Quantcast

the Rampage thread

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Lost his helmet too. The look on his wife's face was only matched by Fairclough's look when he saw his score.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I missed the last few runs, what with being at work. I'm home now to watch, but its on commercial. Who are the leaders/good riders?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I predict Andreau will end up somewhere on the RM fantasy podium with his second run
#264LFYBro

is "FAIRCLAW" Brendan's officially accepted freebro name now Bearclaw has retired?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Lost his helmet too. The look on his wife's face was only matched by Fairclough's look when he saw his score.
He didn't fasten his helmet. Lost his helmet, then didn't fasten it again after the crash. Good thing Kasia is a nice person since my GF would bring down hell on me for riding even on easy trails with an unfastened helmet.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah the helmet crash and then still not doing it up when finishing his run wasn't the brightest.

I thought Fairclaw was a little hard done by with his score, can't blame him for not going again.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I’m glad there weren’t a lot of serious injuries or worse! That x100, really.

I don’t see how the likes of Fairclaw and Metaller and Strait and similar riders can compete with the big time FMB-type guys who are tricking the big stuff while still going fast and looking good, especially given the viewing and camera challenges that work against them. Back in the day the trick guys often looked bad and rode slowly while flippity-ing, but not anymore. (Well, there’s shortbus Rogatkin of course.)

Still glad they were there, and Faircough should have placed a bit higher imo.

I’d liked to have seen an ace run by Semenuk, but imo his heart really isn’t in competition anymore. I hope he can do cool edits for 10 more years. Those vids of his are my fav thing in freestyle MTB by a long shot.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I was at the event this year, in the friends of redbull area so we had a great view point. Few observations:

- Really glad no-one got hurt, when riders started dropping in and hitting the ground I had a weird feeling.
- I agree TVS got robbed a bit, his run was insane
- We went Psycho when Storch landed the 3 in front of us, then...
- Jordie's run was painful to watch, I was so psyched to see him put that thing together, really sucked he had to bail.
- As Semenuk fans we were all fired up for his run, once he tagged on the 720 we all looked at each other and said he was going to overshoot the next one, sucked we were right.
- Anyone who has never been to that event and talks shit about it being (slopestyle) needs to go to school. It's fucking scary, those guys are at a level I can't comprehend.
- Judging this is tough always controversy but Brendan's run was scored so low...
- I'll go back
- After Brandon went down we were pushing for Andreu hard, wasn't a huge fan of Rheeder's run compared to everyone else.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
He had it in the bag on his second run until he cased.
Shit happens.
No one died - which was nice
Yeah, that was the winning run, until suddenly it wasn't.

I'm not saying that they should be winning or necessarily scoring higher, but I do find myself enjoying watching the guys who go fast and really charge over the tons of spins and flips FMB guys. Different strokes I guess.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah apparently he was sick all week and almost didn't even drop in. His line was never finished either...
That explains it. I didn't understand what was wrong with his run and his line looked sick. Rooted for the guy.

Also

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
has anyone ever discussed shifting rampage from a 2 run format to a jam format? there's certainly pros/cons to it, but it might take some of the stress off the riders by being limited to 2 runs.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Yeah, that was the winning run, until suddenly it wasn't.

I'm not saying that they should be winning or necessarily scoring higher, but I do find myself enjoying watching the guys who go fast and really charge over the tons of spins and flips FMB guys. Different strokes I guess.
I seriously enjoy the riding of Kyle Strait. This guy is utterly smooth,fluid and stylish. I wish he did more filming to be honest. There's just something about fast and fluid riding. And he still throws Inverts.