Quantcast

The street bike thread! 4 monkies with 2 wheels!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Just a place for others to post pics and specs of there bikes now or in the past.

(Just get this out there, I like motorcycles but mtbks are WAY more fun and addicting to me)

K5 GSXR 1000; Got it stock 2 weeks ago with 3k miles mint shape NO upgrades and NO damage. Well maintained and been sitting the better part of 2 years with monthly revs to keep it clean and running.

Did a PC III, -1 front ring, mich power 2cts, K&N so far.
Have a HR1 exhaust (full system) on order!

SHORT LIST: Short throw levers, hydraulic shifter, smog block offs, marchini wheels and a 1 peice lower fairing are on the very short list to be bought. I figure Ill do track days, race and canyon runs. Been on a motorcycle since I was 3 (honda z50 metal tank. lights and metal fenders!)

My 03 GSXR 1000k modded

My first bike looked identical to this! :D LMAO excepth te rear light got ripped off when I landed on it from jumping it and no suspension! :D

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Nice bike, I used to ride enduro and race MX.
Man theres nothing as cool as getting a group of guys and loading up the bikes headed out to the mtns or desert... Unless its loading the DH sleds for a ton of shuttle runs or lift assisted gravity battles! :thumb: Have fun at the PBM!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Is that a pair of testicles hanging off the handlebars???

Mine, been posted before.

Shadow Aero 750, Piped, jetted, gutted air box, Ignitor, Painted, geared, Hiway pegs<not in the pic>

Here is the Virago 920we rebuilt and customized for Dad a couple christmas's ago. New bars, risers, headlight, gauages<pretty much everything on the bars>New wiring harness I did my self, Paint, swapped to a single carb<Stupid easy>replaced with the starter with the one that deosnt burn up in a week, changed the rear gears.

Before

During

After

Oh, and just because I know Brett will like this

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Oh man, that's the Honda 50 I had when I was 9.

My friend had one and we would ride the snot out of them in his grandfather's cow pasture. Kicking fresh cow pies at someone while riding is too much fun.
LMAO thats funny we used to do the same thing but horse pasture!!! Yeah I had that poor thing destroyed by 6yrs old and my cousin got the one with the white tank, better tires and I was jealous. Ran into him trying to take his bike out! YEAH 30 mph kid collision, chased him all over till I finally got him! :D
Hell we drove em on the streets at 6 and up all over to buddies houses on the streets and throught the woods... Man there had to be SEVERAL thousand miles on that little bike....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh, I'll play.

My 04 R1 the day I bought it last November:

How it sits today:

I could list the mods, but it's pretty long. The gist is 167bhp, 78lbft of torque, 0-insane in about 5 seconds.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last years project, 03 FZ1 purchased at an online insurance auction:

After a lot of work:

139bhp

Sold it to fund the R1.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i has a bike.....likely to stay in pieces a little while longer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Slacker.

I hope to wrap up the ricer and start the bar hopper in a few months. With any luck, I'll have the donor and parts ready before winter.
i may pick up my uncles xs650 special.....10,000 miles and hasn't moved much in the last 20+ years. my brother has pics of it somewhere....

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Track Bikes: Ducati 748 and 1098R

That ol KTM 200exc

07 CRF 250X

Wife's CRF 150f

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i wish i saw more ducati sportclassics on the road.

Last edited:

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Here is my first hog... 1969 Honda z50. That's my custom flame paint-job, too. I cracked the rear of the frame jumping sidewalks but had a hellova lot of fun with this little bike.

This is a bike my girlfriend's father gave to me. A 1976 Honda GL1000 (Goldwing) with 70,000 miles on it. Actually one of the more rare 76's due to it being yellow (originally). The PO painted it flat black and all chrome was painted gold. Fugly. I stripped off the fairings and am currently in hiatus with working on it. It needs a lot of work... burned wiring, sat outside for a good number of years. Managed to get it to start but the 4 carbs need serious rebuilding and sync'ing.

This is my current ride to work (when I'm not commuting by bike). 2002 Kymco B&W 250. Yeah, yeah... ready for the scooter jokes. But for serious... this thing is fun and is actually pretty quick for a scoot. Just bought a performance variator and kevlar drive belt for it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
This is my current ride to work (when I'm not commuting by bike). 2002 Kymco B&W 250. Yeah, yeah... ready for the scooter jokes. But for serious... this thing is fun and is actually pretty quick for a scoot. Just bought a performance variator and kevlar drive belt for it.
LMAO! No worries I got a honda elite 250 when i was 15 for cheap and proceeded to do high speed road dip runs and ju8mp till it finally exploded. It was pretty on par as far as ignorant fun as my original honda Z50. Wasnt concerned with cool or girlies jusr adrenaline, flying through the air and crashing! Man life is good! :thumb:
Oh and almost forgot the wheelies, little tires make it real hard on them but fun!

BTW: If you wear a full face and leathers on it Im going to have to run you over for basic man principles! :D

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The 1098R is just ridiculous and I love it!

If I wasn't on the Duc i'd be looking at the R1 for sure
I love the 1098, but the Streetfighter is more my style (naked 1098)

The 09 R1 is tops. It has been crushing everything with the crossplane crankshaft. "The game has changed"

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
LMAO! No worries I got a honda elite 250 when i was 15 for cheap and proceeded to do high speed road dip runs and ju8mp till it finally exploded. It was pretty on par as far as ignorant fun as my original honda Z50. Wasnt concerned with cool or girlies jusr adrenaline, flying through the air and crashing! Man life is good! :thumb:
Oh and almost forgot the wheelies, little tires make it real hard on them but fun!

BTW: If you wear a full face and leathers on it Im going to have to run you over for basic man principles! :D
Well, not leathers but a riding jacket with armor. And yeah... full-face helmet. I can get slammed into at 50mph just as easy as anyone else. Just because it's a scooter doesn't mean I don't get hurt as bad. LOL

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i had to sell my R6 when i left san diego and i miss it almost every day.
same as mine but i had D&D exhaust, frame sliders, etc. spent a lot of time at willow springs and canyon runs out to julian.

i really want another bike but if i get another full on street racer i'll probably lose my job...so now i'm leaning more towards a '04 or newer superhawk or maybe even a RC51...i just love v-twins sport bikes.