Quantcast

The Tabletop Thread

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
OK, spin-off of Zach's whip thread. Tabletops!!! Post yours or any table that you think is rad.

I'll start with maybe the coolest pic of a flatty ever. Dave Vanderspek off of a bunny hop...

Some of the crew...

Jake

Brett

Brett inverted

Corbin

Huckler going opposite

Ryan

Me

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Hell yeah! By far, my favorite thing to do on a bike. I love clicking a flatty on my bike and on my camera.

Shawn Butler 360 table.

Evan Holmgren Woodward

Straight dub tabe.

Timo

West Coast Hucker

The Farm

Clint at Bechelli

Dylan Tremblay Wall ride to table.

The Nut.

Twisted up tabe at the Farm.

I can't ever decide if these should be in the "table" bin.

Thai-stick McCaul

Randy Spangdangler

Brandon Semenuk

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Tater tables

I'll occasionally throw them in the one-legged variety

Found a dope pic of Guettler with a one foot seat grab flatty

I also throw them to the downside, or as some people say, a euro table

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Great thread. I have a few to add:

Me, BITD, backyard trails.

Me, BK Trails

Kirk Crisco, Euro Table Tire Grab, BMX Action

K, Bridge Trails

TJ Pro, Bridge Trails

TJ Pro, Bridge Trails

Allen, Centers @ Bridge

Angel, Valley @ BK Trails

Jennings, BK Trails circa 1998

Rob, FDR

Frank, Tarzan's @ Radiation

Frank, Butters @ Radiation

Mike, Bridge

Mike, Bridge

Chris, Mains @ Dutch

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Alright, talky time... I have yet to figure out "the move" I need to lay it over. I can get my hips into it, shift a little sideways and bring the bike in, but I think I'm not pulling/pushing the outside grip in. After you get the bike into what can be considered a "table" what is the final move? Is it arms, legs, leaning over the bike more? D: All of the above? I'm not doing something, I can't get it flat.

I also see many different styles. I LOVe Kyle Straits version, which would be opposite for me, and hang a foot. And I've seen the upside grip both in front of and inside of the downside arm....if that makes any sense? These have names, or they just styles?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nice shots, Don! That Captain Kirk pic is one of my all time favorites.
Thanks - your table pics ain't bad either :thumb: Great locations and styles. Come to think of it we kinda had a little west vs. east pictorial.

And yeah, that Kirk pic has been a fav since I saw it in BMXA many years ago.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Alright, talky time... I have yet to figure out "the move" I need to lay it over. I can get my hips into it, shift a little sideways and bring the bike in, but I think I'm not pulling/pushing the outside grip in. After you get the bike into what can be considered a "table" what is the final move? Is it arms, legs, leaning over the bike more? D: All of the above? I'm not doing something, I can't get it flat.

I also see many different styles. I LOVe Kyle Straits version, which would be opposite for me, and hang a foot. And I've seen the upside grip both in front of and inside of the downside arm....if that makes any sense? These have names, or they just styles?
I'd say what Kyle does is more of an unturndown or "shoulder buzzer." But, a lot of people call it a table. It's all good... it's steezy no matter what you call it.

As for doing a table, I'd say all of the above. To me, the key to getting good tables (and a lot of tricks for that matter) is balance. Your body generally won't let you do something that will throw yourself off balance in the air. So, you need to gradually get them more and more tweaked and your body will get used to staying balanced. The motion for a traditional table is try to bring your feet up to your butt and pull then push your top hand towards your armpit/hip area. Try to keep your knees together for "kneezy steezy" style points. It looks like for a K Strait version it's about the same, but keep the bike more vertical and your legs "straiter."

Kyle Strait can get the steez off of a bunnyhop, too...

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Everyone has different flavor of table. We like tables at Tonic.

Vic Muphy. Career move.

Guy Marsh. Foot on Crank. I love seeing this.

Billy Lewis. The Judge, on Lock.

Billy again..The "Un-Table"

Myself at some trails. Tucks and tables are all I can do.

-L

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Couple more? We like tables in the NW.

Guy. Perfect form.

Billy. Perfectly Cranked.

No discussion of tables is complete without this guy: Inman.

-L

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Great thread! So inspiring!

You guys have no idea how many pages of schoolwork got turned in BITD with pencil sketched drawings of Building Leapin' Jones' bow legged tabes drawn on the back!

Screw working, I'm going riding now...
GM