO Rules. And nobody is shuttin that down.

I like the Steelers too.
My fourth grade teacher made us love the Steelers and the Rolling Stones.
He used to play their songs and make us figure out the lyrics and write them up on the chalk board.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Seahawks will be in the playoffs, their schedule is soft enough to get past the Rams. Just lost Anthony Simmons for the year, the best linebacker in a linebacker core where the Hawks have always been weakest in terms of depth.
Lotta talent on the team, lotta growing pains this year has translated to losses in every "big" game against competitive teams. This team has always seemed to heat up towards the end of the year, we'll see if that means finally winning a playoff game.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
iresmoke1 said:
Whatev...
McNabb is at least passing and not running so it's a whole different game now. Besides...TO Rules. And nobody is shuttin that down.

I like the Steelers too.
My fourth grade teacher made us love the Steelers and the Rolling Stones.
He used to play their songs and make us figure out the lyrics and write them up on the chalk board.
Steelers shut TO down big time, it can be done. Get ahead of the Eagles so they have to rule out the running game, which sucks anyway, then you can have your secondary gang up on him. If they don't get the running game working better or start hooking up with other recievers any good defense can take them down. Lukily for the Eagles the NFC had crappy defenses this year.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skookum said:
Seahawks will be in the playoffs, their schedule is soft enough to get past the Rams. Just lost Anthony Simmons for the year, the best linebacker in a linebacker core where the Hawks have always been weakest in terms of depth.
Lotta talent on the team, lotta growing pains this year has translated to losses in every "big" game against competitive teams. This team has always seemed to heat up towards the end of the year, we'll see if that means finally winning a playoff game.
Their last four games are against playoff contenders, so I wouldn't say their schedule is soft. The Rams only have three games left against teams with winning records (Green Bay, Philly, NY Jets).

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Damn True said:
Here is an update on the 49ers:

They SUCK!

.....but Id rather have a lousy 9er team w/o TO than an average team with TO. Philly, you can have him. I give the current love-affair roughly 4 months.
Hey True, as long as the Yorks own that team, they will NEVER see another championship game again.............EVER.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pats are doing well. had some problems in pittsburgh (like the eagles), but they also had their starting RB out and their d-backs were decimated too (unlike the eagles).

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
The Broncos have played great and also played like a team that doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. They have been plagued by injuries on defense but when Pryce and Lynch return that will help a lot. Plummer is a lot better than he gets credit for. I suspect they will make the playoffs but only they can determine how far they can go.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
RideND said:
The Broncos have played great and also played like a team that doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. They have been plagued by injuries on defense but when Pryce and Lynch return that will help a lot. Plummer is a lot better than he gets credit for. I suspect they will make the playoffs but only they can determine how far they can go.
Broncos won't get out of the first round.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Philly: They will win if they are ahead in a game. If they are behind and play a team with any sort of running game, they will lose. Book it. Philly simply can't stop the run. If you take a team (like Pitts.) who can quickly put points on the board and build a small lead, they will win the game because they have the running game to wear down the defense and take time off the clock. Play dime packages on D, don't get beat downfield on zone, and TO is a non-factor.

SF: It seems like they've been going through salary cap hell for the past 8 years.

Oak: No real desire to win.

Ten: Kinda my team, I've always liked watching them. With the exception of McNair, they've always been pretty lucky in regards to injuries. Whatever happened injury-wise (kears), they were always able to find someone else to fill that position and do a great job. I guess they're getting older and the defense just flat out sucks. I'm sad. Fisher is easily the best coach in the NFL right now (trust me) and will put together a winning team soon enough.

SD: Gates is the f'n man! The defense is the surprise of the team. I never really doubted the offense because they still had Tomlinson, but the defense is playing lights-out. Hopefully they'll ride the momentum through the playoffs, but only if LT is healthy.

Green Bay: My team. The Packers are the team to beat in the division, NOT the Eagles. 4th and 26? Not gonna happen this year, the Pack are going to make a solid run in the playoffs if they keep playing like they have this past month.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I Are Baboon said:
By the way, I take great joy in the SUCKNESS that is the San Francisco 49ers. Too bad they had to go and win a game. :cool:

DITTO...
The guy that sits next to me at work is a HUGE 9rs fan.
Every monday morning he comes in all pissed off.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
reflux said:
Oak: No real desire to win.
Bingo!!!!!!! I'm not saying they are a Championship caliber team, because they are not, but with the players they have they should be a wildcard 10-6, 9-7 team. They have a lot of good players on that team, and I can never fault Al Davis for putting $ into his players. Coaching is another story but we wont go there.

The 9er's don't put any $ into the team so what do you expect, blame that on the Yorks.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
-BB- said:
DITTO...
The guy that sits next to me at work is a HUGE 9rs fan.
Every monday morning he comes in all pissed off.
Worse: Everybody at works knows this guy who played on a winning team last year. They had an incredible season last year, winning a lot of good games. This year? The exact opposite. I'll just have to remember not to ask him how the season went. :dead:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
reflux said:
Green Bay: My team. The Packers are the team to beat in the division, NOT the Eagles. 4th and 26? Not gonna happen this year, the Pack are going to make a solid run in the playoffs if they keep playing like they have this past month.

yeah...whatever. Who has green bay beat?

Carolina = sucks
Detroit = sucks
Dallas = sucks
Minnesota = In the midst of yet another late season slide, PLUS no Randy Moss = Sucks
Who else was it? Washington? They suck.

Green Bay is going nowhere this year. You've got to be kidding me. The NFC north is full of pretty bad teams right now. None of which will be going anywhere this offseason. If Chicago wins Sunday, they will take the division. If not, green bay may end up with it, but they still suck.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BurlyShirley said:
Dallas = sucks
:nuts:
BurlyShirley said:
If Chicago wins Sunday, they will take the division. If not, green bay may end up with it, but they still suck.
Chicago won't even be a consideration after the 25th. Bring your alka seltzer, BS, because indigestion awaits you this Thanksgiving. Losing to sucky Dallas will REALLY suck. :nope:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
llkoolkeg said:
:nuts:

Chicago won't even be a consideration after the 25th. Bring your alka seltzer, BS, because indigestion awaits you this Thanksgiving. Losing to sucky Dallas will REALLY suck. :nope:
Chicago is on a 3 game winning streak during which the Defense has outscored the offense. If they have even a hint of offense against Dallas' suck defense and impotent offense, be prepared for a long day. Dallas is going down like Lewinsky.