Quantcast

The White-Trash Privilege and Sedition Thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
no boom, no care

It’s only a proper revolution if there are t-shirt and hat vendors.
so anyway, the guy who owns patagonia built his business based on tax havens

They had a high profile shop in a richy rich part of CA but the real office was built in Reno because of lower taxes. Same with Yvonne's house in Jackson. So the whole social welfare thing doesn't really jive with his personal history.

Plus I don't really think you want to be holding bazillionaires to a lower standard than anyone else. No one makes praising posts about me because I haven't shopped at walmart in 30 years. But a rich guy does a mildly good thing that's really pretty inconsequential and everyone feels the need to clap.

Patagonia the company does treat their employees well from everything I've seen but their owner just does the same thing all rich fucks do......protect the bottom line (especially their personal one) more or at least as equally as the image they want to project, because they know they are inherently intwined. Their public actions are tailored to create business, nothing more. If he really gave a shit about equity like he claims to, he'd be building houses and selling them to poor people for whatever they can afford, or be giving them away. Instead they give millions of dollars to environmental groups which have largely become a scenic view protector of mansion owners using environmental law. Like I said, their little patagonia logo is the uniform for exactly the population that pushes poor people out of communities.

You know the palisades and other wilderness expansion about to happen around teton county? Patagonia's money is funding a lot of that push through groups like the Wilderness Society.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
@kidwoo , can you decipher this dude’s sign? What am I missing here? ‘Purging’?

The dude looks so sincere…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@kidwoo , can you decipher this dude’s sign? What am I missing here? ‘Purging’?

The dude looks so sincere…
Probably works for jeremy jones in boulder. About the right age for most of those kook 'employees'.

No idea what purging winters means. Has the kememmermerermmererer family offered an 'extra white' pass this year?

I do love this:
As a former JHMR employee, Billimoria shed light on what some employees might be feeling, especially those that are environmentally conscious. He said, “I think that many of the workers at JHMR, many of whom have worked there for decades, are embarrassed, it’s not fair to them.”

Yeah I'm 'environmentally conscious' but I work for the entity that is most responsible for all winter airline travel into the area, countless amounts of salt on roads, and exists by running transportation up a partially clearcut mountain that's uninhabitable by most wildlife most of the year.

Cracks me up whenever the USFS here takes out an illegal bike trail or refuses to build a new one over some dumb environmental issue. Hard to take them seriously when they renew like 11 ski area permits annually around here.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've always thought trading cards were stupid. But I see some potential here

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How about Trump’s cell phone calls?
I'd have to go look, but I can swear that I remember there being reports from that day that he was using JR's phone.

Because you totally know he's the sort of dude to throw his own kid under the proverbial, possibly literal, bus.

Edit: Perhaps my memory is faulty on this. A brief perusal of teh interwebz did not turn up what I am thinking of.

Though I'll stand by my statement that Trump would totally hang his own kids out.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:popcorn: can we start the argument about how well armed the MPD and any extra Guard should be now, or is it too soon?
My guess is they might not take it so lightly this time.

I just love how they have been labeled. "political prisoners".