Quantcast

The Obsession

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
any news on the new frame, riding reports from this weekend?
The new bottom bracket just came in, and is getting put on. If he can get the headtube reamed and faced, the bike will be ridden at Plattekill this weekend for its inaugural ride.

Right now, he's working hard to get his hands on a mill and designing newer versions of the bike. With any luck though, he'll be on it this week.

Bighit138

Chimp
Mar 8, 2007
Have you guys painted it yet? isnt raw steel a problem back east with all teh moisture? (sorry socal boy)

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
no, i still look at it, and am very curious to see how it rides, pics of riding would be awsum too
It'll be done Friday night. He's been a little slow lately with work and school.

If all works out, people can check it out on Saturday at opening day for Diablo.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Eager Anticipation.

This has been one of the more interesting threads on RM. So cool to see grass roots innovation. Some buddies and me are eagerly anticipating the ride reports and seeing what the sled looks like built up and powder coated.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA

Should be built early to mid June. Ride report on the first one will be coming very soon as well.
Looking forward to hearing about the performance. Having a somewhat consistent WB length through the range of travel should be quite stable.

I'm still wondering how that bottom is going to feel. I'm thinking that the bottom might be a bit hard with that leverage rate. I was messing around with your jpeg, just playing with you range of shock motion really, and I was pulling something like a 46 degree full extension and something around a 77-78 degree full compression... seems like the bottom might currently feel a little hard, compared to having the rate fall off a bit at the end... like you commonly see so often.

what I was playing with:

Anyway, I'm really interested in how she's gonna feel... nice work guys, keep us up to date:clapping:

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
Alright here it is, my weekly nag. lol :imstupid:
It was ridden on opening day at Diablo. The shock blew up, the idler pulley broke off, the bike didn't ride well. Haha, oh well. All I'll say now is that he has something new in the works, that is quite different, and should be here in 4-6 weeks. Design for it should be done in two weeks.

Mabye im seing it wrong, but if you make the distance between the lower forward bearing and the shock eyelet the same as the stroke and the upper link twice as long as the radius (6' if the stroke of the shock is 3' or 5.5' w/ a 2.75' stroke) you will have a damn near vertical wheel path.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Mabye im seing it wrong, but if you make the distance between the lower forward bearing and the shock eyelet the same as the stroke and the upper link twice as long as the radius (6' if the stroke of the shock is 3' or 5.5' w/ a 2.75' stroke) you will have a damn near vertical wheel path.
:confused::huh:

Any sketches?:nerd:

Jin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
It was ridden on opening day at Diablo. The shock blew up, the idler pulley broke off, the bike didn't ride well. Haha, oh well. All I'll say now is that he has something new in the works, that is quite different, and should be here in 4-6 weeks. Design for it should be done in two weeks.
ouch, sucks to hear that man. the bike looked so good!

Bighit138

Chimp
Mar 8, 2007
Thats a bummer, I realy enjoyed the forums and watching the bike come together. If he ever decides to build again I would love to see it.

Thanks

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
Thats a bummer, I realy enjoyed the forums and watching the bike come together. If he ever decides to build again I would love to see it.

Thanks
Oh, you'll see more from him, and hopefully in about a week:brows: . Just not a frame at this point in time.