Quantcast

The Ridemonkey no context thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In order to make a proper Rueben. You need Top Round Corned beef. The Corned Beef you make for St Patrick's day is from Brisket. It makes a lousy Rueben. A proper Rueben has Swiss cheese on it. Always. And Thousand Island dressing. Always. Tartar sauce is only for Fish. Sad Fish. It has no place on a Rueben. Always. Only a fucking degenerate would serve a Rueben on Marble Rye. Marble Rye has no seeds. I only eat Rye Bread with seeds. Grilled with Real Butter. Never Olive Oil. Who the fuck toasts a Rueben? Don't get me started on Sauer Kraut. That shit you get in a can is awful. Certainly, you have a deli in your town and can get proper Sauer Kraut. I would never serve you an improper Rueben. It is one of my redeeming qualities.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
In order to make a proper Rueben. You need Top Round Corned beef. The Corned Beef you make for St Patrick's day is from Brisket. It makes a lousy Rueben. A proper Rueben has Swiss cheese on it. Always. And Thousand Island dressing. Always. Tartar sauce is only for Fish. Sad Fish. It has no place on a Rueben. Always. Only a fucking degenerate would serve a Rueben on Marble Rye. Marble Rye has no seeds. I only eat Rye Bread with seeds. Grilled with Real Butter. Never Olive Oil. Who the fuck toasts a Rueben? Don't get me started on Sauer Kraut. That shit you get in a can is awful. Certainly, you have a deli in your town and can get proper Sauer Kraut. I would never serve you an improper Rueben. It is one of my redeeming qualities.
Your thoughts on pastrami??

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You guys need to seriously consider skipping mustard once in a while and replace it by mayonnaise. Or even better, home made alioli.
If the cheese is all melty. Then mustard is certainly not needed. The flavor is derived from the meat. It needs to be warm for melty mass. Dukes is way better then anything you or I can make. I can't get it here.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If the cheese is all melty. Then mustard is certainly not needed. The flavor is derived from the meat. It needs to be warm for melty mass. Dukes is way better then anything you or I can make. I can't get it here.
Key word- warm. Not hot. Warm. Just warm enough to melt the cheese and let you know its warm and melty. Did I mention not hot??

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When a Southern Mom or Grandmother sends you to the store for mayonnaise you damn well better not come back with anything other than Dukes.

And thanks to that weird little bald guy you don't have to live here to have it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"Wrong context" being posted in the which monkeys have you met thread :p

had to unlace a wheel lace night, nature abhors excessively long spokes. thankfully i had the correct lengths on hand, so new spokes are prepped for whenever i have the time. this is the first time i've had a spoke calculator steer me wrong, but also the first time i didn't round down.