Quantcast

the spot..

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I already told you... it's behind the spot. Just go up to the spot, then look behind it. With jumps that big, it's hard to miss...

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
When are you guys gonna be out at skeleton again, I finally have a hardtail built so I want to ride out there and help dig, I dont need directions though.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
unless you have ninja-like dj skills, you might as well stay away. besides, i don't need another place to fix up after you hack it up. the damage you do and never fix at the other place is already enough...
I've never hacked up any of your places and I dont plan on hitting the jumps i was just gonna help throw dirt but if you dont want help digging then whatever.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Sweet! It's not as gnarly as some of the Brazilian spots I've seen, but we're getting there. Dang, "Genu" you're all over the place.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
ha ha ha- that's pretty cool. It's nice when a solo project started out of frustration starts growing and ends up with others spending a bunch of time to make it better and better. After this winter our little slice should be off the hook- let's just hope it remains quaint and invite only as it is... the stuff posted on here is only to motivate others to build good and proper. You show us yours- we'll show you ours...

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
if i'm not mistaken(if i am then i apologize) i've actually had to tell you not to jump off a lip and land on the side of the landing, while you even had another less abled rider following you. if you're gonna attempt it, do it right or stay off the stuff. that time it was done right in front of me and i'm sure there have been numerous other skids off the sides of other features when we're not around. all on a line that we put in hundreds of hours and never saw you lift a shovel or even offer to help once...
I dont think it was me you saw, I've never talked to you in person and I never jump off jumps and land on the side of the landing, that destroys jumps and I yell at people who do that to jumps I build, I either man up and hit the actual jump or I dont jump it. The only time I've actually seen you in person was at West Texas when I was doing shuttle runs with Mark, Jake, and Sean and I wasn't even hitting the jumps. You must be thinking of somebody else. So do you want help digging or not.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
fair enough, i've edited my say. please tell me that you weren't riding a blue KHS DH200(or similar model) and i'll believe you...

I did use to ride a blue khs but that was awhile ago and I dont think it was me you saw, I know of at least a few other people in socal that ride those. I've only been to that spot twice, once with bob and his group and once with mark, jake , and sean. I've never been there with a less abled rider. I never go there and help you build because i am too you to drive, thats why i never even ride there, i have to try to get rides from people. Thats why i am offering to help build skeleton because i can ride there and thats why I have offered to help jake build his jumps.
It must have been somebody else though because the few times I've been there I never hit the jumps at all, i think they're too steep to hit on a dh bike, i just sit around until everyone else finishes and we continue on down the run.

If you still think it was me the next time I'm out there[probably wont be for awhile] I'll help you dig tilll you think I worked off what you think i fvcked up.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
young blonde haired kid?

another youngster on a black khs ds/witchdoctor style bike?

again, makes you sound like the guy...

if it really is you, i've also seen you before when i was working on the landing on the second jump after the ladder roll-in. you came thru in a group of about 4 and all of you had the ignorance to come down the trail and actually ride up the right side and down the backside of the landing while i was actually shoveling on it at the time. talk about pissing me off, that was not a good first impression to leave with me. then the next time i see you is in the previously mentioned scenario, when you are jumping on the side of the landing, on the jump in the middle of the u-turn berms in front of the hut....
I dont know anybody with a black khs and i know for sure i've never rolled any of the landings, the only time I've been there in a group of 4 was when i was with mark, sean, and jake and none of them would roll the jumps and i was following them.

I thought you would want help building but if not then i'll spend my time elsewhere. I wasn't planning on riding skeleton, the jumps are too big for me, i was just gonna hang out and dig but if you dont want me to then i wont.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
had to make sure you weren't who i thought you were, everybody always says they weren't the one to do any damage...
So do you want help digging and when? Also call Mark, he has a shovel b!tch if you want more help, he gave his old turner frame to one of my friends in exchange for lots of shovel time.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I think I'm out on the compound tomorrow. It's going to be a bizillion degrees out there... plus k-state football is on the tube tomorrow evening (yeah, I like normal sports, too).

So, I think I'm going to ride at skeleton tomorrow, 11ish to 4ish.

I'm going to be at skeleton tonight, too. I'm going to keep throwing dirt on the last landing until it's this big...

Any help would be appreciated...

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I dont think i can help dig today but maybe later in the weekend or monday because I dont have school.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
That photo is so two weeks ago. And those last few jumps look tiny. I'm hiding in my air conditioned home until the a.m. Don't forget to bring some of "Rocky Mountain's Finest" I'm digging and packing until a full 12 pack is up and running.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Who's down for The Compound on Saturday? It will be our last chance to ride there until they close for a few months because of the fair...