Quantcast

The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Wasington is such a backwards town !

Example:
Kennesaw,GA you must have a gun & they have no crime.
Washington,DC you cannot have a gun & they have horrible crime.

-Police just investigate crimes after the fact basically.
-I don't want to live like i'm in Great Britian,that's why we have the Declaration of Independence!
Power to the people. This is not a debate,we will always have guns weather the governmant likes it or not. An outright Nationwide firearm ban will begin a huge Civil War !

Do NOT let these government beurocrats even let them start banning so-called BIG caliber firearms,that is a trick for an allout ban . Don't follow suit like in England,Austrailia & Canada where you are *ucked.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
looks like rollie-pollie michael moore's going to have to make good on a bet & give heston a rusty trombone - extra heavy on the rust

oily fingers: meet cold dead hands.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I have a lot of liberal views, but only people who are truly free can own guns. Anyone that qualifies for gun ownership and wants one should have one!!

I never understand how people think a no gun law will keep guns out of the hands of criminals??? Then short nerdy guys like me won't have anyway to protect ourselves and our family. At least now criminals know if they break into a house, they'll probably get shot.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I have a lot of liberal views, but only people who are truly free can own guns.
This might be possibly be the most stupid thing I've ever seen written on this forum. Plenty of places in the world that get along fine without having a small armoury in the bedroom. Some people even manage to sleep at night without fear. Imagine that!
Truly free, lol, you really need to get out and about a bit, you know like to actual other countries.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wasington is such a backwards town !

Example:
Kennesaw,GA you must have a gun & they have no crime.
Washington,DC you cannot have a gun & they have horrible crime.

-Police just investigate crimes after the fact basically.
-I don't want to live like i'm in Great Britian,that's why we have the Declaration of Independence!
Power to the people. This is not a debate,we will always have guns weather the governmant likes it or not. An outright Nationwide firearm ban will begin a huge Civil War !

Do NOT let these government beurocrats even let them start banning so-called BIG caliber firearms,that is a trick for an allout ban . Don't follow suit like in England,Austrailia & Canada where you are *ucked.
Rednecks who cannot spell shouldn't debate law.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
This might be possibly be the most stupid thing I've ever seen written on this forum. Plenty of places in the world that get along fine without having a small armoury in the bedroom. Some people even manage to sleep at night without fear. Imagine that!
Truly free, lol, you really need to get out and about a bit, you know like to actual other countries.
So what countries do you reccomend?? Perhaps Germany60-70 years ago, the first nation to register guns, then collect them, and then exterminate people.

"with guns we are citizens, without them we are subjects."

Please enlighten me.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
So what countries do you reccomend?? Perhaps Germany60-70 years ago, the first nation to register guns, then collect them, and then exterminate people.

"with guns we are citizens, without them we are subjects."

Please enlighten me.
Since you asked, my country, Australia. Virtually impossible to own a handgun, most people don't have guns. Only an idiot would argue Australia is not a free country. Japan, New Zealand, most places in Europe.

If we're going to talk 60-70 years ago how about asking the blacks in the South how free they were.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Oh boy....here we go....

As the 2nd ammendment was written a bazillion yearsw ago. The context is now completely irrelevant today. What would be wrong with bringing it up to date?

I was listening to NPR and they were broadcasting some of the proceedings.. It's ridiculous listening to these judges and lawyers arguing what "they" REALLY meant three hundred years ago.....

It's a big deal. So bring it up to date!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Oh boy....here we go....

As the 2nd ammendment was written a bazillion yearsw ago. The context is now completely irrelevant today. What would be wrong with bringing it up to date?

I was listening to NPR and they were broadcasting some of the proceedings.. It's ridiculous listening to these judges and lawyers arguing what "they" REALLY meant three hundred years ago.....

At the time of the writing of the 2nd amendment, "arms" were clumsy, slow to load, inacurate, limited range muzzle loaders. People think this somehow justifies them wanting to own 50 caliber machine guns and recoilless rifles.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
At the time of the writing of the 2nd amendment, "arms" were clumsy, slow to load, inacurate, limited range muzzle loaders. People think this somehow justifies them wanting to own 50 caliber machine guns and recoilless rifles.
I couldn't personally care less whether Americans have a million guns each, their country, they can decide. It's when it's suggested that they are somehow more free than any other countrybecause of these guns that my retardometer gets tweaked.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Yes, but the "arms" were the same for everyone. I usually don't defend the machine gun movement, but I don't know the last time I heard of machine gun crime b/c those licenses were very difficult to get.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
It's the death grip they have on something that is just so completely obsolete that make NO sense. They want to have guns...whatever. But update the guidelines to coincide with what's going on in today's world...with today's weaponry!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I couldn't personally care less whether Americans have a million guns each, their country, they can decide. It's when it's suggested that they are somehow more free than any other countrybecause of these guns that my retardometer gets tweaked.
51% of the country believes in creationism, thinks abstention is the only form of birth control and voted in a semi retarded, coke head as a president...twice.

My retardometer went off the charts ages ago.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Since you asked, my country, Australia. Virtually impossible to own a handgun, most people don't have guns. Only an idiot would argue Australia is not a free country. Japan, New Zealand, most places in Europe.

If we're going to talk 60-70 years ago how about asking the blacks in the South how free they were.
You're proving my point with the african american freedom question b/c THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN GUNS.

I will concede the following is propaganda from a gun email I received, but even if one thing is true it's worth the point.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced
By new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by
Their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more
Than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:
List of 7 items:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide,
Assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes,
44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.

Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
Criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
Armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in
The past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey
Is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of
The ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how
Public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense
Was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
You're proving my point with the african american freedom question b/c THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN GUNS.

I will concede the following is propaganda from a gun email I received, but even if one thing is true it's worth the point.
Ah...had the slaves had guns, they wouldn't have needed the emancipation proclamation. I get it now....

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Ah...had the slaves had guns, they wouldn't have needed the emancipation proclamation. I get it now....
some many generalities and poking holes in my points, but not one statistic or arguement.

Instead of calling me retarded, prove a point, tell a story or show me some numbers.

But Mike, you got me, the paper is much more powerful than the sword or gun.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
holy crap, eh?
let's make it "shall not be infringed...seriously, put the quill back under your powdered wig", then.
I was listening to NPR
did you take your wife's last name, or just hyphenate it to yours?

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Oh boy....here we go....

So everything wrote a while ago,or a long time ago doesn't apply anymore in your mind.:huh::disgust1:
NPR is a bunch of liberal jibberish isn't it !
No, i'm not a redneck at all.But have fun on this political forum !

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So everything wrote a while ago,or a long time ago doesn't apply anymore in your mind.:huh::disgust1:
NPR is a bunch of liberal jibberish isn't it !
No, i'm not a redneck at all.But have fun on this political forum !
You don't know what constitutional interpretation is, do you? Law's written under different social and environmental contexts hold little to no literal value hundreds of years later. It's up to the supreme court to try and figure out what the underlying basis and goal was when it was drafted. Things were a little different in 1787.

So to put it simply (in your words), tons of legislation that took place back then is simply "jibberish" now. There is a reason there has been 27 amendments. In fact, your precious right to bear arms was one of them.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

I'd hope that you'd at least spend a *little* time looking up something as meaningless as an email forward before blindly believing it...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
So everything wrote a while ago,or a long time ago doesn't apply anymore in your mind.
So, you're cool if they bring back the 3/5's clause? That was in the original write of the Constitution...ya know before that edit with the "Bill of Rights" and all.

I bet you're down with the liquor ban in the 18th Amendment...oh wait, they nixed that one with the 19th.

It's funny how gun nuts get their panties all in a bunch and become Constitutional scholars when someone merely hints at taking away their right to pack heat at all times. Yet, most of these same people are silent or are in full support of GWB wiping his tush all over the same document (see Amendments 4, 6, 7, & 8) with FISA, the PATRIOT act, and ignoring treaties such as the Geneva Conventions. Oh, and not to mention the whole "signing statements" thing where he tried to give himself powers that aren't in the Constitution, much less in any form of common law.

So, where can I sign up for the rocket launcher permit?

-ska todd

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I want to see a gang drive-by with muzzle loaders...

"dammit, drive around the block again, I want to get another shot"

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

This has been debunked so many times I'm actually amazed that you even posted it. Just an FYI, homicides with firearms are at historical lows in Australia, somewhere in the region of 60 per year. Check out the firearm homicide rates for Texas which has a slightly larger population than Australia.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

I'd hope that you'd at least spend a *little* time looking up something as meaningless as an email forward before blindly believing it...
Is that a rhetorical question:) I give you pos rep for providing some sound arguement. I tried to copy/paste the text from snopes, but it wasn't letting me copy it. It bascially said the statistics were short term and exagerated. Plus cause/effect relationships do not always have the same correlation, which is a typcial arguement in almost all statistics. Attacks on the elderly did go up 7.8%

How about this: I want to keep my gun, I'm glad I don't live in Australia, and currently I have that right and do not want to be stripped of it. (and a boring rebutle of the snopes statistics http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a39b03f005859.htm)

This must be a good thread for Todd to get in on the action!

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I bet you're down with the liquor ban in the 18th Amendment...oh wait, they nixed that one with the 19th.
-ska todd
Well,then us rednecks down here in the south can bring back bootlegging -running moonshine !:hmm::rolleyes:

Seriously, the U.N(azzholes) has a global gun ban agenda. The statue of the pistol barrell tied in a knot out in front of U.N HQ should give you a clue. F*ck the U.N .
This country is going to turn into the "Demolition Man" movie where we all wear ghey robes,cursing is banned,guns are banned,unhealthy foods are not available,etc,etc if it was up to most fools .:disgust1:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Is that a rhetorical question:) I give you pos rep for providing some sound arguement. I tried to copy/paste the text from snopes, but it wasn't letting me copy it. It bascially said the statistics were short term and exagerated. Plus cause/effect relationships do not always have the same correlation, which is a typcial arguement in almost all statistics. Attacks on the elderly did go up 7.8%

How about this: I want to keep my gun, I'm glad I don't live in Australia, and currently I have that right and do not want to be stripped of it. (and a boring rebutle of the snopes statistics http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a39b03f005859.htm)

This must be a good thread for Todd to get in on the action!
This should give you a decent overview of the situation in Australia.
http://www.aph.gov.au/Library/pubs/bn/2007-08/08bn01.htm
I couldn't care less whether you want to go to Australia or not and good luck with the penis enhancers, get as many as you want. However suggesting my country is somehow less free because we restrict guns is such an ignorant statement as to defy belief.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
This has been debunked so many times I'm actually amazed that you even posted it. Just an FYI, homicides with firearms are at historical lows in Australia, somewhere in the region of 60 per year. Check out the firearm homicide rates for Texas which has a slightly larger population than Australia.
Show me some of the actual statistics?? (and not of Texas- that's really Mexico:)

Maybe we should just agree that I'm glad I live in the US (even if my president and his neocon cronies are nuts) and you're glad you live in Australia, even if your profile says Japan.

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
First guns.Then swords & whatever else!

In Russia you have to cut & notch out the tang just behind the handle on a functional samurai sword & cheap ones to "weaken it" & make it less battle ready. If not,you are F**ked & in big trouble!

Is this what you ANTI gun/weapon nuts want in the USA ?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
First guns.Then swords & whatever else!

In Russia you have to cut & notch out the tang just behind the handle on a functional samurai sword & cheap ones to "weaken it" & make it less battle ready. If not,you are F**ked & in big trouble!

Is this what you ANTI gun/weapon nuts want in the USA ?
Stop. Just stop.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
This should give you a decent overview of the situation in Australia.
http://www.aph.gov.au/Library/pubs/bn/2007-08/08bn01.htm
I couldn't care less whether you want to go to Australia or not and good luck with the penis enhancers, get as many as you want. However suggesting my country is somehow less free because we restrict guns is such an ignorant statement as to defy belief.
That paper isn't bad. I do wonder what happens with the estimated 20000 guns illegally imported into Australia, but if you can sleep at night. Do you have a wife and kid??

Where can I get a penis enhancer?? What kind do you reccomend?:)