Quantcast

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I hope Mir rips off one of Kongo's limbs...or surprises everyone and KTFO...

Penn should have no issues with Sanchez tonight...Diego will try to outwork and overwhelm Penn but fortunately BJ is too experienced and talented for Diego's initial agressiveness. Penn just needs to stay calm and wait for his opportunity...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Good at least he is starting to live up to the hype.

BTW, I meant to start a new UFC Non-Fatties thread.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Diego had a gnash on his forehead form BJ's shin that was no less than 4" long and pouring blood. I thought his brain was going to fall out.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Great night of fights.
3/3 predictions in the big three...
Mir was wicked fast with that knock down and guillotine choke...not the man you want to have his arm wrapped somewhere in and around your neck...hah.
Penn...what can you say? Perfect performance...that final leg kick to head was brutal. BJ looked like he could go another 5 rounds.
Clay makes a fantastic punching bag...

I think Diego hit Penn with one uppercut in 4.5 rounds...maybe a few touches but literally nothing else the entire fight. I credit BJ's superhuman reflex/instinct more than I falt Diego.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think Diego hit Penn with one uppercut in 4.5 rounds...maybe a few touches but literally nothing else the entire fight. I credit BJ's superhuman reflex/instinct more than I falt Diego.
BJ looked very natural and relaxed. Diego looked very robotic and uncomfortable. Penn picked him apart and Diego was done from the start. I still think BJ KO'ed him in the first few seconds, but the ref let them go.

By the end he looked like hell and Penn wasn't even a little tired. Unless KenFlo can step up his game, I don't see anyone beating Penn for a while.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I still think BJ KO'ed him in the first few seconds, but the ref let them go.
I would tend to agree...and after that initial exchange Diego had no interest in attempting to trade punches anymore...it's not like even if diego could take BJ to the ground he would have been at any advantage...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Kimbo Rules!!!!!

But fat f*** Nelson is an embarassment. I would have loved it if Dana White said, "No Contract!" right after he won.
F yeah... Kimbo picking up the 210lb Houston and slamming him like a ragdoll and the dominating him with the full mount. I thought Kimbo was going to get destroyed. Also, it looks to me like Kimbo will be cutting to 205... and he's gonna be a massive 205.

BTW houston acted like he was afraid to throw with Kimbo... was kinda strange, he's usually really aggressive.

Roy Nelson... I don't know what to say. I'll have respect when he drops to 205.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That'd be better no doubt. But that's a lot of weight. Isn't he like 265 or something?

I guess I should have said, at least 205. I want to see Roy vs Chuck in a comeback.
I think he cuts to 265. And by cut, I mean he only eats 3 large pizzas before the weigh in.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Is Rashad going to win or lose tonight? I hope he gets dropped. I didn't like the way he was talking to my boy Rampage in the series.

I'm hoping Hazelette gets sub of the night like usual. He's awesome.

Junior Dos Santos and Yvel are going to be beating the sh!t out of each other. Should be a good fight.

What do you guys think?

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
well i think evans is going to win tonight and i really like rampage but i kind of saw it different on tuf series than you Leppah . i didn't like evans before the series but started liking him as the season progressed and proved to be by far the better coach. it seemed to me rampage was the one starting more sh*t than evans . also i didn't see the jardin v silva fight but i'm watching the pre fight on spike right now and they showed when silva knocked jardin out and was standing over him tauting him i thought that was b.s. i also really wish it was the evans v rampage fight instead of this one.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I want to see Silva beat the hell out of Evans. I look forward Lauzon vs. Stout. Overall its a suck card, though. Rampage wussing out sucks.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Holy hell. Did anybody see the fights? They were all killer fights except for the main event.

Dos Santos was on. That punch was brutal.

Lauzon's didn't do so well. Never seen a reverse triangle like that before. That was the sh!t.

Wow. Semtex is for real. I was hoping that Hazellette was going to win, but it looks like Semtex is going to shake up the 170 class a bit.

Stout looked really good too. I thought he was done with that arm lock. But he did awesome.

Lots of first round fights. I just wish that Silva would've knocked rashad out when he wobbled him in the third. That pissed me off.

Still don't like Rashad. Not many people do. There are a lot of boos when he wins. When he fights Quinton, there'll be tons of boos. Yes, he was the better coach on the series, and Jackson was forced to be there even though he didn't want to do it again. But i still see Rashad as the instigator and Quinton as the practical joker.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Silva was gassed in the end. It was a nice shot he caught Evans with, but he had nothing left for the finish.

Cole Miller has shown some serious skill, but he was rocked and recovered nice. The reverse triangle was a trip.

Some good fights, but overall a weak card.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK, I am calling it now:

Diaz by submission.

I like Gray Maynard, but Diaz will have a title soon. Sees too damn good to deny.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
On a side note. Hung out with GSP last night up in Montreal at Club Opera for the closing night. Unbelievable guy, really down to earth and really nice. Also freaking HUGE.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Where are the pictures? You lucky mofo.

I'm hoping Diaz will win by sub. But i think gray is just going to run around backwards the whole time to avoid that whole situation. It happened to him before with Nate. He won't want that to happen again.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Am I the only one that thinks that Diaz won that fight? Would love to see the fightmetric stats on that one.
I think he landed more shots, my Gray landed a few that rocked him.

But yes, a lame fight overall as Maynard was in safe mode and that never makes for a good fight. Not a bad card overall, though.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
I had a good time watching the fights last night. Amir S. really been working on his striking, he looked really solid. He's going to be dangerous in a few years with both stand up and ground game.

Maynard/Diaz fight was lame, I wanted to see Nick get KTFO so bad, he's just such a giant dousche. I would have loved to see him give "the whats up bitch" and, in doing so, eat a right hand that put him to sleep. I cant stand that guy. He's only going to get so far in the UFC with his limited boxing and weak takedowns (I know his subs are very good, but that is all).

They kept saying that the winner of that fight might go up against Penn... IMHO, neither are even close to being ready for that.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
:stupid:

Especially based on last nights fight. Penn would destroy either of them on his worst day.
Against Gray: Penn is near impossible to take down and that's grays strength, plus when he does go down he's one of, if not the most dangerous guy in the UFC. And Grey's 1 dimensional striking is not good enough to hang with Penn.

Against Diaz: Bottom line... Diaz's standup is lame, his takedowns are lame, but he has a good ground game. All BJ has to do is stay on his feet and he'll have it won. Even if it does go to the ground, BJ is so crazy good anyway.

BJ is going to be champ for a LONG time.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think if BJ stays on his game he will no doubt be champ for a while. I would like to see a KenFlo rematch because I think he has the best chance at beating him out of anyone.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I think that Dunham fight was awesome. He wrenched the hell out of Efrain's arm. Come back from hell.

Gray fights too safe. Safe=boring fights. Gray should fight Kenny. When Kenny wins, he should move on to fight BJ a second time so he can get schooled again. BJ won't lose anytime soon. Nobody has his standup, his takedown defense, or his JJ in 155.

I'd like to see who they have Takanori fighting for his first fight. That dude was pretty bada$$ in PRIDE. I hope he transitions well.

Oh yeah, and Amir. He's good, but he's not excellent at anything in particular. He's like Forrest. Forrest is good at everything, but doesn't excel in anything. His subs aren't good, he doesn't have knockout power, his takedowns suck. Amir is gonna get mauled when he fights someone on one of the PPV cards. Just like when he got rocked by that dude from the WEC in the first 20 seconds of the fight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Amir has wicked leg kicks and front kicks. He does some serious damage with those. Considering he's only been a pro for a year, he's pretty impressive. CB Dolloway was supposed to be the next bad ass and he got beat twice by Amir with the same arm bar.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Ok. Good event coming up tomorrow, finally. Who do you think will win?

I'm hoping Big Nog wins against Cain. I've been watching him for a long damn time.

I'm also hoping Wand wins. Cutting down to 185 should be really good for him if he can do the cut without getting exhausted. I hope he beats Bisping like he used to beat everybody in Pride.