Quantcast

the official Toshi is reformed thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have been informed by @Full Trucker that I have indeed become more crotchety and jerk-like in recent years. So let this be my public apology to all of you. Well, most of you. Some of you, perhaps.

I will be less of a jerk-face in the future, and will not correct kidwoo's incorrect use of data/datum in particular.

thank you for your attention

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got excited, thought you purchased a self powered mountain bike again. :busted:
ain't nobody got time for that

I mean, do whatever floats your boat, dudddeeees

I still will secretly hold in my heart of hearts that e-mtbing is more fun than acoustic mtbing, though. Just won't preach the gospel to y'all. You are not ready to be saved

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I don't even know what this means

seriously
When people apologize, a common response is "actions speak louder than words"....meaning, don't tell me you're sorry, show me you're sorry in changes in behavior/actions

We are on an online message board, where all interactions are text-based, ie: words

Our interactions with you, on here, are all via words, as they are from the messages you decide to post

Therefore, your apologetical actions and course to repentance are still achieved through what you say

As such, your words are speaking just as loud as your hypothetical, equivalent actions

Don't you have to, like......be smart to be a doctor?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When people apologize, a common response is "actions speak louder than words"....meaning, don't tell me you're sorry, show me you're sorry in changes in behavior/actions

We are on an online message board, where all interactions are text-based, ie: words

Our interactions with you, on here, are all via words, as they are from the messages you decide to post

Therefore, your apologetical actions and course to repentance are still achieved through what you say

As such, your words are speaking just as loud as your hypothetical, equivalent actions

Don't you have to, like......be smart to be a doctor?
that's like, whoa

I interact with Colorado people in real life sometimes, too! and I hit Like when Mrs. Adventurous posts up smiling family photos

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's ok. Just like you driving your wrx on an exit ramp, we all stray off the intended path from time to time.
crashing that thing really was a blessing in disguise. I wanted out from that world. And got it. Well, after the RX-8, which was good when it didn't flood itself.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
that's like, whoa

I interact with Colorado people in real life sometimes, too! and I hit Like when Mrs. Adventurous posts up smiling family photos
I guess I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you might only be an asshole online like most people tend to be.

It didn't even occur to me that you might be a dick IRL too.

:p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I mean I have wasted the time of several bootfitters this year. But that’s kind of the business, literally. I will buy if the princess slipper fits just so

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why thank you, Jon. In the spirit of this thread I shall unignore you. Please do not poke fun at my continued fatness, though. :) ‘tis a sore spot. In my fleshy flank, that is

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Please chime in in my NE “ride pics” (heh. Car pics) thread re how stupid my idea for a Bullfrog S150 on a suitably reinforced deck is btw

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why thank you, Jon. In the spirit of this thread I shall unignore you. Please do not poke fun at my continued fatness, though. :) ‘tis a sore spot. In my fleshy flank, that is
fair enough. i struggle with my weight too, so it honestly didn't come from a place of hostility. i'm back to the point i need to drop more than a couple pounds myself. i was down 15 from all the road riding i did last summer, and whoops its right back on.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm still trying to get above 175#.

The struggle is real.

I should go get a donut.

Mmmm... donuts.
I paused briefly in front of the donuts at the grocery store and reminded myself that they would taste like chemicals and make me fat. There’s an actual donut shop nearby. Hmmm

I’ve kept my weight in check all winter. But at 167 I still have a gut ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am not a jockey. Even with max dose tirzepatide (although off it for a month involuntarily due to its shortage). Good progress last year, though.

AE3327F7-5606-4728-8518-9D84BA2B6B57.jpeg
22E46B1C-64DD-4EA0-8B53-162327A64E88.jpeg

Last edited: