Quantcast

The NFL "How's my team doing" thread...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BurlyShirley said:
Chicago is on a 3 game winning streak during which the Defense has outscored the offense.QUOTE]
Urlacher is out. Win streak is not gonna continue. Re-read your quote as to why. Green Bay? Maybe your right, but they are still playing well, I just hope their secondary will stay healthy enough.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
reflux said:
Ten: Kinda my team, I've always liked watching them. With the exception of McNair, they've always been pretty lucky in regards to injuries. Whatever happened injury-wise (kears), they were always able to find someone else to fill that position and do a great job. I guess they're getting older and the defense just flat out sucks. I'm sad. Fisher is easily the best coach in the NFL right now (trust me) and will put together a winning team soon enough.
Yep. I am pretty disappointed in my Titans this year.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
reflux said:
BurlyShirley said:
Chicago is on a 3 game winning streak during which the Defense has outscored the offense.QUOTE]
Urlacher is out. Win streak is not gonna continue. Re-read your quote as to why. Green Bay? Maybe your right, but they are still playing well, I just hope their secondary will stay healthy enough.

Green Bay just doesnt have it, and its not the players' fault. Its that idiot Mike Sherman. You have players on your defense who dont belong in the NFL at all, and that idiot cut Hunter Hillenmeyer (Urlachers Backup) and he is just about as good.
If you been watching, Urlacher has missed most the season, and is not the reason for Chicago's success. The D-Line has been brutal (sacked Warner 7 times) and are making turnover left and right. If it comes down to the last game of the season Chicago vs. Green Bay for the NFC North championship, my ass will be in Chicago to watch it.
I went sunday and watched the Bears D own the Titans it was so great...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
About 15 years ago I followed football, rooted for the Bills. Went to a couple games a year, had a couple T-shirts. Then all the good players retired or got traded, and I discovered that caring about football is a huge waste of time. I do find it pretty funny though, how even when they suck donkey balls like they have the last few years, they are always talking about how they are so close to being a great team :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BurlyShirley said:
Green Bay just doesnt have it, and its not the players' fault. Its that idiot Mike Sherman. You have players on your defense who dont belong in the NFL at all, and that idiot cut Hunter Hillenmeyer (Urlachers Backup) and he is just about as good.
If you been watching, Urlacher has missed most the season, and is not the reason for Chicago's success. The D-Line has been brutal (sacked Warner 7 times) and are making turnover left and right. If it comes down to the last game of the season Chicago vs. Green Bay for the NFC North championship, my ass will be in Chicago to watch it.
I went sunday and watched the Bears D own the Titans it was so great...
Dude, the Titans suck this year,

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Brian HCM#1 said:
Dude, the Titans suck this year,
Yes. Yes they do. But it was still beautiful to be in a stadium full of Titans fans and have my team win, as I was clad in my personalized Bears' jersey.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Yo BS,

I'll hand it to Chicago, they did a good job against the Titans. But, if you look at injury reports, the Titans lost two of their starters to injured reserve from that Chicago game. Maybe losing two starters during the game gave Chicago the upperhand?

Giant's o-line? You want respect for owning that line? Carolina, arguably the most ravaged (from injuries) defensive line right now, could sack Warner. The o-line is flat out horrible and it's been a common complaint of coaches throughout the season that Warner's been holding the ball at least a second longer than he should.

Plus, when Urlacher was out, they actually had an offense when both Jones and Grossman were healthy.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Safety Dance. Safety Dance. Safety Dance.

Why are they playing that song on the radio in Chicago?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
reflux said:
Yo BS,

I'll hand it to Chicago, they did a good job against the Titans. But, if you look at injury reports, the Titans lost two of their starters to injured reserve from that Chicago game. Maybe losing two starters during the game gave Chicago the upperhand?

Giant's o-line? You want respect for owning that line? Carolina, arguably the most ravaged (from injuries) defensive line right now, could sack Warner. The o-line is flat out horrible and it's been a common complaint of coaches throughout the season that Warner's been holding the ball at least a second longer than he should.

Plus, when Urlacher was out, they actually had an offense when both Jones and Grossman were healthy.
Im not going to sit here and talk like Chicago is a great team or anything. Im hoping they finish .500 and maybe 9-7 to eek into the playoffs, but that Titans game and the Giants game were defensive sights to behold. Chicago also put two Giants on IR, Strahan and Kieth Washington. They play physical ball, period. It aint pretty either, but hey, if they're winning am I not supposed to be happy about it?
Jones is back this week by the way, and Krenzel, well, he sucks but he's better than the guy they had playing when they were losing (Quinn) so I look for some rejuvination. Like I said, if the Bears can hang an L on the Colts sunday, they are really something to look out for.
Green Bay PROBABLY will go on to win the division, but they are far from a "good" team as well. Favre aint the star he used to be for sure and you D just has too many holes. Another round of Ahman fumblitis and you guys can pack it in.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Fair enough. Best of luck to your team(s) BS. With all the teams in playoff contention right now, the next few weeks should be pretty damn good.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I Are Baboon said:
Their last four games are against playoff contenders, so I wouldn't say their schedule is soft. The Rams only have three games left against teams with winning records (Green Bay, Philly, NY Jets).
Yah but the upcoming games are mostly at home only 2 road games Jets, Minnesota. The next three games are against dogs at home enough time to get on a roll. The Rams are a dome team and they have some tough upcoming games in cold outdoor away games. And c'mon Arizona a playoff contender...?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skookum said:
And c'mon Arizona a playoff contender...?
They are, man! They are 4-5, but have played some real close games. A couple of bounces their way and they are a 6-3 team. Dennis Green has them playing really well this year.

I'd be discounting the Rams, but the fact they beat Seattle twice gives them the upper hand IMO. If the two teams tie for the division lead, the Rams take it by virtue of those two wins.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
iresmoke1 said:
Gotta love the 60 yrd pass Mcnabb threw to Mitchell Monday night.
I'm so excited this year!!!
I'm glad Sunday's game is at 4.
I'll be in Penn State for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be back for the game.

While I am a Steeler fan, I too will be at PSU for the last home game. We suck worse than ever but I can't stay away from the tailgating.

check team507.com

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
My KC Chiefs have the worse GD defence in the league. They can't stop anyone. Can anyone explain to me how you can suck on defense like they did last year, and not make any changes? It doesn't do any good to score 30 points a game if you are going to give up 35. It's unbeliveable that an offense this good won't even make the playoffs. :dead:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Last night's Greenbay/Houston game was pretty damn good. Pats are doing good, alot of injuries right now, but doing good.

Da Bears will kill Dallas on Thursday.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Rip said:
Last night's Greenbay/Houston game was pretty damn good. Pats are doing good, alot of injuries right now, but doing good.
Seriously, can you believe the job wr Troy Brown is doing at cornerback? Talk about the guy being a naturally gifted athlete. Cornerback has got to be one of the toughest positions out there, and this guy already has one interception on the year. Damn...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BurlyShirley said:
Oh man, Chi-Town laid a big egg yesterday. Ouch!

They'll still own Dallas though.
We'll see. It'll be a decent defensive battle highlighted by moments of severe offensive ineptitude. Whoever F-ups least wins this one. I'm hoping Vinny has seen his last snap in a Dallas jersey, though. :rolleyes:

Besides team loyalty, I can't see why you remain convinced that the Bears will win. It's not like they're showing anything these days and at least Dallas is at home(not that it has proven to be a great advantage for them this year).

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
llkoolkeg said:
Besides team loyalty, I can't see why you remain convinced that the Bears will win. It's not like they're showing anything these days and at least Dallas is at home(not that it has proven to be a great advantage for them this year).
Well, unlike Dallas, Chicago isnt a team on a downward spiral. The Bears are the youngest team in the league, and also have a brand new coaching staff, still learning the ropes.
And, though yesterday was a bust, you'll see why people talk about the Bears' defense on thursday. Henson is going to have a long day, but he is your future QB. We're starting our 3rd stringer, so we have an excuse for our inept offense.
One brightspot for Dallas is that Urlacher is still hurt, but it wont be enough. The colts' offense is probably the best there has ever been in this league, and the bears with their 3 best defensive guys out (Urlacher, Brown, Tillman) just couldnt hang. Couple that with no offense, and yeah, its a blowout.

But to let the ineptitude that is Baltimore's offense score 30, to let the attrocious excuse for a QB that is Kyle Boller look like an elite player, man, that's sorry. :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
Well, unlike Dallas, Chicago isnt a team on a downward spiral. The Bears are the youngest team in the league, and also have a brand new coaching staff, still learning the ropes.
And, though yesterday was a bust, you'll see why people talk about the Bears' defense on thursday. Henson is going to have a long day, but he is your future QB. We're starting our 3rd stringer, so we have an excuse for our inept offense.
One brightspot for Dallas is that Urlacher is still hurt, but it wont be enough. The colts' offense is probably the best there has ever been in this league, and the bears with their 3 best defensive guys out (Urlacher, Brown, Tillman) just couldnt hang. Couple that with no offense, and yeah, its a blowout.

But to let the ineptitude that is Baltimore's offense score 30, to let the attrocious excuse for a QB that is Kyle Boller look like an elite player, man, that's sorry. :D
I disagree. It was the Ravens defense that earned them that win with interception and fumble returns...capitalizing on mistakes that Dallas let slip through their fingers in the 1st half. Boller did nothing spectacular except by comparison to his previous atrocious games. With Henson at the helm, Julius Jones in the backfield, a rookie corner the one who got toasted by Boller, and two 1st rounders coming up in the draft, I see Dallas as a team also on the way up that just hit a speedbump this year. All things considered(injuries, etc.), I see it as a defensive wash, an offensive wash, a Dallas special teams edge, the 'boys having more experience in the Thanksgiving spotlight and all that entails(little prep time, little injury-nursing time, etc.) and a dubious home field advantage.

Cowboys 16
Bears 13

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Ah who cares about the NFL. There really wasn't an appropriate spot on RM for this any other place, but I don't care. I still feel funny in the pants!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Ah who cares about the NFL. There really wasn't an appropriate spot on RM for this any other place, but I don't care. I still feel funny in the pants!
I'm a big FSU fan, but I'm glad that they lost to Florida this year. They don't deserve to be in a BCS bowl, and quite frankly they aren't that good. If it wasn't for their defense they wouldn't even be in games this year. It's amazing to me that a senior like Chris Rix, with all his experience, can still make such terrible decisions when he played this year. :dead:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
llkoolkeg said:
I disagree. It was the Ravens defense that earned them that win with interception and fumble returns...capitalizing on mistakes that Dallas let slip through their fingers in the 1st half. Boller did nothing spectacular except by comparison to his previous atrocious games. With Henson at the helm, Julius Jones in the backfield, a rookie corner the one who got toasted by Boller, and two 1st rounders coming up in the draft, I see Dallas as a team also on the way up that just hit a speedbump this year. All things considered(injuries, etc.), I see it as a defensive wash, an offensive wash, a Dallas special teams edge, the 'boys having more experience in the Thanksgiving spotlight and all that entails(little prep time, little injury-nursing time, etc.) and a dubious home field advantage.

Cowboys 16
Bears 13
Hahahaha,
And you think Baltimore had a scoring defense? I guess you just havent been paying to much attention to the rest of the league lately.
Oh, and Cowboy special teams? The Bears have the best punt returner (RW McQuarters) and Kick Returner (Jerry Azumah 2003 pro bowl selection) in the league.
Of course, Dallas has....uh...well nothing really that I can think of. We will see come thursday. However, I doubt Dallas scores 10 points total.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Anybody who is even thinking of or trying to compare their teams to Chicago, Dallas, Miami, or New Orleans, should REALLY rethink about hitting the "post" button. Oakland has taken itself off the teams I've mentioned for its great effort in trying to beat San Diego. Imo, they put up a good fight after getting royally own3d by the Chargers a few weeks ago.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
Hahahaha,
And you think Baltimore had a scoring defense? I guess you just havent been paying to much attention to the rest of the league lately.
Oh, and Cowboy special teams? The Bears have the best punt returner (RW McQuarters) and Kick Returner (Jerry Azumah 2003 pro bowl selection) in the league.
Of course, Dallas has....uh...well nothing really that I can think of. We will see come thursday. However, I doubt Dallas scores 10 points total.
Were I not a Cowboys fan or one who grew up watching Falcons Games at Fulton County Stadium, I'd probably like the Ravens.

Returning punts and kickoffs is only a fraction of what special teams are responsible for.

Dallas has had a rough year; let that feed your growing overconfidence. Either way, we shall soon see. Sorry to say it, but I hope your turkey sits like an uncomfortable lump halfway down your esophagus while watching the game...kinda like mine felt during an icy November past when the Fins were in Irving. :D