Quantcast

The White-Trash Privilege and Sedition Thread.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The Dixie Chicks remember.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That's kind of sad. Caus that industry, that musical genre needs the diversity of voice. I like a little country music now and again (I think - I've started listening to Tim Gearan and Gillian Welch recently and I really like them. I think that's country...). I think it's sad if they allow themselves to be ghetto-ized.

Still, who can blame him. I'd hate to have to spend my life surrounded by and immersed with mouth breathers.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
“The rioters were hypnotized by antifa temptresses who hid psychoactive drugs in their vaginas,” said Lindell. “If you look at the video, many of the rioters had crazed looks in their eyes.”

Don't worry, I know it can be hard to tell these days. ;)
That story is probably a hoax. Not seeing it pop up anywhere else. Someone sent it to me earlier.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So now there are like 6 wicked high profile cases that have all now plead "I was just doing what the president wanted" defence. How does this NOT factor into the impeached trial?

You might not have thought he started it, but these fuckers sure think he did.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So now there are like 6 wicked high profile cases that have all now plead "I was just doing what the president wanted" defence. How does this NOT factor into the impeached trial?

You might not have thought he started it, but these fuckers sure think he did.

Because most of the Republican senate doesn't GAF. But the Impeachment Managers did have content to that effect.

When 45 voted that the trial shouldn't even happen, or not bothering to be there, or aren't paying attention or are meeting with the defense team tells you all you need to know.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My last correspondence with a conservative friend was prior to the election and about how he couldn’t believe the Proud Boys were being called “white supremacist” since they had a dark skinned guy in charge. I called bullshit. He said he hadn’t researched it but... I responded “good luck with your research” and haven’t heard a peep in months.

Now this, with the leader of the pack being an informant. I wonder if I’ll get a research update.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There seems to be some soul searching on the whacky right. My BIL has been mostly silent with my sis posting things like this today "I hate the main stream media."

Enlightening.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
“A democracy, if you can keep it.”

You just lost any semblance of a rational opposition party. You just set yourselves up for years more hyper-partisanship with one side who no longer believe in democracy or truth.

Good luck with that. Disgusting.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I think the only ray of hope we can have in terms of resuscitating democracy is that more will come out, and this could possibly have repercussions for re-elections.
But I’m not going to hold my breath.
It’s not like we actually thought this wouldn’t be the outcome.
There are still legal options for going after Trump.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The problem is with our partisan primaries. These guys don't care if they lose in a general election if they can't make it out of a primary. 70% of americans could support impeachment, but if 60% of Republicans want blood for an impeachment, all those idiots lose their jobs.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I think the only ray of hope we can have in terms of resuscitating democracy is that more will come out, and this could possibly have repercussions for re-elections.
But I’m not going to hold my breath.
It’s not like we actually thought this wouldn’t be the outcome.
There are still legal options for going after Trump.
Capitalism killed democracy ages ago

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully someone creates and maintains a list of any companies making political donations to any of the R senate or representatives who voted against holding him accountable.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But, but, but...

“The President maintained that the election had been stolen and it was the duty of loyal citizens to ‘stop the steal.’ Admittedly there was no rational basis for the claim, but it is apparent defendant was one of millions of Americans who were misled by the President’s deception.”

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hopefully someone creates and maintains a list of any companies making political donations to any of the R senate or representatives who voted against holding him accountable.

Corporate America's stand on politics is "good people on both sides" as long as it helps with their profits.

Populism may be facism's fruit but the root of power is big business. Had a coup been successful we wouldn't have heard a peep. It is easy to say a few meaningless words to denounce one when it fails.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
heard an interesting story on npr the other week about advertising. one takeaway was that fox doesn't need advertising to survive ($ come primarily privately and from cable deals); the other was that many big companies farm out their advertising, particularly online, and that they often didn't really know where their ads end up (so a lot more work, $, to monitor ad placement or do it themselves). most also get support from people of both political stripes so don't really want to offend either base; boycotts aren't typically that effective and people typically end up going back to habit/convenience, which is prioritized above political beliefs.