Quantcast

The street bike thread! 4 monkies with 2 wheels!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Make sure to put "Streamline" in big bold letters on the tank.
Actually, I am looking at either the Roadstar Silvarado package, or the Triumph Rocket three touring, which I will use the factory emblems, no putting names into the paint. The Shadow had the name in the paint from the factory, and when we started we wanted it to be somewhat like the factory style. So it didnt come out like we really wanted, its still cool.

Cant wait for the new bike though, looking forward to the bigger bike, and long cross country trips.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Nothing spectacular: 2007 GSXR 600, Pazzo levers, Zero Gravity windscreen, Shogun frame/swingarm sliders, ProGrip Gel grips, DynoJet PCIII and StompGrips.
Yoshimura R55 and Competition Werkes fender eliminator.

Want to mods if I don't sell it: Marchesini wheels, Pirelli rubber, Scott's steering dampener and HID lights.

I'm thinking about selling it before I leave for Iraq. That way I can buy either a GSXR 750 or a R1 and mod the crap outta it.

Attachments

Last edited:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Pirelli rubber, I'm thinking about selling it before I leave for Iraq.
Thank you for your service to our country. I have had good luck with Pirelli but the new Michelin rubber is very impressive.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well done...besides the obvious what mods such as PCIII etc???
PC3 with custom map
Yoshimura TRS3 full exhaust ceramic coated (titanium gray, one off color)
Roth Industries velocity stacks and smog plates
K&N filter
-1 front, +2 rear sprockets with 520 chain conversion

The Roth stacks, gearing, and custom map all help with the early gains. From 7k to 12k is the sweet spot on my bike.

<edit> Some other mods for those who don't notice:
Twill carbon fiber front fender, rear hugger, and clutch cable cover
FZ1N (euro only model) headlight and mount with side covers
LED turn signals
LSL supebike top tree, risers, and handlebar (cut an inch off both sides)
Motovation frame sliders and rear spools
Vortex adjustable rearsets
Stompgrip on the tank
CRG lane splitter mirrors
Rhino bar end sliders
Titax adjustable levers
Ohlins rear shock
Ohlins 25mm fork cartridges

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Been there, scary fun. :monkeydance:
I had -1/+3 on the FZ, but that bike needed it a bit more. I was a little nervous about the +2 rear, but it's actually perfect for street. It's essentially +5 over stock and I've been told it cuts the top end too much for a fast track. This is not a track bike, though.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I had -1/+3 on the FZ, but that bike needed it a bit more. I was a little nervous about the +2 rear, but it's actually perfect for street. It's essentially +5 over stock and I've been told it cuts the top end too much for a fast track. This is not a track bike, though.
I had a 02 FZ1 back in well, 02 I guess. :brow: Good for high speed wheelies, which, I may have done when a younger dumber lad.:busted:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I loved my 03 FZ, but at about 80k very hard miles, it was time to upgrade. I was underwhelmed by the gen2 FZ's performance, hence the R1. I couldn't have gotten the same result with an FZ for the same amount of money. The Gen2 FZ is a good looking bike, though (minus the HUGE stock exhaust can).

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
jimmydean: Very nice mods!!! I bet that thing is scary fast!!! It looks great in streetfighter mode. I would love to do a -1 +2 up but then I'd have to buy a speedo healer??? Ohlins...fvcking Ohlins!! I can only dream!!!

gonefirefightin aka clownpuncher: Yeah right!! I know you'll hold the crap outta the throttle in wide open.

spoke80: :) My very good friend, gonefirefightin, inspired me to go back in. I'm smarter than him though...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Found marsch wheels, giles rear sets, full aprov ti/carbon sysem, grc levers and 3way shock that I should be picking up in the next 2 weeks when I get back down from Idaho...

Yes the -1/+2 is good for the track shorter courses and no real wide open runs, I run -1 and its twitchy at 100mph (makes commuting a pain at times) and I need to remove the limiter I stacked it at 160mph yesterday and reached its limit. Lost approx 10% with the -1 alone. Ran the -1/+2 520 afam set up on a cbr I had and it was fun... Was going to do it to this but Im going to adjust the power curve as JD did with velocity stacks then exhaust and a good tune will bring it in the curve where I want it without sacraficing high speed... I have a crapload of low end grunt its a gixxer and top end is pretty nasty as well but if I slope the curve to the mid/high it will be perfect, fast and wheelie easier at high speeds.

Ah Jimmydean I got my last 1k outa portland last year! k3 aside of paint was stock and had fun but got bored 2 months into it and Idaho got cold. buying it in oregon Did however turn me on to scorpions everclear shields too bad they dont make them for Arai.... Thing was hard to get to fog up....

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just got back from my road trip. I did just over 2200 miles in 7 days. I can do 300+ miles in a day without issue. I do need to redo the seat pad with gel inserts. The Ohlins setup is awesome. I wouldnt have it if i had to pay retail, though.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I just got back from my road trip. I did just over 2200 miles in 7 days. I can do 300+ miles in a day without issue. I do need to redo the seat pad with gel inserts. The Ohlins setup is awesome. I wouldnt have it if i had to pay retail, though.
LMAO! Yeah Im going for 860 miles tomorrow, socal to Boise. Figure Ill leave at 3am and burn the AM then hopefully be in the wide stretches by day light. After racign a SDG Ifly saddle all year and using it to pedla around I have cast iron @$$ cheaks. :thumb:

Ive got 3k in 2 weeks on it, when I got the last gsxr in portland I rode straight through to Boise 480 miles, seat was way worse than the new one...

What are you getting per tank (miles) I seem to get 150 - 10% 15 = 135 3.5 gallons so Im coming in at 38.5 mpg without tucking and throtling a bit (edited: OK a bunch :D). 90 mph average freeway.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The light comes on at about 110 since I installed the speedo healer. I was averaging about 32mpg on this trip. I have never run it dry, so I don't know how far I've got. I usually start looking for fuel at 70 miles.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
just rolled her off the truck and into the shop, crappy pics

02 426f .........231 pounds of woodsweapon

baja designs kit, odometer and computer installed by owner on the day of plating.....yes plated.......and yes that odometer reading is right. (total miles)

all factory parts.

1,200 bucks cash-ola (guy was hurting)

got a set of SM wheels and tires on the way

Last edited: