Quantcast

#%#%#%# The official Praise the Lord it's Monday GMT @*@*@*@*@*

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Was a warm day, got through 5L of water at work and it's still 30 deg C at 3:30am.
I'm going to go to a hypnotist about my shit sleep, not words I ever thought I'd say but nothing else has ever given me reliable sleep, so why not?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Was a warm day, got through 5L of water at work and it's still 30 deg C at 3:30am.
I'm going to go to a hypnotist about my shit sleep, not words I ever thought I'd say but nothing else has ever given me reliable sleep, so why not?
Careful, they might just make you try to kill the Queen at a baseball game. It’s a common side effect.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Do not want, well asleep some time after midnight, kiddo woke up at 5:17, by my math that means my brain is made of mush.

Why would you assume Jesus is the lord we're praising? Everybody defaults to Jesus, but there's lots of lords we could praise, Satan for instance, quit shortchanging Satan!
Cuz I’m Southern, sort of like a reflex.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Since you're building your own place it's possible your experience will differ from mine, but I'd rather go to work than ever lay tile in my house again.
Went that bad hey!
;)

It gets easier and faster each time.
I can't say I was happy with my first tiling job.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hopefully he can deal with the steroids better than I do. I was on Prednisone for a week and it was a frickin nightmare.
How so? Genuinely curious. He honestly seems like a bit of a different person, but he's also been a bottomless pit lately, rather than the more reasonable appetite he usually has.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ADHD drugs are inbound. Not Ritalin or Adderall, as they are seizure risk multipliers. This should be helpful but only slow me down some - enough to focus. In theory. We shall see.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How so? Genuinely curious. He honestly seems like a bit of a different person, but he's also been a bottomless pit lately, rather than the more reasonable appetite he usually has.

Sleep quality was terrible, dreams were weird felt like I was awake. No matter how much I slept never felt rested. When I was awake reality felt more like a dream, was somewhat disconnected to reality, difficult to explain. Not sure if it was a direct result of the Prednisone or lack of sleep but I also didn't behave like myself, irritable and argumentative. I basically felt like a zombie. Definitely did not feel like myself.

Was also a constant struggle to not shit my pants.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sleep quality was terrible, dreams were weird felt like I was awake. No matter how much I slept never felt rested. When I was awake reality felt more like a dream, was somewhat disconnected to reality, difficult to explain. Not sure if it was a direct result of the Prednisone or lack of sleep but I also didn't behave like myself, irritable and argumentative. I basically felt like a zombie. Definitely did not feel like myself.

Was also a constant struggle to not shit my pants.
Interesting. We do meds in the morning and early evening, I wonder if that's why (to not keep him up). He seems OK, just far more communicative than he is typically. It's weird, it's like he's aged 6 months in the last 1 month.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interesting. We do meds in the morning and early evening, I wonder if that's why (to not keep him up). He seems OK, just far more communicative than he is typically. It's weird, it's like he's aged 6 months in the last 1 month.

It looked like one hell of an experience, and not a fun one. But I wouldn't dismiss the meds possibly contributing, the side effects of Prednisone are well known, if that is what proto-Sandwich is on.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It looked like one hell of an experience, and not a fun one. But I wouldn't dismiss the meds possibly contributing, the side effects of Prednisone are well known, if that is what proto-Sandwich is on.
Yeah, I think it's technically prednisolone but I believe they are the same in effect. Thanks for sharing your experience, gives me something to think about and try to relate as he goes through it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Doctors are hilarious.
Hi. I’m here about a pain in my butt (which seems to have resolved itself since scheduling this appointment)

Would you like a colonoscopy?

No. Just curious about this pain. I pooped in a box last year.

You might want a colonoscopy too.

Let’s just close the door on the pain issue.

Colonoscopy?!?!?!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doctors are hilarious.
Hi. I’m here about a pain in my butt (which seems to have resolved itself since scheduling this appointment)

Would you like a colonoscopy?

No. Just curious about this pain. I pooped in a box last year.

You might want a colonoscopy too.

Let’s just close the door on the pain issue.

Colonoscopy?!?!?!
I would have thought a camera up the butt would be right up your alley.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Went that bad hey!
;)

It gets easier and faster each time.
I can't say I was happy with my first tiling job.
I've now tiled one bathroom floor and one shower, and both were passable efforts. By no means the results and speed that a professional would return, but thats how you get better, right?

I think if I had another job to do I would buy a wet saw. Tile snapper + angle grinder kinda blows and takes 4x as long to get an okay result.